• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Supreme Court Decision on Ten Commandments

galenrox said:
Plus let's not forget that whenever someone is possesed or visited by the Holy Spirit, there's mention of a cloud of smoke, or fire. Or at least often enough to imply that they were partying with mary jane.

You are forgetting that the Fundies actually believe that Jesus opened up a can of Welches at the Last Supper. If the good lord didn’t drink the “devil water” you know that good Christians back in the days of Scripture didn’t get high. :lol:

RightatNYU said:
You love to make your wolf analogy, so here you go...

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (Matthew 7:15)

Yeah . . . that is why I am accurately describing you as a wolf . . . .Christian don't compromise their beliefs for the sake of men . . .only wolves do . . . .

SouthernDemocrat said:
You are forgetting that the Fundies actually believe that Jesus opened up a can of Welches at the Last Supper. If the good lord didn’t drink the “devil water” you know that good Christians back in the days of Scripture didn’t get high. :lol:

Hehehehehehehehe I love your "logic" 1 + 2 = 17 . . . . . .

Shamgar said:
Yeah . . . that is why I am accurately describing you as a wolf . . . .Christian don't compromise their beliefs for the sake of men . . .only wolves do . . . .

Actually, no. You're the false prophet. You come here, claiming to be preaching the Lord's message, but instead spew your ignorant hatred and elitist attitude on all who do not meet your own personal criteria.

RightatNYU said:
Actually, no. You're the false prophet. You come here, claiming to be preaching the Lord's message, but instead spew your ignorant hatred and elitist attitude on all who do not meet your own personal criteria.

Hahahahaha the sure sign of the wolf who can't defend his wolf positions . . . . when you can't defend you attack . . . . I can't say I am sorry that I have all the SCriptures on my side . . . .

galenrox said:
What about the wedding at Canaa?

You mean the one where they had wine? Ah maybe all the pot has fogged your brain but the Scriptures say wine for communion only . . . . . . what has that got to do with your altered states?

galenrox said:
oh yeah, because they just happened to run out of communion wine, right, sure. The jugs and jugs of wine were just for communion.
And dude, I'm not stoned right now, nor have I been at any point when I've posted on this forum, and your need to attack me personally, as opposed to the merit of what I say is a sign that you do know that your arguments lack the merit that mine have.

See how burned out you are . . . I never said they were just for communion . . . as Christ was at a wedding . . . . ah they drank that wine there at the wedding . . . .still doesn't answer the altered states question . . . just to clear up that point . . .

Oh but the residue remains in the body for days . . . that is why some are so worried about a drug test . . . . so obviously it has a long term effect . . . .which is obvious in the thinking patterns of the burned out . . . .

Shamgar said:
See how burned out you are . . . I never said they were just for communion . . . as Christ was at a wedding . . . . ah they drank that wine there at the wedding . . . .still doesn't answer the altered states question . . . just to clear up that point . . .

Oh but the residue remains in the body for days . . . that is why some are so worried about a drug test . . . . so obviously it has a long term effect . . . .which is obvious in the thinking patterns of the burned out . . . .
Moderator Gavel
:smash:
Let's keep the personal attacks out of this forum. Thanks!

/Moderator Gavel

Shamgar said:
You mean the one where they had wine? Ah maybe all the pot has fogged your brain but the Scriptures say wine for communion only . . . . . . what has that got to do with your altered states?

ROFL.... ummm Shamgar... read again. Jesus' FIRST miracle was turning jugs of water to wine when they'd ran out. tsk tsk tsk... my children are 9 and 12, and have known that since they were just wee toddlers.

galenrox said:
It proves that Jesus OBVIOUSlY didn't have a problem with altered states, because drinking jugs of wine would lead to being in an altered state, wouldn't you agree.

Sure it can . . .. but see you are addicted to alerted states . . . and I would be happy for you to show me where it says to get so far into altered states you lose control . . .

galenrox said:
It stays for 14 days, but only in levels that do not effect the brain, or the thought process, but you wouldn't know that, would you? . . . . Don't talk about what you don't know about, and you don't have a ****ing clue!

