• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court Allows Trump Administration to Implement Transgender Restrictions in Military

Anyone know the answer to this?

I did read this earlier which may help to answer part of your question.

The new policy generally bars transgender individuals from serving unless they serve "in their biological sex" and do not seek to undergo a gender transition.

The policy has an exception for transgender troops who relied on the Obama-era rules to begin the process of changing their gender, allowing them to continue to serve. The military said last year that over 900 men and women have done so.
https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/23/02/55/us-news-trump-transgender-military-ban-supreme-court

I did read this earlier which may help to answer part of your question.

It does and it doesn’t. My issue is what message has this sent transgender soldiers and those that might be struggling with that inner battle? Why would they fight for a country that apparently seems them as sub human? I think it’s only fair that if they request an honourable discharge it should be granted.

It does and it doesn’t. My issue is what message has this sent transgender soldiers and those that might be struggling with that inner battle? Why would they fight for a country that apparently seems them as sub human? I think it’s only fair that if they request an honourable discharge it should be granted.

It's pretty shameful. This exclusion has nothing to do with a person's ability to carry out their job, but the biases of others.

So its the right that are the Social Justice Warriors apparently.

Oh the hypocrisy.

You know how the right hates activist courts......

Stealing. This.

This is a temporary stay of implementation while proceedings continue, and very specifically not a judgment on the merits of the policy.

Please, do tell what exactly is:

1) Activist

2) SJW

About this ruling.

Be detailed, for both.

It's pretty shameful. This exclusion has nothing to do with a person's ability to carry out their job, but the biases of others.

It’s disgusting and if i was an American I’d worry where does it end. Gay soldiers next? Muslims?

Precedent has been sent

Flame Suit activated

1) I was not under the impression that you joined the military for a free operation regardless what the operation is.

2) Those that want to volunteer are free to do so. WHAT or Why does the need to express what sex openly has to do with your need to serve our country honorably and faithfully.

3) After completing Basic Training you then Enter a MOS (Military Occupational Skill) Whatever defined sex you are you qualify for that position your duty is to fulfill that mission right? NOT all men are cut out to be Seals or Special Operations. Nor are all women cut out to be Radio Technicians. It is your applicable ability to fufill the job you undertook.

4) If an MOS is Gender specific (extremely minority) It is because the qualifications may have limitation based on the GENDER. But if you Transition and maintain it and you FULFILL the duties and qualifications. I really dont care (I.e. Spec Ops Male MOS specificity, women transitions (to a male) and is able to complete the qualifications then "She/He" is good to go in my book) The ONLY dangers that I personally see is the medical operations and the issues that may arise in ACTUAL field operations (in the event of field medical operation and not having the correct tools to provide life saving treatment because they only had male appropriate tools or medication. NOW puts both the service member in jeopardy and potentially the unit in jeopardy.

5) per the above post 900 people have undergone surgeries this is surely a small minority. Why are we making this a huge deal.

6) You are a male you transition and go in as a female you enter basic and pass and move on to the MOS. Complete your school, do your 4,10,20+ years of service whats the problem? What is the NEED to Announce and transition. Same if you are a Female and go in as a male.... do your time. Who cares I dont need to know as long as you did your job. But if you out of minority of 900 want to intentionally gain the "attention" whats they point. I swear its "Defend the constitution of all enemies foreign and domestic" Not defend the constitution while announcing your transition. do your Job get your retirement then get out and transition all you want.....

*flame suit on max setting*.....

The message: don't join the service expecting free gender reassignment treatment. If you want to pretend to be a member of the opposite sex, do it off duty.

imageedit-1-5262786991.gif

The message: don't join the service expecting free gender reassignment treatment. If you want to pretend to be a member of the opposite sex, do it off duty.

Fine i won’t argue on that because we won’t agree but you would be fine with current transgender soldiers etc being allowed to leave their service early?

Fine i won’t argue on that because we won’t agree but you would be fine with current transgender soldiers etc being allowed to leave their service early?

If they joined to get turned from a rooster to a hen for free, sure. If that's their only motivation, they don't need to be there.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/suprem...nsgender-military-service-for-now-11548168481

Justices split along ideological lines; litigation continues in lower courts

WASHINGTON—A divided Supreme Court on Tuesday agreed to allow the Trump administration to implement for now its planned restrictions on service in the military by transgender individuals.

The high court issued stay orders that block the effect of multiple lower court rulings that prevented the administration from implementing the transgender restrictions, on the grounds that they were likely unconstitutional.
================================
This may be one of the first such 'split' decisions now that Trump has packed the court with Conservative justices.

