• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Allows Trump Administration to Implement Transgender Restrictions in Military

Still waiting to hear what's "activist" or "SJW" about this temporary stay. Details, boys, details.

No one is saying they are subhuman. There are many things that bar people from serving in the military. People with flat feet can't serve and no one is saying they are subhuman.

Lol that is such a reach. They are not physically incapable of serving and as previous posts have shown the military has already made adjustments to transgender military.
By passing a bill saying they can’t serve based on the fact they are transgender you’re absolutely saying they are below you as citizens and even non citizens can serve so they are below them now as well.
I can think of a government that ranked citizens based on its social, health and religious status and prevented them from having certain rights....

Also numerous countries allow transgender soldiers my country being one and Israel is another country that allows it. You’re on the wrong side of history my friends.

the only activists were those that didn't say that obama changing the rule was unconstitutional.
while saying that trump changing the rule the say way that obama did is.

that is what we call judicial activism.

So the Conservative Justice Roberts is an activist judge?

No one is saying they are subhuman. There are many things that bar people from serving in the military. People with flat feet can't serve and no one is saying they are subhuman.

This post is so ridiculous i had to quote it twice.

Just wanted to make sure everyone sees you comparing transgender soldiers to people that have flat feet.

Do people that have bone spurs also count? Asking for a friend?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/suprem...nsgender-military-service-for-now-11548168481

Justices split along ideological lines; litigation continues in lower courts

WASHINGTON—A divided Supreme Court on Tuesday agreed to allow the Trump administration to implement for now its planned restrictions on service in the military by transgender individuals.

The high court issued stay orders that block the effect of multiple lower court rulings that prevented the administration from implementing the transgender restrictions, on the grounds that they were likely unconstitutional.
================================
This may be one of the first such 'split' decisions now that Trump has packed the court with Conservative justices.

Oh please, don't insult the common-sense intelligence of the average person. You don't have to be a legal guru to understand the normative principle of no double standard and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You see, it wasn't unconstitutional to ban transgenders (or gays) BEFORE the executive branch changed it by administrative order BUT NOW we are to believe its unconstitutional to change it back AGAIN by executive order to what it legally was a few years ago?

What rule of law and executive power is this? It must be: "A Democrat on the side of history can change the status quo with an executive order he likes, but Republican President cannot issue a valid contrary order because I, Judge Resistance says so?"

Oh wait, maybe you guys can say it in Latin so it sounds better: ""A Democratica ab ea parte historiae mutare potest per legalis status quo cum exsecutiva ordinem sed contra ordinem ad normam Republican Praeses potest quod iudex Resistentia ergo dicit?""

Still think your fooling anyone?

Last edited:
Lol that is such a reach. They are not physically incapable of serving and as previous posts have shown the military has already made adjustments to transgender military.
By passing a bill saying they can’t serve based on the fact they are transgender you’re absolutely saying they are below you as citizens and even non citizens can serve so they are below them now as well.
I can think of a government that ranked citizens based on its social, health and religious status and prevented them from having certain rights....

I dont THINK they Law is saying Transgenders CANT serve. I think the intent is for them NOT to demand a transition during service on the American Dollar.

Secondly if a Transgender check Male in the box and fulfills their duty as a MALE there would be NO issues
Same if a Transgender checks FEMALE in the BOX yet fulfills their duty as a female there would be no issues.

Lets FACE IT, Before this became news Im SURE HUNDREDS Of THOUSANDS of Transgenders have served with ZERO issues as long as they maintained their GENDER same WITH SAME SEX /GAY individuals. Kept it to themselves DID THEIR DUTY SERVED Honorably and GOT out. NO one cared nor BOTHERED....... As it Does NOT matter, IT matters ONLY if you MAKE it an issue......

Last edited:
Some disgruntled abjects see America as evil and God as wicked. That is because the disgruntled abjects are uncivilized idiots.

I see America as promising, and I see god as an illogical batch of servile nonsense.

It's fact, not partisanship.

A transgendered man can fire a gun and locate the enemy based on sight and sound.

A deaf, blind, or mentally handicapped person cannot.

You are pure partisan.

You have got to be kidding me. I advice all of you to quit the current military structure. I know how attached you all are to killing people "from different nations" but yall need to give that up immediately. The fact that you can don a fancy suit and go out to some desert and harm other people is a sign that the military is a useless structure for human achievement. It makes no sense why everyone has to be protected by men with guns. It's not 490 B.C. people. Transexuals should be allowed because they are human! Why not? We are already throwing lives away so why not add everyone into this stupid fun party. Grow up humanity.

If anything, change the military to be more about saving lives and building huge infrastructure projects or getting us into space. That's real men stuff right there.

One way of looking at the situation is

Should the US military accept as recruits people who have a medical condition that requires surgery that has not been done but which will also require constant medication to maintain health after it has been completed?

You could even simplify that by eliminating the "not only requires surgery that has not been done but which will also" portion so that one of the conditions that would be a disqualifier is "Type 1 Diabetes".

So ask yourself, "Should persons with "Type 1 Diabetes" be eligible for enlistment in the US military?". Currently they are NOT.

