• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Super Bowl - missing humility

pragmatic

"Pawn in game of life"
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Was phenomenal game. Baltimore was my pick and was happy about the outcome.

But the trophy award ceremony was disappointing. San Francisco made an incredible comeback. They were at the 7 yard line near the 2:00 minute warning and a touchdown would have given them the lead and likely win. Didn't happen so the Ravens got the win. Such is life.

But no one on the awards podium acknowledged that or gave them (the 49ers) any credit at all. Not the Baltimore owner. Not the Ravens head coach Harbaugh. Not Ray Lewis.

The outcome of the game boiled down to one set of downs at the Ravens goal line. Thought it was a little sad that Baltimore wasn't a bit more humble.

Anybody else pick that up...??

I'll agree in principle.

But in the end regardless of the comeback by the 49ers.

If one were to look objectively, the 49ers lost rather than the Ravens winning.

The 49ers comeback, amazing as it was does not negate how badly they choked in the first couple of periods, so as much as I love sportsmanship I won't fault the Ravens too much.

But the trophy award ceremony was disappointing. San Francisco made an incredible comeback. They were at the 7 yard line near the 2:00 minute warning and a touchdown would have given them the lead and likely win. Didn't happen so the Ravens got the win. Such is life.

But no one on the awards podium acknowledged that or gave them (the 49ers) any credit at all. Not the Baltimore owner. Not the Ravens head coach Harbaugh. Not Ray Lewis.

The outcome of the game boiled down to one set of downs at the Ravens goal line. Thought it was a little sad that Baltimore wasn't a bit more humble.

I disagree, humbleness is overrated.

Victoriam mere.

The players and coaches aren't expected to do such things when they are celebrating, you don't see hockey players doing that when they win the Cup, and they are by far the most down to Earth of the pro sports players, no harm, no foul.

You expected the Raven's head coach to unnecessarily add to the mystique of the bowl? He gave succinct answers about his brother to the media, and no more.

SF sucks, big surprise.

Yep I did.... saw most of it between naps (was in the middle of the night here).

Most of that will happen Monday. Sunday night is for celebrating.

I didn't watch the ceremony. I find that a little odd, because usually they will say a few words about their opponents, such as they played a good game and blah, blah, blah. I don't really think it's that big a deal though. They were probably just excited about winning the BIG game.

I didn't watch the ceremony. I find that a little odd, because usually they will say a few words about their opponents, such as they played a good game and blah, blah, blah. I don't really think it's that big a deal though. They were probably just excited about winning the BIG game.

Yeah. Read the after game coverage in the paper this morning. The Ravens (and especially the winning Harbaugh) heaped major portions of praise on the 49ers. Including the "almost" comeback.

You guys are right. I was wrong.

(Humbly hangs head in shame...:3oops:)

Yeah. Read the after game coverage in the paper this morning. The Ravens (and especially the winning Harbaugh) heaped major portions of praise on the 49ers. Including the "almost" comeback.

You guys are right. I was wrong.

(Humbly hangs head in shame...:3oops:)

Nothing to feel shamefully about. At least you didn't make a big deal out of it like was made when Peyton didn't congratulate Brees the night the Saints won. That was stupid as ****.

I had a really hard time getting into this game. I picked Baltimore to win but hoped the 49ers would pull it out. Got distracted during the power outage and flipped it back to the game just in time to see the failed "last stand" by the 9ers.

The whole game was hyped up around Ray Lewis. I think whoever had won, the focus would have been him.

1_465413.jpg

529603_544522762234185_204887161_n.jpgI'm just glad the 49ers are still trying alone with them Cowboys to catch up with my Steelers 6 x Super Bowl Champions. Congratulations Baltimore Ravens. :peace

Naw, the 49ers went into the game to cocky plus the coach was throwing temper tantrums during the whole game.

Back
Top Bottom