• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Support Israel!

Gilardino87

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
There is no other country in the world that has bigger challenges then Israel when it comes to fighting terrorism!

The palestinians must take action against these barbarians, and they need to change their view on terror..

The security fence has so far been very sucsessfull and the terror against Israel has dropped dramaticly..The people that critisice Israel for defending themselves are nazis!

They mean that terrorists can kill jews, and that the jews have no right to defend themselves..

Israel has every right to defened there people y not,there are good and
they do there best for there country.

God bless them

mikeey

Gilardino87 said:
There is no other country in the world that has bigger challenges then Israel when it comes to fighting terrorism!

The palestinians must take action against these barbarians, and they need to change their view on terror..

The security fence has so far been very sucsessfull and the terror against Israel has dropped dramaticly..The people that critisice Israel for defending themselves are nazis!

They mean that terrorists can kill jews, and that the jews have no right to defend themselves..

I think that was part of the reason why we invaded Iraq. So that there is no other country in the world that has bigger challenges then America when it comes to fighting terrorism!

Sounds like a great plan.

Gilardino87 said:
The people that critisice Israel for defending themselves are nazis!
[MOD MODE]
And with the tone set, I'll move this to where the lighting and ambience are more fitting. Off to the Basement.
[/MOD MODE]

Gilardino87 said:

What an amusing slip-up. :lol:

Screw Israel and any country that thinks that fighting a religious war is a good idea. If people want to kill each other over mythology, it's just Darwin in action. Good riddance.

A lot of people don't see it as a religious thing, you know. I mean, if it were... God could have at least led Moses to somewhere in the Middle East that had oil. :2razz:

Israel doesn't deliberately kill innocents, unlike the Palestinian suicide bombers. Or are you saying they just happen to spontaneously combust in the middle of crowds?

I'll support the Palestinians as soon as they stop bombing innocent civillians.

I'll support the Palestinians as soon as they stop bombing innocent civillians.

Thats the typical attitude of the close minded. assume that I support the palestinains simply because I don't support Israel. I support neither. They are ****ed up and they have to ge their **** together. Both sides need to work for peace. Both sides refuse to do so. Killing innocent palestinains only helps the cause of the terrorist organizations.

Israel doesn't deliberately kill innocents, unlike the Palestinian suicide bombers. Or are you saying they just happen to spontaneously combust in the middle of crowds?

You fall into the same category. True Israel's don't deliberatly kill innocents unlike the terrorists but they had a choice of using a more precise way to root out terrorists. You will find that most suicide bombers were on some kind of personal vendetta. Perhaps a family member or a friend was killed, their house was blown up etc.

Please don't try and say I'm supporting Palestine. The reason I specifically target Israel is because 1) it is generally assumed that Israel is on the good side while palestine is "evil" while, in actuality, these are both untrue and 2) thats what this thread is about. If you want to make a thread about Palestinian terrorists, go right ahead.

FinnMacCool said:
You fall into the same category. True Israel's don't deliberatly kill innocents unlike the terrorists but they had a choice of using a more precise way to root out terrorists. You will find that most suicide bombers were on some kind of personal vendetta. Perhaps a family member or a friend was killed, their house was blown up etc.

Please don't try and say I'm supporting Palestine. The reason I specifically target Israel is because 1) it is generally assumed that Israel is on the good side while palestine is "evil" while, in actuality, these are both untrue and 2) thats what this thread is about. If you want to make a thread about Palestinian terrorists, go right ahead.

Fin, you hate Jews, we know this. Now be a man and come right out and say it and support your position.

FinnMacCool said:
Thats the typical attitude of the close minded. assume that I support the palestinains simply because I don't support Israel. I support neither. They are ****ed up and they have to ge their **** together. Both sides need to work for peace. Both sides refuse to do so. Killing innocent palestinains only helps the cause of the terrorist organizations.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I made no such assumption. Quite the contrary, it is you who have read way more than justified or intended into a straightforward statement. Let me be even more explicit: I will never support anyone or any organization that deliberately targets civilians. Period. The key word is 'deliberately'. It is my belief, as apparently it is yours, that the Israelis do not deliberately target civilians.

