• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Supreme Court Decision on Ten Commandments

Religion is based on faith just like the Bible. I won't push any laws that are based on my faith nor do I want any laws made based on other faiths. I respect the right of religions to have their own practices and rules unless their way is dangerous to society. Your hate of homosexuals is dangerous to society. Secular humanism makes more sense than Christianity to me because it relies on critical thinking and reason. However, I am not really a secular humanist because through reason, I think that the universe needed a Creator to begin everything. All your beliefs are based on faith that a book is accurate, written centuries ago before we understood much of science and you believe in mysticism. Mysticism doesn't make sense to me because it defies everyday life. But I understand and respect people who understand their faith in Christ as their savior and the Bible is based on faith, not critical reasoning. And usually those people are able to understand and respect my own reasoning.

MikeyC said:
Religion is based on faith just like the Bible. I won't push any laws that are based on my faith nor do I want any laws made based on other faiths.

Oh of course the "Centrist and Deist" wouldn't "push" his beliefs on anyone . . . since that would be illogical . . . but since your beliefs come from your heart how are you separating your religion from your speech . . . . ? That is not logical. . . . .

Matthew 12: 33 Either make the tree good, and its fruit good; or make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt. For from the fruit the tree is known. 34 Offspring of vipers! how can ye speak good things, being wicked? For of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 The good man out of the good treasure brings forth good things; and the wicked man out of the wicked treasure brings forth wicked things. 36 But I say unto you, that every idle word which men shall say, they shall render an account of it in judgment-day: 37 for by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Luke 6: 43 For there is no good tree which produces corrupt fruit, nor a corrupt tree which produces good fruit; 44 for every tree is known by its own fruit, for figs are not gathered from thorns, nor grapes vintaged from a bramble. 45 The good man, out of the good treasure of his heart, brings forth good; and the wicked man out of the wicked, brings forth what is wicked: for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Most Deists come to their beliefs through their own reasoning, not a book or from the beliefs of others. So applying my religion to my speech would basically mean applying my own thinking. You apply the thoughts of others in your speech and you apply the laws of a book that isn't recognized as law by our country. Deism doesn't actually take a stance on issues like Christianity, it lets its believers determine for themselves how they feel. I don't know how Deists feel about abortion or gay marriage actually, because we just don't discuss politics. My guess is most Deists are in favor of both, but I can't back that up. By the way, being a centrist is a political philosophy and all sides in politics try to push their beliefs on others. What would be the point of a multi-party system if no sides ever tried to debate and push their views?

MikeyC said:
Most Deists come to their beliefs through their own reasoning, not a book or from the beliefs of others. So applying my religion to my speech would basically mean applying my own thinking. You apply the thoughts of others in your speech and you apply the laws of a book that isn't recognized as law by our country. Deism doesn't actually take a stance on issues like Christianity, it lets its believers determine for themselves how they feel. I don't know how Deists feel about abortion or gay marriage actually, because we just don't discuss politics. My guess is most Deists are in favor of both, but I can't back that up. By the way, being a centrist is a political philosophy and all sides in politics try to push their beliefs on others. What would be the point of a multi-party system if no sides ever tried to debate and push their views?

Your religion, as the religion of the other God haters, is spread from your heart to your mouth. . . so it is impossible for you to separate the two . . .sorry your response is illogical . . . beep . . . beep . . . . does not compute . . . . illogical..........

Matthew 12: 33 Either make the tree good, and its fruit good; or make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt. For from the fruit the tree is known. 34 Offspring of vipers! how can ye speak good things, being wicked? For of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 The good man out of the good treasure brings forth good things; and the wicked man out of the wicked treasure brings forth wicked things. 36 But I say unto you, that every idle word which men shall say, they shall render an account of it in judgment-day: 37 for by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Luke 6: 43 For there is no good tree which produces corrupt fruit, nor a corrupt tree which produces good fruit; 44 for every tree is known by its own fruit, for figs are not gathered from thorns, nor grapes vintaged from a bramble. 45 The good man, out of the good treasure of his heart, brings forth good; and the wicked man out of the wicked, brings forth what is wicked: for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Shamgar said:
Your religion, as the religion of the other God haters, is spread from your heart to your mouth. . . so it is impossible for you to separate the two . . .sorry your response is illogical . . . beep . . . beep . . . . does not compute . . . . illogical..........

