• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Hears Case to Reinstate Trump

Does this burn me up?

• Yes. it burns me up.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, it doesn't burn me up.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Biden will forget to invoke Jackson.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go Trump.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the view.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
The attorney filed an appeal to a Jan 9th decision to NOT hear the case.

Why would SCOTUS change their minds in a month?

They’re reviewing the appeal, no more, no less.
Is this the case where the dude was trying to sue 367 members of Congress for billions of dollars?

Is this the case where the dude was trying to sue 367 members of Congress for billions of dollars?
He's trying to sue the Biden administration for 1 billion and want 367 members of the House barred from ever holding office again.

Supreme Court Hears Case to Reinstate Trump:

I would laugh it off as ridiculous, but Trump has the Court.

If they rule for Trump, give them the same answer as Andrew Jackson, "Let the Supreme Court enforce its decision."

Then they would have cost me that (giving to Jackson).

This just burns me up.

(Sigh) All the article states is that the filer of the original case which was dismissed by SCOTUS has filed an appeal seeking the case be heard.

This is nothing new for any court system when a case was dismissed without proceedings based on the merits (or lack thereof) of the case.

So it is not true that SCOTUS has agreed to "hear the case to reinstate Trump." Nor IMO is it likely that they will take it up. This simply because even the most ardent "Trump-supporting" member of SCOTUS would recognize the impact of trying to oust a confirmed President in favor of the "losing Party" of an election after Congress has Constitutionally confirmed the election results.

So IMO SCOTUS will likely deny this appeal and stand on its original decision to dismiss the case.

Back
Top Bottom