Even so, here is where we agree: "They are ****ed up and they have to ge their **** together. Both sides need to work for peace. Both sides refuse to do so."

The recent movements toward settlement have been the most movement in decades. We now have the best chance in many years for a settlement - as slim as it may be, it is still the best in a long while. Unfortunately, it seems that there are still some organizations/groups who do not want to move forward and would prefer to continue targeting innocents.

BTW, if you take the time and trouble to read a sampling of a few of my other posts, I think you'll find that I'm far from closed minded. Just my own opinion, of course. My die-hard Dem wife accuses me of being otherwise.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I made no such assumption. Quite the contrary, it is you who have read way more than justified or intended into a straightforward statement. Let me be even more explicit: I will never support anyone or any organization that deliberately targets civilians. Period. The key word is 'deliberately'. It is my belief, as apparently it is yours, that the Israelis do not deliberately target civilians.

Even so, here is where we agree: "They are ****ed up and they have to ge their **** together. Both sides need to work for peace. Both sides refuse to do so."

The recent movements toward settlement have been the most movement in decades. We now have the best chance in many years for a settlement - as slim as it may be, it is still the best in a long while. Unfortunately, it seems that there are still some organizations/groups who do not want to move forward and would prefer to continue targeting innocents.

BTW, if you take the time and trouble to read a sampling of a few of my other posts, I think you'll find that I'm far from closed minded. Just my own opinion, of course. My die-hard Dem wife accuses me of being otherwise.

It seems we are in agreement here.

I don't believe that Israel purposely targets civillians but I do hold them responsible. Its clear that these 'targeted assasinations' are not helping so they need to develop a more reliable way of fighting.

It can be understood that the Israelis have suffered a lot but, regardless, they still need to use new methods.

Fin, you hate Jews, we know this. Now be a man and come right out and say it and support your position.
How can I hate jews? My favorite uncle is jewish. I am on nobodys side except the side of peace.

If it were up to me, I'd remove Israel from the face of the planet (maybe sink it to the bottom of the sea) and relocate the Israelies to one side of the planet, and the Palestinians to the other. I'd also stop giving Israel money for God's sake. I know that what happened to the Jewish people durring WW2 was atrocious and I honestly feel horrible for it (even though my father wasn't even born yet when it happened), but that DOESN'T excuse what they are doing now. Most of the Israeli soldiers that are now killing Palestinians were not even born until decades after the holocaust. The are doing to the Plaestinians what was done to them by the Plaestinians not a half a century ago. All terrorism is wrong, whether carried out by a state, supported by a state, or even not connected to a state at all. Fear is something to overcome, not use as a weapon.

teacher said:
And what is it EXACTLY they are doing now?
They're handing out flowers and kisses to the Palestinians, that's why the Plaestinians are resorting to suicide bombings and other forms of terrorism.

Willravel said:
They're handing out flowers and kisses to the Palestinians, that's why the Plaestinians are resorting to suicide bombings and other forms of terrorism.

You're new here aren't you? I suppose you think your reply very witty. I can do wit. For you? Not yet. Let's do it like this. You're in the basement fool. My guess is you are attempting some form of what has come to known here as smack. Damn did you pick the wrong guy. You're new here. I'll be nice. Kind of. Again.

What exactly are the Israelis (and since you're new, no, I'm not Jewish, I'm a Yankee W.A.S.P. thank you) doing that warrent the Palestinians targetting the Jewish children and not a military check point or base.

Willravel. Flowers and kisses. Nice.

Were I an adult that had lost a child to a monster I would spend a long time making those that caused that stone cold friggin dead. I can care less at this point the causes of the Palestinians. The day they stop targetting children is the day I will listen to their grievances. This is not negotiable.

