• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Draft Decision Would Strike Down Roe v. Wade

Plasmaball

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

And with that we have come full circle over the pure stupid idea that its the left trying to fundamentally change this nation.

If you think this you are a liar and ignorant. It's nit about freedom and the constitution. It's about having the laws and rules only help one side while crushing the left.

The gop doesn't believe in democracy ( Mike lee) and surely doesn't believe in people being in charge of their own body unless it's a vaccine.

Hypocritical pieces of crap.

And with that we have come full circle over the pure stupid idea that its the left trying to fundamentally change this nation.

If you think this you are a liar and ignorant. It's nit about freedom and the constitution. It's about having the laws and rules only help one side while crushing the left.

The gop doesn't believe in democracy ( Mike lee) and surely doesn't believe in people being in charge of their own body unless it's a vaccine.

There's already a popular thread in this subforum about this. Rather than whine about it why not state what you think they got wrong in the reported opinion?

There's already a popular thread in this subforum about this. Rather than whine about it why not state what you think they got wrong in the reported opinion?
Cool story.

I really do hope this is bullshit; that we're getting trolled

I'd like to think so as well.

They call this "softening up the ground". Highly doubt the leak was not planned.

Finally !!
We've all been looking forward to the day when, once again, only the wealthy few can get a safe and legal abortion - just as god intended.

😟

Last edited:
If it is, they have AP News fooled.

If you noticed, they quoted politico. All the other reports trace to Politico. It could be that the 'leak' to Politico is faked, or it might not be. So far, it's a single source.

If you noticed, they quoted politico. All the other reports trace to Politico. It could be that the 'leak' to Politico is faked, or it might not be. So far, it's a single source.
I started reading the supposed judgment and it reads exactly like something Alito would write in regards to the tone and style. If it's faked, it's an extremely elaborate and convincing fake.

I have a paper that I'm working on. The media deluded itself into thinking Biden would run then, primarily just so it had other candidates to cover on the Democratic side besides Hillary. Biden enjoyed the limelight, so he gave the media more fodder to run with. If he ever was going to run, any hope of that happening ended when Clinton boxed him out of superdelegates.

Its distressing to see the Right chip away at personal choice.

The GOP sold there soul to the Evangelicals in the 80's.

They control the party on social issues. Ladies this party is taking away one of your personal rights, don't tolerate it, vote Dem in November. If for no other reason than to stop the Evangelicals utopia.

I
I wish nothing more that this is fake news. We all have seen this coming. Many who voted for Trump did so for this exact reason. To pack the Court with Conservatives to take away personal choice.

To them, the chaos of Trump is worth packing the Court, plain and simple.

I just put a Roe overturning into 270towin and a model using these points and came to the conclusion that while Wisconsin would flip, so, too, would Maryland (Where abortion registered as neutral. Last Poll showed Hogan up by 11 -- even though it was his own poll). States to watch became Arizona and Wisconsin. And get this, the Senate still has a 50-50 split if you turn Maryland red. If you don't, then Democrats gain one seat in the Senate. Here are the criteria I used to see what an overturn would do:

• States where Women outnumber men (or vice-versa)
  • States where the most abortions are performed (according to the most recently-available statistics)
  • States where those who voted third party can make a difference
  • States where there is a large presence of religiously-affiliated voters. Must have over 60%
  • States where there is a large presence of none-affiliated voters. Must have over 25%.
  • States where there are a large number of pro-life organizations. Must appear on top 10 list by Christian Headlines.
  • States where there are a large number of pro-choice organizations. Must appear on bottom 10 of list by Christian Life.
  • Opinion on abortion by state, according to YouGov

(I'm also wondering if that leaked report could have been a "dummy," meaning Alito had a feeling it would be leaked, so he just created a fake opinion of the court.)

1. This reported decision will help the Dems in November. A big onion to the Court.

2. This reported decision will increase the number of violent criminals in this country. A big onion to the Court.

3. This reported decision will convince more Americans that the only way forward for this nation is to become a genuine confederation of independent states that will allow Americans to choose the state that is most congenial for them to live in. A big ORCHID to the Court.

Fundamentalist Christians are fundamentally changing this nation into their own image

I find it odd that SCOTUS drafts opinions in February for cases it won't rule on until June.

But I'm probably the only one.

A little slow to the party.

We've got 112 pages of posts based on this little rumor already.

Try reading before posting.

Not sure of the source, but people are saying that Judge Alito recently sold his stock in Danco Laboratories, maker of Mifeprex (mifepristone).
Maybe it's all about the Benjamins?

Back
Top Bottom