• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court allows border wall spending

ocean515

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Supreme Court allows border wall spending in battle between President Donald Trump and liberal opponents

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court ruled Friday that President Trump can use $2.5 billion in military funding to begin building a portion of his long-sought wall along the nation's southern border​

Doing what the Democrats in the House refuse to do, continued work to deal with the National Emergency on the Southwest Border can continue.

Will the Democrats try to stop the effort to thwart their open borders objectives?

Meanwhile US military personnel are helping transport them across the border. $8,000 for 3 was the latest I heard. Some drug issues as well. I wonder how long its been going on.

960x0.jpg

Last edited:
Trump hasn't even spent funds appropriated by Congress last year for the border. And now Trump robs from funds appropriated for military housing and clinics to build his vanity wall.

It's 2019 already and there's only <50 miles of new [rebuilt] wall on the border. A huge con job on America.

7/2/19
"Since January 2017, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and [CBP] have received funding to support construction of up to 201-205 miles of new border barriers," CBP said in a "border wall status" update dated on June 14. Of those 201-205 miles the Trump administration has received funding for through a combination of appropriations and the Treasury Forfeiture Fund (TFF), however, only 46.7 miles have been built two-and-a-half years into Trump's presidency. Much of the border wall that has been built has been put up in places where construction is replacing "dilapidated designs."
Donald Trump's Border Wall: How Much Of The Barrier Has Actually Been Built—And Will It Ever Be Complete?

Trump hasn't even spent funds appropriated by Congress last year for the border. And now Trump robs from funds appropriated for military housing and clinics to build his vanity wall.

It's 2019 already and there's only <50 miles of new [rebuilt] wall on the border. A huge con job on America.

Donald Trump's Border Wall: How Much Of The Barrier Has Actually Been Built—And Will It Ever Be Complete?

Right, because there haven’t been any lawsuits and stuff to contend with in getting it built.

Let me guess - a 5-4 decision with the Trumpkins joining the other conservatives nodding their bobble heads in blind obedience.

This door of using national emergency orders when the congress won't give us what we want will swing both ways.

Democrats will use national emergency orders for gun control measures, climate change, and all kinds of things.

Republicans will regret this.

That's 50 miles of wall we never would have had if Hillary had gotten elected. That's 50 miles of border that illegal aliens won't be able to cross.

I'd say that's a good thing and more will be better.

This door of using national emergency orders when the congress won't give us what we want will swing both ways.

Democrats will use national emergency orders for gun control measures, climate change, and all kinds of things.

Dems would have done it anyway, but yes, please do go after people’s guns and air conditioners. I still believe most people want to be free to live, for the most part, without government interference.

Don't count on it.

1. You have to get a Dem President first. That's not going to happen for at least six more years.

2. You'll have to get Congress to pass the necessary legislation with national emergency provisions. There are none that'll let you push your gun control or climate change agenda and it's doubtful you get that passed.

3. You'll have to have a Dem President who's smart enough to use the National Emergencies Act for that purpose. Obama wasn't and he's the best progressive Dem President y'all have had.

Face it. Y'all just aren't as smart as Trump.

Do I have to explain to you how that would be unconstitutional?

Reading this headline it hits me anew how much they are our kings.

They wouldn't be if Congress would ****ing act like a legislature.

Supreme Court allows border wall spending in battle between President Donald Trump and liberal opponents

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court ruled Friday that President Trump can use $2.5 billion in military funding to begin building a portion of his long-sought wall along the nation's southern border​

Doing what the Democrats in the House refuse to do, continued work to deal with the National Emergency on the Southwest Border can continue.

Will the Democrats try to stop the effort to thwart their open borders objectives?

Great news from the Supreme court. I have no doubt that the democrats are scheming how they can try to stop any more
construction along our Southern border. They want open borders and free healthcare for the illegal aliens that are violating our
immigration laws everyday! President Trump and his administration are the only reason anything is happening at our Southern border.

Try it...... They will be slapped down by..... you guess it the Supreme Court!!
Anyway Trump will win in 2020 so it will be a while before they could even try.:lamo

But, not "the military" as you tried to imply.

I didn't imply anything. I said US Military personnel. If you inferred I meant the entire military then that is YOUR fault.

I didn't imply anything. I said US Military personnel. If you inferred I meant the entire military then that is YOUR fault.

You're right. You just outright made a false claim.

You're right. You just outright made a false claim.

What false claim? You need to take an English course. Try a local community college. Its worth it.

You said "the military". Words have meanings.

No, I didn't. I said "US Military personnel". Not all US Military personnel. Reading is fundamental.

Try it...... They will be slapped down by..... you guess it the Supreme Court!!
No it won't. Not unless Roberts wants to end up with Democrats adding additional seats to cancel out his majority, should he decide to treat liberal causes differently than conservatives ones.

You can crow and beat your chest all you want, but eventually what goes around comes around.

1. Kudos to the Supreme Court.

2. A shoutout to President Trump for his valiant efforts to make foreigners respect our laws.

3. It warms the cockles of my heart to hear the squeals of protest from the Dems.

4. BUT it will not make any difference: We have passed the point of no return.

a. Our friends from the south will continue to come into the country, legally or illegally, wall or no wall.

b. Even Japan is planning to let in 300,000 legal immigrants, for goodness' sake!

Back
Top Bottom