• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sunny Hostin: 'I feel like a hostage' to assault rifle owners

Evidence of something not being there ?

Hmmmm

Do you have evidence that a chocolate teapot is not orbiting the Sun ?
The difference being he is not claiming something exists without any proof. That’s all you.

Pfffft. I'm training a squad of psychopaths. They're in Congress just now, but once their training is complete...

Absolutely, nothing demonstrated this more than the Jan 2020 demonstration in Richmond, Va where perhaps 10,000 gun owners terrorized a small town's residents

And the Jan 6th insurrection riot when (admittedly unarmed but many in the same kind of military clothing) the RW tried to usurp the lawfully elected government.

Was it assault clothing?

So you need pictures of the city, on that day, with no local residents in them - is that the kind of proof that you need

You made a positive claim that the citizens who weren't involved in the protests fled in terror. Fortunately, when an entire city - or even a large part of it - tries to flee, it has a pretty big signature. Not only do you actually see the people leaving, but they congest roadways, create traffic jams, swamp hotels and restaurants along their path, blog about their experience online, take pictures of the crowds and post them to social media, etc. All of these are constantly scoured by the networks, half or more of whom would have loved to have carried this story. If you were correct (and it seems tragically obvious you just made this up), you could use commercial telemetry data, traffic data, local police force records, tagged and dated social media inputs, or more mainstream media that would have jumped all over this....

....but you can't. Because you made it up. That's why you can't even tell us why you think that happened.

She is 100% right. the majority of these assault-rifle owners are not putting "country first." They are putting their own perverted self-interest ahead of what is best for the country.
her delusion is her business I would suggest she should get some help for it but be on that nobody should care.

People are not being held hostage by gun owners that's just something in ignoramus would say when they have no valid argument left.

Freedom is not the ability to own these killing weapons. That is not what freedom is all about.
Yes it is if people owning firearms scares you you have a phobia.

You trying to make your phobia the rest of the world's problem is not what freedom is.

Yes. We need to model modern civil societies on war zones.
it's better than modeling it after insane people who think every gun owner is out to get them.

If she feels like she's being held hostage by all gun owners, she is suffering from paranoid delusions.
There, everybody is armed and so can feel safe, because they are all finally equally empowered to defend themselves. An armed society is, after all, a polite society. And everyone is polite in a war zone.
your fear is unfounded gun ownership isn't a war zone.

Why not do something about murdering people?

You do something about traffic accidents by placing limits, laws, and regulations on transportation vehicles that cause them. Why not do the same with murders?

You do something about traffic accidents by placing limits, laws, and regulations on transportation vehicles that cause them. Why not do the same with murders?
We do it's actually expressly forbidden by law expressly to commit murder, it holds some of the harshest penalties.

Did you really think murder was legal?

We do it's actually expressly forbidden by law expressly to commit murder, it holds some of the harshest penalties.

Did you really think murder was legal?

No not at all. That’s why I advocate for getting rid of all traffic laws. So redundant.

She is 100% right. the majority of these assault-rifle owners are not putting "country first." They are putting their own perverted self-interest ahead of what is best for the country.
Assault rifles are magazine fed select fire automatic rifles that fire an intermediate sized cartridge. You know the type of guns where you hold down the trigger and the gun keeps firing. These guns have been extremely hard to own since the mid 1980s. The woman is clearly a moron who doesn't know what she is talking about or she is pretending that she is hysterical for her audience. Most likely she is talking about semiautomatic rifles which have been around for over a hundred years.

Freedom is not the ability to own these killing weapons. That is not what freedom is all about.
Actually it is see the 2nd amendment.

Yes but I think you can say she didn't mean "assault rifles" exclusively, but rather the much mentioned (though incorrect) term "assault type weapons".

Horse shit. Anti-2nd amendment trash all the time use the terms assault weapon and assault rifle synonymously. Because they are trying to tell people that semiautomatic rifles are weapons of war.

Why not do something about murdering people?

Based on science, empirical evidence history, it is pretty much a given if you create strict gun laws, gun violence will go down.

I didn't realize it was even debatable.

Based on science, empirical evidence history, it is pretty much a given if you create strict gun laws, gun violence will go down.

What empirical evidence? Countries that already had low amount of murders before enacting draconian gun control laws and no significant change after those draconian gun control laws were enacted?

I don't think so!

Chicago lawmakers outlawed the sale and possession of handguns in 1982, and the ban remained in place for nearly three decades

Chicago ranked 14th among cities with at least 100,000 people in 2017. FBI statistics released this fall found St. Louis had the highest murder rate in 2017 — 66.1 homicides per 100,000 people. The Pew report said Chicago did have the highest actual number of homicides in the past few years. In 2016, there were 762 homicides. Last year, homicides dropped to 650. As of Dec. 6, there were 534.

New york city.

Want a gun. Forget about it.

Homicide rate

She's a clown. I can see why you like her.

No she's not, she is a very intelligent woman who I respect very much.

I disagree with her on this matter but I still respect her right to her opinion.

She is the most level headed of all the cast on the view.

I like Megan as well but she has issues with controlling her temper and at times comes off a bit whiney thinking she is the only conservative female on TV and everyone is against her...

What empirical evidence? Countries that already had low amount of murders before enacting draconian gun control laws and no significant change after those draconian gun control laws were enacted?

Do you mean like Japan?

No she's not, she is a very intelligent woman who I respect very much.

I disagree with her on this matter but I still respect her right to her opinion.

She is the most level headed of all the cast on the view.

I like Megan as well but she has issues with controlling her temper and at times comes off a bit whiney thinking she is the only conservative female on TV and everyone is against her...
Anyone who thinks she is a hostage due to other people owning an inanimate object is not that bright.

Anyone who thinks she is a hostage due to other people owning an inanimate object is not that bright.
Not true, it is easy to for intelligent people to believe in fiction.

For instance many intelligent people believe in one religion or another, the facts be damned...

Not true, it is easy to for intelligent people to believe in fiction.

For instance many intelligent people believe in one religion or another, the facts be damned...
We will just have to agree to disagree here.

Back
Top Bottom