Bring it.

teacher said:
You're new here aren't you? I suppose you think your reply very witty. I can do wit. For you? Not yet. Let's do it like this. You're in the basement fool. My guess is you are attempting some form of what has come to known here as smack. Damn did you pick the wrong guy. You're new here. I'll be nice. Kind of. Again.
No need to hold back. I'd prefer you respond in what way you find the most effective. It makes it easier for me to understand both your points and also what information you have to back your points (it also gives me indications of your personality, which helps me to respond).
teacher said:
What exactly are the Israelis (and since you're new, no, I'm not Jewish, I'm a Yankee W.A.S.P. thank you) doing that warrent the Palestinians targetting the Jewish children and not a military check point or base.

Were I an adult that had lost a child to a monster I would spend a long time making those that caused that stone cold friggin dead. I can care less at this point the causes of the Palestinians. The day they stop targetting children is the day I will listen to their grievances. This is not negotiable.

Bring it.
You don't think Israelies are targeting Palestinian children?! I hope you're joking. In the past 5 years alone, 703 Palestinian children have been murdered by Israelies(that's stone cold friggin dead, if you will). In that same amount of time only 123 Israeli children have been murdered by Palestinians. Keep that in mind as you smugly say, "The day they stop targetting children is the day I will listen to their grievances."

Maybe it is time for the student to tutor the teacher. Israel is an occupying force in Palestine. The Palestinians are living under Israeli military occupation. Israel regularly breaks international law in that they, as an occupying force, are responsible for the protection of the civilian population living under its control, yet they regularly break the Geneva Conventions. The Israeli forces regularly steal Palestinians land, inprison and torture Palestinians without process (including children, which you seemingly seek to defend), place towns under curfew, destroy (with bullets, bombs, missles) Palestinian shops, buisnesses, schools and hospitals, and reguarly shoot, maima and kill Palestinian civilians on the street. To defend themselves, Palestine has nothing. The occupation has destroyed the Palestinian econemy, and they have no way to defend themselves. Plaestine does not have a great army like Israel. They are quite simply at the mercy of Israel. So they do something that I DO NOT CONDONE. They resort to the only feasable defence at their disposal: terror. You should also understand something else. A majority of Palestinians oppose the suicide bombings.

What's facinating to me is that you assumed that because I took a shot at Israel that I am anti-Israel. All that proves is your hatred of Palestinians and their sympathisers. My post was quite even in condeming both parties. I mentioned that what is happening now mirrors what the Plaestinians did to the Israelis once before. Again I say TERRORISM IS WRONG, WHETHER CARRIED OUT BY A STATE, SUPPORTED BY A STATE, OR EVEN NOT CONNECTED TO A STATE AT ALL. Do you understand, or are you still blinded by your hatred and misinformation?

Willravel said:
Israel regularly breaks international law in that they, as an occupying force, are responsible for the protection of the civilian population living under its control, yet they regularly break the Geneva Conventions.

Well, ****, even us Americans can't obey the Geneva Conventions.....so why should anyone else be expected to? :doh

Willravel said:
The Israeli forces regularly steal Palestinians land, inprison and torture Palestinians without process (including children, which you seemingly seek to defend), place towns under curfew, destroy (with bullets, bombs, missles) Palestinian shops, buisnesses, schools and hospitals, and reguarly shoot, maima and kill Palestinian civilians on the street.
What exactly is regularly? Yearly? Monthly? Weekly? Daily? Hourly? Nonstop? Can you plz supply citations that support your nondefined indictment of 'regularity'?

Perhaps you didn't notice Will, but Israel withdrew totally from Gaza this past August and transfered control of the Gaza border to the PA in November. Seems to me that Israel has indeed made recent unilateral peaceful overtures without a concomitant response from Abbas & Co.

As far as the military occupation, only only one sector of Samaria/Judea (the West Bank) remains under total Israeli control. The remaining two sectors are under the joint administrative control of both Israel and the PA. Perhaps you should brush up a bit on current events rather than dredge through fifty years of conflict history that cannot be rehabilitated. Also, brush up on the military tactics used extensively around the globe vis-a-vis military occupation. This isn't the multifaceted Tilted Forum Project Will, so it would behoove you to improve your presentation style and evidentiary content.

Willravel said:
The are doing to the Plaestinians what was done to them by the Plaestinians not a half a century ago.

I think you meant Nazis.

And BULLS*IT!

Back
Top Bottom