• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court effectively denies 10 year old rape victim an abortion

The core values of the abortion extremists in your party involve killing 8 1/2 month unborns.

We already know this.

Care to publicly denounce them or are you going to keep deflecting?
Me deflect? Hahahahahaha I'm about the most direct person you'll ever run across.

And though I'm not aware of any liberals who support free and unfettered access to abortions up to birth, unless the life of the mother hangs in the balance, I will clearly and unambiguously state that I would find such allowances to be unacceptable and morally offensive.

Clear now?

I would, however, like you to find any evidence of any liberals who support this kind of thing as I'm really not sure there are any.

Then why do you liberals let the minority of your party ruin everything for you if this is the case?
Because when we take away that minority, we no longer have a majority.

Duh.

OK..................provide a link where all doctors would not perform them outside of safety to the mother.!

The nut jobs in your party seem to think there are plenty of doctors who will.
I support giving doctors the freedom to make whatever decision is in the best interests of their patient, meaning the pregnant woman. Tying their hands with legislation only endangers the safety of women.

This is the kind of disgrace this horrific SCOTUS has left us with. I defy even the most fervent right to life advocates to justify this.

While I am pro-choice I tire of using lies (IMHO) and deceit as a form of debate. The Supreme court has not denied an abortion to anyone. It left it to each state to decide how to handle the issue.

Start from there, point to states that would deny the child an abortion and we can have an honest debate.

While I am pro-choice I tire of using lies (IMHO) and deceit as a form of debate. The Supreme court has not denied an abortion to anyone. It left it to each state to decide how to handle the issue.

Start from there, point to states that would deny the child an abortion and we can have an honest debate.
Ohio.

QED

And that's what happens when you return something like this to regressive states that have R controlled legislatures.

How's that for no deceit?

Now are you ready to have that 'honest debate?'

Ohio as per the article.

The Supreme Court made a ruling that allowed states to deny abortions - they knew that's what would happen when they made the ruling and they are okay with it.

Why blame the Court. If anyone is to be blamed it's the party responsible, in this case, the state.
Yes indeed. And that's (presumably) EXACTLY why we have a Supreme Court; to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority due to Constitutionally protected freedoms and rights.

The Supreme Court failed miserably in this mission. It has become an enabler, if not an accomplice, of tyranny.

1. Article is garbage. Barely talks about the 10 year old,and gives no context of her circumstances. Also, funny how there is no mention of the rapist. It's almost like it's a made up story!

2. She can carry the child to term, and put it up for adoption. Problem solved.
Are you kidding me? Problem solved? Do you not have one ounce of understanding or sympathy for a 10-year-old who went through a traumatic event and then was forced to endure 9 months of pregnancy and birth? Forcing her to continue the pregnancy did not solve ANY of her problems.

smh.

Are you kidding me? Problem solved? Do you not have one ounce of understanding or sympathy for a 10-year-old who went through a traumatic event and then was forced to endure 9 months of pregnancy and birth? Forcing her to continue the pregnancy did not solve ANY of her problems.

smh.
That post you quoted is so incredibly devoid of any moral center or empathy for other, least of all, that child rape victim, that it's disgraceful!

Yes indeed.
You start well enough but it does not last.

And that's (presumably) EXACTLY why we have a Supreme Court; to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority due to Constitutionally protected freedoms and rights.
Which Constitutionally protected freedoms are you referring to? There is no Constitutional right to an abortion. According to the Court, there never was one, 49 years of law and practice not-with-standing.

The Supreme Court failed miserably in this mission.
How so? Many say it took decades too long to fulfill its mission.

It has become an enabler, if not an accomplice, of tyranny.
You are advocating for the tyranny of the federal government. This does not give you the moral high ground.

Equating an adult's CHOICE to have multiple children with an abused child being forced to endure pregnancy and childbirth is frankly, unbelievably callous and idiotic.
There's got to be a limit to the vulgarity of what the mods around here will tolerate and the post you reference, as well as a prior one by the same poster clearly crosses the line of decency and civility. His comments are jaw droppingly crude and barbaric. He has no place on a civilized forum like this.

Stupid, ignorant post. You're on a roll.
I suspect a troll roll. That's the only logical explanation. Although the depth of arrogance and stupidity of the comments would partially explain why this country is going into the toilet.

You start well enough but it does not last.

Which Constitutionally protected freedoms are you referring to? There is no Constitutional right to an abortion. According to the Court, there never was one, 49 years of law and practice not-with-standing.

How so? Many say it took decades too long to fulfill its mission.

You are advocating for the tyranny of the federal government. This does not give you the moral high ground.
Check out the 14th Ammendment. It was a constitutionally protected right for 2 1/2 generations.

Yeah.....blame the court for not making up a non Constitutional law out of thin air.

Why didn't Democrats codify Roe when they had the chance with FOCA?

Keep in mind that I support most abortion before you go off on some liberal rant.

It's the Deoncrats' fault that the Republicans passed a law prohibiting this girl from getting an abortion?

Its like the Republicans are so dangerous and reckless, they can't be held accountable for their own cruel and repressive laws.

It's the Deoncrats' fault that the Republicans passed a law prohibiting this girl from getting an abortion?

Its like the Republicans are so dangerous and reckless, they can't be held accountable for their own cruel and repressive laws.
Yeah, stupid us. We counted on the Supreme Court to maintain settled precedent. How foolish of us. We need to see these Neanderthals for who they really are - - taliban supporters hiding behind judicial robes.

Wrong!

Also, if you think that pregnancy and childbirth is trauma then perhaps you should go outside and scream into the forest about how nature traumatized you and every female of every species on the planet. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rape victims everywhere find succor in a man's assurances on the ease of pregnancy.

I hear slavery wasn't so bad either, from white folk.

Yeah, stupid us. We counted on the Supreme Court to maintain settled precedent. How foolish of us. We need to see these Neanderthals for who they really are - - taliban supporters hiding behind judicial robes.

It's the Deomcrats' fault that the Republican gerrymandered OH legislature passed a law forcing children to bear children.

Back
Top Bottom