Oh but you see my degree (s) tell me different . . . also it must be why studies have shown that drug addicts are detrimental to a company/economy. . . . .

http://www.nida.nih.gov/EconomicCosts/Chapter1.html

debate_junkie said:
ROFL.... ummm Shamgar... read again. Jesus' FIRST miracle was turning jugs of water to wine when they'd ran out. tsk tsk tsk... my children are 9 and 12, and have known that since they were just wee toddlers.

Too bad you can't figure out my position which happens to be that the Scriptures say wine drinking is acceptable. . . . . . altered states are not . . . .

Originally Posted by galenrox
What about the wedding at Canaa?

Shamgar said:

Shamgar said:
Too bad you can't figure out my position which happens to be that the Scriptures say wine drinking is acceptable. . . . . . altered states are not . . . .

You're right. I can't figure out your position, because you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Either wine drinking is for Communion only, or acceptable in one's everyday life, provided they're not drunk. Which is it?

debate_junkie said:
You're right. I can't figure out your position, because you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Either wine drinking is for Communion only, or acceptable in one's everyday life, provided they're not drunk. Which is it?

Wow you are double minded . . .

James 1: 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Yes, communion is to use wine . . . .but others think it can only grape juice; some think it doesn't matter . . . . That is why wine is only for communion . . .because there were no fresh grapes on the Passover. . . . .

. . . . Yes it can be consumed in moderation in everyday life . . . . . however, the drug addicts and the drunks don't like to hear that . . . . . they love the altered states. . . . . .

1 Peter 4: MKJV

1 Therefore, Christ having suffered for us in the flesh, also you arm yourselves with the same thought, that he suffering in the flesh has been made to rest from sin, 2 in order no longer to live in the lusts of men, but in the will of God the remaining time in the flesh. 3 For the time of life which is past is enough for us to have worked out the will of the nations, having gone on in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, parties, carousings, and abominable idolatries.

galenrox said:
Where's that say anything about weed? Hmmm? Weed existed back then, so show me ONE ****ING PART of the bible that says a ****ing thing about weed!

There is nothing new under the sun . . . addiction to altered states is nothing new . . . .and those addcited to altered states are kicked out of the kingdom of heaven. . . . . that includes drug addicts . . . . . they are kicked out just as the homosexuals are kicked out . . . .

1 Cor 6: 9 Or do you not know that unjust ones will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be led astray, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous ones, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor plunderers shall inherit the kingdom of God.

You have to realize that they will eventually have to remove the bible altogether using they're politically correct logic. I wonder what they'll swear on then? If they swear on anything. :2razz:

galenrox said:
How about the constitution?

Great idea, but it won't work in its present state. Not to worry though, it appears that they are quite busy bending, shaping and morphing it now. So it may be ready for that pretty soon. ;)

janice said:
You have to realize that they will eventually have to remove the bible altogether using they're politically correct logic. I wonder what they'll swear on then? If they swear on anything. :2razz:

Oh they already have abolished the Holy Scriptures . . . .they did it with the contitution . . . since the constitution is antichristian document . . . .

janice said:
Great idea, but it won't work in its present state. Not to worry though, it appears that they are quite busy bending, shaping and morphing it now. So it may be ready for that pretty soon. ;)

Shamgar said:
Oh they already have abolished the Holy Scriptures . . . .they did it with the contitution . . . since the constitution is antichristian document . . . .

What are you talking about? Does the constitution prevent you from being a believing Christian? Of course not. I suppose what you mean is this nation was not founded as a theocracy (something that differentiates us from a nation like Iran). However, why should we be legally compelled to adhere to God’s law when we are supposed to adhere to God’s law through our own freewill?

Also, what is the deal with those cartoons? Am I the only one on here that finds them to be absolutely flaming? It’s like something that Christopher Lowell would do if he were a fundamentalist.