What is truth? To leftist enemies of God Almighty truth is whatever they say it is and is not what they do not want it to be. God has condemned sodomy. Too many sinners cannot seem to agree with God.

If the person can shoot the bad guy in their boiler room and put them down, I do not care what they do when on liberty.
As long as they are an ass kicking warrior when needed, I am good with it.
m I tend to agree. If the person has completed his/her transition and enlisted based on that, then there should be no problem, assuming he/she makes the service's standards for the appropriate gender.

MLK didn't want to make America great?

United States citizens have been barred from military service for 240 years. Midgets, mentally ill, handicapped, fat, blind, deaf people are barred from the service.

I guess you want to let blind people fly helicopters, next. :lamo

That you compare them to this is not only absurd it shows how partisan you truly are.

What is truth? To leftist enemies of God Almighty truth is whatever they say it is and is not what they do not want it to be. God has condemned sodomy. Too many sinners cannot seem to agree with God.

There is no evidence your good exists. And even if he does he is a totally preposterous asshole.

There is no evidence your good exists. And even if he does he is a totally preposterous asshole.

Some disgruntled abjects see America as evil and God as wicked. That is because the disgruntled abjects are uncivilized idiots.

But consensual sodomy is just so much fun.

I hope that Republicans lose what little percentage of the LBGTQ vote they still have. Their margin isn't that secure, and every bit helps.

I read somewhere LBGTQ have a much higher average income than the general population if so why a low paying military post.
I bet most LBGTQ folks have no interest in a military career & some like Trump. Let's get real if the military ever had to confront other
military powers such as Russia or China in a shooting war they certainly don't have LBGTQ in their military & may treat our LBGTQ persons
who become prisoners with less compassion than we would hope for. It's amazing that LBGTQ persons would want to enter the army
anyway except that I read somewhere that the motivation is that the military was paying for the transition

One way of looking at the situation is

Should the US military accept as recruits people who have a medical condition that requires surgery that has not been done but which will also require constant medication to maintain health after it has been completed?

You could even simplify that by eliminating the "not only requires surgery that has not been done but which will also" portion so that one of the conditions that would be a disqualifier is "Type 1 Diabetes".

So ask yourself, "Should persons with "Type 1 Diabetes" be eligible for enlistment in the US military?". Currently they are NOT.

Another way to simplify that would be by eliminating the "but which will also require constant medication to maintain health after it has been completed" bit, so that one of the conditions that would be a disqualifier is "two broken legs".

So ask yourself, "Should persons with "two broken legs" be eligible for enlistment in the US military?". Currently they are NOT.

Now ask yourself, "Should persons with "Type 1 Diabetes" and "two broken legs" be eligible for service in the US military?". Currently they are __[fill in the blank]__.

PS - Yes, that is what is known as an analogy.

Now if there were a person who had completed their "gender realignment surgery" and who did NOT require continuous medication in order to remain healthy, that would be a completely different case.

Are there any such people?

Technically so long as they never transition there shouldn't be a problem on all those accounts. That's the best compromise I can think of because you're right about a condition that needs constant treatment as being something that is a pre-existing condition.

No one is saying they are subhuman. There are many things that bar people from serving in the military. People with flat feet can't serve and no one is saying they are subhuman.

I read somewhere LBGTQ have a much higher average income than the general population if so why a low paying military post.
I bet most LBGTQ folks have no interest in a military career & some like Trump. Let's get real if the military ever had to confront other
military powers such as Russia or China in a shooting war they certainly don't have LBGTQ in their military & may treat our LBGTQ persons
who become prisoners with less compassion than we would hope for. It's amazing that LBGTQ persons would want to enter the army
anyway except that I read somewhere that the motivation is that the military was paying for the transition

the Trumpist party is actively hostile against LBGTQ. if they're are not ok with that, then they need to correct course.

I don't think this is a tenable position. I don't think anyone is joining just to get free reassignment surgery. I've met a few so far, and my impression has always been no different than anyone else, just wanting to serve for the same reasons as everyone else.

It's the constant requirements of hormones required after the surgery that's the problem. It's not just a one time treatment and then you go on. So what we have is a condition that's more similar to diabetes. What happens when you serve in a combat zone and it's not so easy to get meds over a long period of time?

There is also issues of fairness so far as how you're assessed for physical fitness. A biological male would have a significant advantage taking a PT test on female standards.

Back
Top Bottom