I KNEW IT! Those damned robot aliens.

^You know, I think you may just be playing us to see us how mad you think we can get.

Shamgar said:
Yup you guys are robots . . . propaganda robots . . .

You're the robot with no original thought, just the Bible as your guide. All my responses here have been my own thoughts.

MikeyC said:
You're the robot with no original thought, just the Bible as your guide. All my responses here have been my own thoughts.

. . . .your "own" thoughts of secular humanism that were invented by some philosopher. . . . . . . yeah you have "original" ideas . . . your spewing someone else's religion and you are just a tag-a-long. . . . .

No actually. I came to my beliefs of Deism before I even knew the word Deism. One day I was studying for my AP Global Exam and under the "Enlightenment" period Deism was in bold so I read what its beliefs were and found they matched exactly with my own. I researched more into Deism and found that none of my beliefs were compromised in Deism and no knew beliefs were put into my head. I then contacted a Deist minister over the e-mail and after a conversation with him, became a Deist. Yes, these beliefs were out there before me, but I didn't read about them and then decide it made sense, I came up with the beliefs myself first and then found there was a belief system to match that. And technically, I'm not a secular humanist as I am quite sure there is a God. There, now you know the story of how I became Deist.

MikeyC said:

He doesn’t even do a very good job of using the Bible as his guide. Instead, he uses the Bible as a tool with which to justify his obvious hate and intolerance.

He claims that just by paying his taxes to an “unrighteous government” he is sinning. By his definition, an unrighteous government would be one that doesn’t promote and endorse fundamentalist Christian beliefs and doesn’t make homosexuality criminal.

I pointed out that Paul told the Romans to pay their taxes and that obviously that meant to pay their taxes to the Roman government and that the Roman government was corrupt and far from righteous. Of course, he won’t even admit that the Roman government was corrupt because by doing so, he admits that he is wrong. Moreover, when Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem, they were doing so to pay taxes to the Roman Government.

SouthernDemocrat said:
He doesn’t even do a very good job of using the Bible as his guide. Instead, he uses the Bible as a tool with which to justify his obvious hate and intolerance.

Yes, you have avoided that "problem" since you don't even use the Scriptures, but instead uninspired documents to prove your hate and intolerance for the God's word . . . .

SouthernDemocrat said:
He claims that just by paying his taxes to an “unrighteous government” he is sinning. By his definition, an unrighteous government would be one that doesn’t promote and endorse fundamentalist Christian beliefs and doesn’t make homosexuality criminal.

Really? When did God say homosexuality wasn't a crime against God? It appears it is a crome that excludes one from the kingdom of heaven (1 Cor 6:9-11) . . . .oh yeah you don't use the Scriptures so you wouldn't know that . . . .

SouthernDemocrat said:
I pointed out that Paul told the Romans to pay their taxes and that obviously that meant to pay their taxes to the Roman government and that the Roman government was corrupt and far from righteous. Of course, he won’t even admit that the Roman government was corrupt because by doing so, he admits that he is wrong. Moreover, when Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem, they were doing so to pay taxes to the Roman Government.