SouthernDemocrat said:
What are you talking about? Does the constitution prevent you from being a believing Christian? Of course not. I suppose what you mean is this nation was not founded as a theocracy (something that differentiates us from a nation like Iran). However, why should we be legally compelled to adhere to God’s law when we are supposed to adhere to God’s law through our own freewill?

Exactly where is the authority to create a nation that is not under God's law?

Oh yeah in your secular humanist training manual . . . .

SouthernDemocrat said:
Also, what is the deal with those cartoons? Am I the only one on here that finds them to be absolutely flaming? It’s like something that Christopher Lowell would do if he were a fundamentalist.

No all sorts of God haters don't like the graphics (a form of nonverbal communication as is type - ah more of my higher education being put into practical use) . . . .but then again they have always hated the mode of God's messages . . . .

I don't want them taking time on my dime to discuss this crap! This is a non-issue, politically speaking.

Last edited:
Shamgar said:

No all sorts of God haters don't like the graphics (a form of nonverbal communication as is type - ah more of my higher education being put into practical use) . . . .but then again they have always hated the mode of God's messages . . . .

I wasn’t saying that your little cartoons were not necessarily creative. I mean I suppose they are. What I was implying however is that they are kind of, well, gay. I mean they are creative, but creative in the way like a drag queen's costume might be creative.

galenrox said:
Dude, I mean seriously, what the **** is your deal?
If you want a christian theocricy, go elsewhere, because that's not America. I'm sure there are plenty of christian theocratic nations, just go there, and **** off.

Haven't you heard? You're tare . . .you get to leave. . . . .

Matt 13: 24 He put before them another parable, saying: The kingdom of Heaven is compared to a man sowing good seed in his fields. 25 But while the men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed darnel in the midst of the wheat, and went away. 26 And when the blade sprouted and produced fruit, then the darnel also appeared. 27 And coming near, the slaves of the housemaster said to him, Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Then from where does it have the darnel? 28 And he said to them, A man, an enemy did this. And the slaves said to him, Do you desire, then, that going out we should gather them? 29 But he said, No, lest gathering the darnel you should uproot the wheat with them. 30 Allow both to grow together until the harvest. And in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, First gather the darnel, and bind them into bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my granary.

SouthernDemocrat said:
I wasn’t saying that your little cartoons were not necessarily creative. I mean I suppose they are. What I was implying however is that they are kind of, well, gay. I mean they are creative, but creative in the way like a drag queen's costume might be creative.

You would be the expert on being gay . . . . as I am not . . . . but then again I couldn't care less what you think . . . .

Last edited:
Shamgar said:
You would be the expert on being gay . . . . as I am not . . . . but then again I couldn't care less what you think . . . .

Ouch....touched a nerve?

RightatNYU said:
Ouch....touched a nerve?

I don't want to be confused with the supporters of homosexuality, like you, as they are excluded from the kingdom . . . .

Roman 1: 32 who knowing the righteous order of God, that those practicing such things are worthy of death, not only do them, but also applaud those practicing them .

Shamgar said:
I don't want to be confused with the supporters of homosexuality, like you, as they are excluded from the kingdom . . . .

Roman 1: 32 who knowing the righteous order of God, that those practicing such things are worthy of death, not only do them, but also applaud those practicing them .

Hell is in the eye of the beholder. "Heaven" with a "God" like the the god of the literal Bible, and his followers, would be hell in my book.

Luckily, in this country, where we have freedom of religion, Gays are not excluded from the Democracy, even if they do happen to be excluded from the Kingdom.

Dezaad said:
Hell is in the eye of the beholder. "Heaven" with a "God" like the the god of the literal Bible, and his followers, would be hell in my book.

Yeah truth would be evil to you . . . .

Dezaad said:
Luckily, in this country, where we have freedom of religion, Gays are not excluded from the Democracy, even if they do happen to be excluded from the Kingdom.

Oh but the pseudo Christians put their arms around you . . . .and fund your evil . . .

Back
Top Bottom