• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sunny Hostin: 'I feel like a hostage' to assault rifle owners

Sigh***

Once more:

To significantly reduce the number of shootings generally and reduce the number of mass shootings in particular.
You have not proposed anything that would do that except for repealing the second amendment.

No significant gun control is possible until / unless the 2ns Amendment is repealed.
Yep. As I said, you better get started on the Constitutional Amendment first. The last one took 202 years.

You have not proposed anything that would do that except for repealing the second amendment.

Yes I have - countless times

1. Ban ALL guns

2. Give the national executive the power to exempt any gun, by listing the make/model number

3. Type of guns for which make/model number is exempted would be:
a. Muzzle loaders
b. Bolt action with internal magazine
c. Shotguns with capacity of no more than 3
d. "Classic" guns made before 1946.

Yes I have - countless times

1. Ban ALL guns

2. Give the national executive the power to exempt any gun, by listing the make/model number

3. Type of guns for which make/model number is exempted would be:
a. Muzzle loaders
b. Bolt action with internal magazine
c. Shotguns with capacity of no more than 3
d. "Classic" guns made before 1946.
What makes you think "the national executive"- given the power to exempt any gun- will concede to your wishes on exemptions?

So are you saying the 27th Amendment was first mooted in the 18th century and was only passed after 202 years of debate ?

Sigh***

Once more:

To significantly reduce the number of shootings generally and reduce the number of mass shootings in particular.
how many mass shootings are there and how many people die from them? you claim that you push gun bans not for the purpose of decreasing crime. Your motivations are of dubious validity it appears

What makes you think "the national executive"- given the power to exempt any gun- will concede to your wishes on exemptions?
He wants all guns to be banned and then pretends that the president who just signed that gun ban might exempt a few. Its like many things =you give people certain powers and when you have no recourse to modify what they do, you won't see them unban anything. Its a dishonest and ridiculous law he wants

LMAO...the cure to too many shootings is more guns.

SMH

So ust take the recent shootings in Boulder and Atlanta, who do you suggest should be armed ?
Business owners and supermarket workers and patrons.

Just one right.

If a constitutional amendment was passed guaranteeing citizens the right to have all firearms banned, would you then work towards taking our rights away ?
Citizens do have the right to ban all firearms, in their own homes.

how many mass shootings are there and how many people die from them?

WAAAAAY too many on both counts

you claim that you push gun bans not for the purpose of decreasing crime. Your motivations are of dubious validity it appears

Explain how reducing shootings, especially mass shootings, is of "dubious validity".

Business owners and supermarket workers and patrons.

Arm the check out girls
Let them be our "secret service" LOL

Excuse me, but wasn't the Boulder shooter a supermarket patron ?

Citizens do have the right to ban all firearms, in their own homes.

Or businesses - like supermarkets ?

Arm the check out girls
Let them be our "secret service" LOL
If they're qualified to carry, sure.

You ought to check out the restaurant Shooter's Grill, the waitresses all carry. Its located, interestingly enough, in the town of Rifle CO.

Excuse me, but wasn't the Boulder shooter a supermarket patron ?
What I meant was, good armed patrons.

Or businesses - like supermarkets ?
If they would wise up and either have armed security on staff or allow customers to carry, or both, it would stop bad stuff from happening, such as shootings.

If they're qualified to carry, sure...

Aside from there's no qualification (unless you're talking about the amount of training time needed for a CCW in some states), I'm not sure I want guns in a supermarket period

You ought to check out the restaurant Shooter's Grill, the waitresses all carry. Its located, interestingly enough, in the town of Rifle CO.

Interesting - a non-alcoholic restaurant I hope
I used to like the Tilted Kilt here in Atlanta - great gimmick with the staff barely dressed

I wonder if the staff there fire a few rounds out back so their guns emit that sexy cordite smell...

What I meant was, good armed patrons.

And there's the rub, how do you tell ?
Best keep supermarkets as gun free zones

If they would wise up and either have armed security on staff or allow customers to carry, or both, it would stop bad stuff from happening, such as shootings.

A gun ban would be better
Allowing customers in with guns is a bad idea
Armed security might be a bad idea too - remember the school resources police officer at Parkland? The one time he was called on to end an active shooter situation, he lost his nerve and did nothing.

WAAAAAY too many on both counts

Explain how reducing shootings, especially mass shootings, is of "dubious validity".
you want to rape the rights of over 80 million people to pretend you will stop things that are mainly perpetrated by people who don't care about dying and which cause very little harm in the USA yearly

She is 100% right. the majority of these assault-rifle owners are not putting "country first." They are putting their own perverted self-interest ahead of what is best for the country.

Freedom is not the ability to own these killing weapons. That is not what freedom is all about.
Well, until she has actually been made a hostage to an assault rifle owner, no ones Right have been abridged, but should she actually be made hostage to anyone including an assault rifle owner, I would fully support taking that individuals assault rifle, or any other weapon away from them by whatever means found necessary.
What's truly best for the country, any country for that matter, is to eliminate the actual criminal element.

Well the vast majority of assault-rifle owners are soldiers since typically its only soldiers who have access to such weapons, I wouldn't say soldiers put their self-interests ahead of what's best for their country, its the other way around. Soldiers make tremendous sacrifices so that we can have a country.
The government is actually the owner, not the soldier. The soldier is merely issued a rifle, like any other piece of equipment. If the soldier loses or damages their equipment they could be held financially accountable, but the government still remains the actual owner of the equipment. The only thing the soldier can call their own is their basic government issue uniform (which officers have to buy anyway). Everything else is returned back to the government upon separation of service.

So are you saying the 27th Amendment was first mooted in the 18th century and was only passed after 202 years of debate ?
yep

In which post# ?
And what does your link say ?
Follow it back. The Amendment was one of twelve originally proposed. Ten of them were adopted as what we now call the Bill of Rights. Two weren't adopted. It took 202 years for the 27th Amendment to be ratified and made part of our Constitution.

Follow it back. The Amendment was one of twelve originally proposed. Ten of them were adopted as what we now call the Bill of Rights. Two weren't adopted. It took 202 years for the 27th Amendment to be ratified and made part of our Constitution.

So another mythical "it's all there back in the thread, somewhere" response.

Back
Top Bottom