• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Support for Abbott plunging in Texas: poll

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

I guess that's what happens when you start killing off your supporters.

McConaughey ahead by 9 points? Though supposedly an "aggressive centrist", he's a good friend and political ally of Abbott. Beto 5 pts behind Abbott. Still looks like TX policies are hard right.

McConaughey ahead by 9 points? Though supposedly an "aggressive centrist", he's a good friend and political ally of Abbott. Beto 5 pts behind Abbott. Still looks like TX policies are hard right.
it's why i think beto is the favorite to win the primary. McConaughey is their best chance, but i don't think dems are in the mood for a guy like that. There's actually a growing sect of dems who think Nancy Pelosi isn't far-left enough.

If he ran in 2014 or 2010, he might have actually had a better chance.

Would love to see both Abbott and DeSantis lose in 2022 but I think it's unlikely for Abbott, DeSantis I think is in more danger. Neither of them deserves to be Governor given their callous disregard for their constituent's health and lives. Abbott has ticked off a lot of Texans,he is likely calculating on his repressive voting laws to get him through but voters may be ticked off enough to stand hours in those long lines just to get get rid of him.

Would love to see both Abbott and DeSantis lose in 2022 but I think it's unlikely for Abbott, DeSantis I think is in more danger. Neither of them deserves to be Governor given their callous disregard for their constituent's health and lives.
They're 'constituents' voted for it, and we voted for it because we saw what ya'll were doing in michigan and new york and many democrat states.

They're 'constituents' voted for it, and we voted for it because we saw what ya'll were doing in michigan and new york and many democrat states.
The Govenors " constituents" are all the citizens of Texas not just the Republicans......as he will find out cone 2022.

That would be pretty sweet if Abbot could get a Lt Gov named "Costello"

(y) 😂 :p

His own Lt Gov set the tone earthly on:

“there are more important things than living.”

The Govenors " constituents" are all the citizens of Texas not just the Republicans......as he will find out cone 2022.
oh, yes, i'm sure. When he's reelected, he'll find out REAL hard. :rolleyes:

Would love to see both Abbott and DeSantis lose in 2022 but I think it's unlikely for Abbott, DeSantis I think is in more danger. Neither of them deserves to be Governor given their callous disregard for their constituent's health and lives. Abbott has ticked off a lot of Texans,he is likely calculating on his repressive voting laws to get him through but voters may be ticked off enough to stand hours in those long lines just to get get rid of him.
We need video montages of training to jump.through all the hoops the TRCs are putting in front of voters. Maybe a dance and a song.

(TRC = Talk Radio Conservative. We need a term to distinguish between them and normal conservatives.)

We need a term to distinguish between them and normal conservatives.
Agree, which is why I call Trump supporters Trumpers instead of conservative or Republican even though they are all three. I truly don't mean it in a derogatory manner. It is just to differentiate them from mainstream, true conservatives.

Agree, which is why I call Trump supporters Trumpers instead of conservative or Republican even though they are all three. I truly don't mean it in a derogatory manner. It is just to differentiate them from mainstream, true conservatives.
It's weird to defend traditional conservatives we used to rail against, huh?

it's why i think beto is the favorite to win the primary. McConaughey is their best chance, but i don't think dems are in the mood for a guy like that. There's actually a growing sect of dems who think Nancy Pelosi isn't far-left enough.

If he ran in 2014 or 2010, he might have actually had a better chance.

I don't think McConaughey would survive a primary against Beto. Hence, I don't McConaughey will run as a Dem. As an Ind, I don't think he'd take votes away from the Rabid Right as much as from the left, and would thus be a spoiler to Beto. But I don't think McConaughey will run, IMO, anyway.

To me, it isn't a matter of Pelosi not being far-left enough. It's a matter of her not being an active Democrat, along with, pretty much, the rest of the Dems. If she just represented what she pretends by actually pushing the message and taking representative action, I'd be her supporter instead of being an inside detractor as I am with most of Dems.

Governor Hot Wheels lost a lot of conservative support when he ordered the Covid shutdown and mask mandate. He's been trying really hard to get his conservative cred back since then.

It would be great if O'Rourke did away with Abbott.

The man is a menace.

I can't see Texas electing a Democrat for governor there yet. The party infrastructure there for the DNC just isn't that strong. I would suspect the abortion bill hurt him a lot. People don't like the idea of the government paying people bounties to inform on their fellow citizens.

We need video montages of training to jump.through all the hoops the TRCs are putting in front of voters. Maybe a dance and a song.

(TRC = Talk Radio Conservative. We need a term to distinguish between them and normal conservatives.)

Indeed, there are big differences between conservatives and (far-)righties.

Yeah...............BUT Joe Biden!

Indeed, there are big differences between conservatives and (far-)righties.
I have to wonder if the level headed republicans are getting as sick and tired of their "Trumpkins" as much as the level headed democrats are getting sick and tired and frustrated with their uber-leftwing progressives?

I think each party is cursed with their own screaming babies strapped in the back car seat.

Back
Top Bottom