Another way to simplify that would be by eliminating the "but which will also require constant medication to maintain health after it has been completed" bit, so that one of the conditions that would be a disqualifier is "two broken legs".

So ask yourself, "Should persons with "two broken legs" be eligible for enlistment in the US military?". Currently they are NOT.

Now ask yourself, "Should persons with "Type 1 Diabetes" and "two broken legs" be eligible for service in the US military?". Currently they are __[fill in the blank]__.

PS - Yes, that is what is known as an analogy.

Now if there were a person who had completed their "gender realignment surgery" and who did NOT require continuous medication in order to remain healthy, that would be a completely different case.

Are there any such people?

What about medication for high blood pressure or to control cholesterol?

How far should this rabbit hole go?

I was very angry reading this, but mostly sad. At this time in history we Americans should be moving forward in social issues like this and yet here we have a Supreme Court letting a horrible decision like this go on like the LGBT community has not spent DECADES to ensure that discriminatory acts like this dont happen.

You know how the right hates activist courts......

What is activist about allowing the military to staff itself they way it wants to? They didn't propose or "interepret" their own policy, they just allowed it to go through, that's it. It's no more activist than when, oh, Obamacare was allowed to stay, under the guise of a tax.

You have got to be kidding me. I advice all of you to quit the current military structure. I know how attached you all are to killing people "from different nations" but yall need to give that up immediately. The fact that you can don a fancy suit and go out to some desert and harm other people is a sign that the military is a useless structure for human achievement. It makes no sense why everyone has to be protected by men with guns. It's not 490 B.C. people. Transexuals should be allowed because they are human! Why not? We are already throwing lives away so why not add everyone into this stupid fun party. Grow up humanity.

If anything, change the military to be more about saving lives and building huge infrastructure projects or getting us into space. That's real men stuff right there.

Just because you've lost faith in the culture, doesn't mean everyone else has.

That's what the military is about, saving lives. Particularly, American lives, even if said americans hate us, and we will staff ourselves appropriately for the cause.

So the Conservative Justice Roberts is an activist judge?

nothing to do with the topic since the Supreme court put a kabosh on the challenges.
The supreme court got it right the lower courts got it wrong.

I see America as promising, and I see god as an illogical batch of servile nonsense.

God opposes drug abuse, murder, lying, theft, hatred, abuse of human rights and so forth. That does not commend the democrat party for attempting to kick God off their Obama platform in Charlotte in 2012.

God opposes drug abuse, murder, lying, theft, hatred, abuse of human rights and so forth. That does not commend the democrat party for attempting to kick God off their Obama platform in Charlotte in 2012.

So did Confucius, who predates your religious beliefs by hundreds of years.

As far as "god" is concerned, I'll care when god reveals himself and proves he exists.

Why is it he has not revealed himself for thousands of years, and even then, why did he reveal himself to the people he did?

Your religion is a farce and I reject your dismissal of democrats because you think they kicked god off their ticket. He doesn't exist, therefore, there was nothing off to kick.

So did Confucius, who predates your religious beliefs by hundreds of years.

As far as "god" is concerned, I'll care when god reveals himself and proves he exists.

Why is it he has not revealed himself for thousands of years, and even then, why did he reveal himself to the people he did?

Your religion is a farce and I reject your dismissal of democrats because you think they kicked god off their ticket. He doesn't exist, therefore, there was nothing off to kick.

You think democrats were stupid to try to kick God off their 2012 Obama platform in Charlotte? Me too. Do you think people like Obama and Hillary are idiots for claiming to believe in God?

You think democrats were stupid to try to kick God off their 2012 Obama platform in Charlotte? Me too. Do you think people like Obama and Hillary are idiots for claiming to believe in God?

I think they're atheists, just like you are, and just like I am.

The difference between me, and the rest of the folks who believe in A god, is I go ONE god further than you.

Join me in the age of reason and shed the shackles of faith. There is an entire universe of possibility out there if you're willing to shed this delusion.

What about medication for high blood pressure or to control cholesterol?

How far should this rabbit hole go?

Both can BECOME disqualifiers if the condition starts after enlistment and persists.

Both ARE disqualifiers if the condition exists prior to enlistment.

I was very angry reading this, but mostly sad. At this time in history we Americans should be moving forward in social issues like this and yet here we have a Supreme Court letting a horrible decision like this go on like the LGBT community has not spent DECADES to ensure that discriminatory acts like this dont happen.

So your position would be that someone who has "Type 1 Diabetes" and also requires extensive surgery should be allowed to enlist in the US military, is it?

Don't get hung up on the LGBTQ2? issue, but think of the "continuing medications to remain functional" and the "requires surgery" issues.

"(D)rug abuse, murder, lying, theft, hatred, (and) abuse of human rights" can also be disqualifiers for military enlistment.

Do current active service transgender get to now leave the military or are they expected to finish their enlisted term?

That would depend.

However if the Pentagon has any lawyers on staff, they will realize that a "Good Conduct [Medical]" discharge is the one least likely to cause problems (read as "result in whacking huge law suits").

Back
Top Bottom