Sorry Gideon was in capativity to an unrighteous government just as Mary and Joseph were . . . . . and Gideon refused to pay his tribute to the Midianites . . . . oh yeah you wouln't know that since you don't use the Scriptures . . . . .

judges 6: 1 And the sons of Israel did evil again in the sight of Jehovah, and Jehovah gave them into the hand of Midian seven years. 2 And the hand of Midian was strong against Israel. And the sons of Israel made dens for themselves before the faces of Midian, in the mountains, and the caves, and the strongholds. 3 And it happened after Israel had sown crops , Midian, and Amalek, and the sons of the east came; and they came against them, 4 and camped against them, and destroyed the produce of the land until you enter Gaza. And they left no food in Israel, either sheep, or ox, or ass. 5 For they came up with their livestock, and with their tents. They came in like locusts for number, and there was no number to them, to their camels. And they came into the land to destroy it. 6 And Israel was brought very low before Midian. And the sons of Israel cried to Jehovah.
7 And it happened when the sons of Israel had cried to Jehovah about Midian, 8 Jehovah sent a man, a prophet, to the sons of Israel. And he said to them, So says Jehovah the God of Israel, I have brought you up out of Egypt; and I have brought you out from a house of slaves. 9 And I have delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of all your oppressors; and I have expelled them before you; and I have given you their land. 10 And I said to you, I am Jehovah your God. You shall not fear the gods of the Amorite among whom you are dwelling in their land. But you have not listened to My voice.
11 And the Angel of Jehovah came and sat under the oak which is in Ophrah, which belonged to Joash the Abiezrite. And his son Gideon was beating out wheat in the winepress, to hide it from the eyes of Midian. 12 And the Angel of Jehovah appeared to him, and said to him, Jehovah is with you, mighty warrior.

But since you have no clue what the Scriptures mean you babble on out of context . . . .

galenrox said:
Do you see the flaw in your logic in saying that someone has no idea what the scripture means? Since the bible was written there have been debates over what the scripture means, and there have been, and still are tons of schools there for the sole purpose of people studying and interpretting the bible, so what puts you in the position to say that anyone knows nothing about what the scripture means, when really, none of us really knows for sure what the scripture means, it's all what you get out of it.

Well I have proven you, the pot smoker, wrong so I would say I know more than you. . . boy why don't you show me where such activity (altered states - not pot specifcally) is condoned in the Scriptures . . . .

Do you not know?

Are you still working on that particular cartoon?

Does the Bible not have an opinion on such a subject?

What?

Gandhi>Bush said:
Do you not know?

Are you still working on that particular cartoon?

Does the Bible not have an opinion on such a subject?

What?

1. No . . . I do know . . .
2. Nope . . . not making one . . .
3. Yup . . .
4. that is for the pot smoking scholar to answer not me . . . . especially since I know it drives you buggy when I do that . . . . each and every time . . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

It doesn't bug me. It makes you have no idea what you're talking about. Something you've done very well at proving so far. If you wish to prove otherwise, I'm all ears.

Gandhi>Bush said:
It doesn't bug me. It makes you have no idea what you're talking about. Something you've done very well at proving so far. If you wish to prove otherwise, I'm all ears.

Oh yeah it "doesn't" bug you . . . that is why you keep "fishing" for the answer . . . . however, it is you on the hook . . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shamgar said:
Oh yeah it "doesn't" bug you . . . that is why you keep "fishing" for the answer . . . . however, it is you on the hook . . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your replies have become so incomprehensible that I'm beginning to wonder if you may have in fact smoked a bit too much tree....

RightatNYU said:
Your replies have become so incomprehensible that I'm beginning to wonder if you may have in fact smoked a bit too much tree....

I doubt you would be able to understand much of what I post since God haters who support the butcher of babies, you know the ones who follow goats, wouldn't understand the ones who adhere to the Scriptures anyway. . . .

Where in the Bible is abortion against the words of God or Jesus?

Shamgar said:
I doubt you would be able to understand much of what I post since God haters who support the butcher of babies, you know the ones who follow goats, wouldn't understand the ones who adhere to the Scriptures anyway. . . .

So anyone who doesn't believe your specific interpretation of faith (that is all it is) is a God hater?

Hmmmm, I think I've been warned about people like you...

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" (1 John 4:1)

See, you appear to praise God, but when you look at your words, you use hatred to separate all those who would believe anything differently than you. God is a god of love, of openness, and salvation, not persecution.

You love to make your wolf analogy, so here you go...

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (Matthew 7:15)

Back
Top Bottom