• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Super Efficient Crew Builds 15-Story Chinese Hotel In Just SIX DAYS

Solace

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Chinese workers built a 15 story hotel in only 6 days. This is an incredible feat. Here's a video of them constructing it:

YouTube - Ark Hotel Construction time lapse building 15 storeys in 2 days

Behold China's real estate boom, in time-lapse! It took just six days to build the Ark Hotel in Changsha. According to the video, no stationary cranes were used in construction and there wasn't single injury among the site's workers. Hat tip to Good

The finished building stood 15 stories and used prefabricated columns (the foundation was apparently already built). Better yet, because the building's parts were factory-built waste was minimized.

Read more: Super Efficient Crew Builds 15-Story Chinese Hotel In Just SIX DAYS (VIDEO)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Chinese hotel built in 6 days

Wow that is a incredible feet, and wow the you tube comments have become so predictable it laughable.

:thumbs: That's pretty bloody impressive.

Chinese workers built a 15 story hotel in only 6 days. This is an incredible feat. Here's a video of them constructing it:

I am sure anything can be put up quickly if most of the parts were prefabricated in a factory somewhere else days or even months before the construction began. It would like putting together a lego house or a model kit. Every now and then they show something like this on the home improvement shows where pieces to a home are first made in a factory and then taken to the site to be pieced together.

Bloody impressive.

Cheap Labour.

It gets **** done :2razz:

Bloody impressive.

Cheap Labour.

It gets **** done :2razz:
You ought to see how fast **** gets built around here. Those Mexicans can build a house in an afternoon.

You ought to see how fast **** gets built around here. Those Mexicans can build a house in an afternoon.

I will second this. Mexican carpenters can frame a 6,000 square-foot home before afternoon rush hour.

I will second this. Mexican carpenters can frame a 6,000 square-foot home before afternoon rush hour.
And that's even with a break in the afternoon when the taco truck comes rollin' by. It's friggen' amazing ...

Yep, and Manuel and his crew work 10 hours a day, including weekends and Christmas, rain or shine if possible.
Damn straight.

Say what you want about how they got here, but you can't question their work ethic.

Easy to do if you have the following.

1. Enough cheap workers
2. No regulations to follow at all
3. No standards to follow.

Lets just say.. I would not want to be in that building during some sort of crisis.. fire, earthquake and so on.

Damn straight.

Say what you want about how they got here, but you can't question their work ethic.

Problem is, for every Manuel who's here to help his family, there's another trying to smuggle drugs, guns, or young girls as sex slaves.

And many of the laborers go through the proper channels. It's not that hard if they just take the time to do it properly.

1. Enough cheap workers

Lets just say.. I would not want to be in that building during some sort of crisis.. fire, earthquake and so on.

and plenty of drywall on hand. ;-)

1. Enough cheap workers

Feel free to link to the site where it shows the average salaries of the workers. Also, I'd like a link to the chinese government site which shows there are no construction regulations or ordinances or standards to follow. Thanks.

Feel free to link to the site where it shows the average salaries of the workers. Also, I'd like a link to the chinese government site which shows there are no construction regulations or ordinances or standards to follow. Thanks.
FWIW, there are standards, but greasing the right palms can go a long way to bypassing those standards.

The flip side is that, should the building have a major design or workmanship flaw that results in loss of life, the owner of the construction company is liable to be executed.

Where did I say there was no construction regulations or ordinances or standards by the Chinese government? No where..

What I did state is that the chances that they were followed were not very high.. Chances are that if they had inspectors on hand , that those inspectors were most likely bribed to give the okay... no freaking way that any construction gets built up to standard and perfect on the first try. Hell with that pace, I would wonder if the bloody concrete was even dry before the next floor went up.

As for the average salaries.. they are way lower than most places.. so that is a no brainer.

FWIW, there are standards, but greasing the right palms can go a long way to bypassing those standards.

The flip side is that, should the building have a major design or workmanship flaw that results in loss of life, the owner of the construction company is liable to be executed.

Yea, but he has to be very unlucky if there is a major disaster in the near future, and in the mean time he has pocket a big profit and maybe even left the country. So what if people die.. profit > life of people!

Yea, but he has to be very unlucky if there is a major disaster in the near future, and in the mean time he has pocket a big profit and maybe even left the country. So what if people die.. profit > life of people!
This is true. A lot of that profit sits in US banks, from what I hear. Bigwigs send their kids over to study and they funnel the money in with them.

Anyway, life is pretty cheap in China. :shrug:

1. Enough cheap workers

While I agree with you about those three things I do not think you are taking into account that a lot of that stuff like the walls,ceilings, floors and other things were were all pre-made in factories weeks and possibly months to a year ago in multiple factories. Those construction workers were basically putting together a Lego set or model kit on steroids.

If it was pre-fab construction, then it's a fiction that it was built in six days.

The incredible part, is going to be, if this thrown-together-in-a-hurry piece-a-crap survives the first severe thunderstorm.

I saw some Mexicans frame a house in record time, too. They put one nail per fastening joint. And that ain't no ****, neither.

Back
Top Bottom