• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sunny Hostin: 'I feel like a hostage' to assault rifle owners

How about you take about 5-7 seconds and follow the arrow? The same amount of time to reply to mine. Actually that probably took you a lot longer.

5-7 seconds seems to be too long a period for you. I'm not your momma, you have to do your own homework...

If a constitutional amendment was passed guaranteeing citizens the right to have all firearms banned, would you then work towards taking our rights away ?
Citizens already do have that right. A citizen has the right to ban themself from owning and using all firearms.

Aside from there's no qualification (unless you're talking about the amount of training time needed for a CCW in some states), I'm not sure I want guns in a supermarket period
Qualifications vary from state to state. As for not wanting guns in supermarkets, when you open your own supermarket you can ban guns in it.

Interesting - a non-alcoholic restaurant I hope
I used to like the Tilted Kilt here in Atlanta - great gimmick with the staff barely dressed

I wonder if the staff there fire a few rounds out back so their guns emit that sexy cordite smell...
They don't serve alcohol and when I was there I didn't see them firing any rounds out back. If you want a restaurant where the staff is barely dressed that would be Hooters, Im not a big fan of Hooters but here is the site for Shooter's Grill.

And there's the rub, how do you tell ?
Best keep supermarkets as gun free zones
A gun ban would be better
Allowing customers in with guns is a bad idea
Armed security might be a bad idea too - remember the school resources police officer at Parkland? The one time he was called on to end an active shooter situation, he lost his nerve and did nothing.
The officer in Parkland was a coward who didn't do his job but one bad apple doesn't mean all people who work in armed security are bad at their job.
A gun ban is all fine and dandy until a criminal who decides to ignore the ban comes in with a gun.
If you don't want customers to carry guns and if you want supermarkets to be gun free zones as I said, when you open your own supermarket you can have it that way.

Qualifications vary from state to state. As for not wanting guns in supermarkets, when you open your own supermarket you can ban guns in it.

And so we have 50 standards...varying from zero training to barely any.
Let me ask you, what the failure rate on those course of varying standards ?

They don't serve alcohol and when I was there I didn't see them firing any rounds out back. If you want a restaurant where the staff is barely dressed that would be Hooters, Im not a big fan of Hooters but here is the site for Shooter's Grill.

Hooters is an awful place...I went there once in Atlanta and won't ever go back. The "Breataurant" niche appears to be in decline)

The officer in Parkland was a coward who didn't do his job but one bad apple doesn't mean all people who work in armed security are bad at their job.
A gun ban is all fine and dandy until a criminal who decides to ignore the ban comes in with a gun.
If you don't want customers to carry guns and if you want supermarkets to be gun free zones as I said, when you open your own supermarket you can have it that way.

Yes he was, but don't forget there's a Supreme Court ruling that states a law enforcement doesn't have a duty to come to anyone's aid
Point I'm making is that you can't rely on guards

A gun ban does present a deterrent to gun owners...bear in mind also, that many gun homicides are "hot blooded" and are not pre-planned at all

I want supermarkets to be gun free zones and the supermarkets around me, generally are
I'm not sure but I think all Wal-Mart stores are

Both places I've worked at (non-supermarkets) have been gun free zones too.

Citizens already do have that right. A citizen has the right to ban themself from owning and using all firearms.

How is that living in a gun free zone, when the man next to you at a check out might be carrying.

And so we have 50 standards...varying from zero training to barely any.
Let me ask you, what the failure rate on those course of varying standards ?

Hooters is an awful place...I went there once in Atlanta and won't ever go back. The "Breataurant" niche appears to be in decline)

Yes he was, but don't forget there's a Supreme Court ruling that states a law enforcement doesn't have a duty to come to anyone's aid
Point I'm making is that you can't rely on guards

A gun ban does present a deterrent to gun owners...bear in mind also, that many gun homicides are "hot blooded" and are not pre-planned at all

I want supermarkets to be gun free zones and the supermarkets around me, generally are
I'm not sure but I think all Wal-Mart stores are

Both places I've worked at (non-supermarkets) have been gun free zones too.

How is that living in a gun free zone, when the man next to you at a check out might be carrying.
we really don't care about your fear of others owning guns. As one poster noted, if you want a gun free supermarket-open one. I fully support your right to demand no one bring in guns. I won't shop at your store because I will respect your desires as to your property

we really don't care about your fear of others owning guns. As one poster noted, if you want a gun free supermarket-open one. I fully support your right to demand no one bring in guns. I won't shop at your store because I will respect your desires as to your property

How many people developed a blood clot with the J&J vaccine for it to be pulled ?

I can go to a gun free supermarket already - it's call Wal-Mart.

Back
Top Bottom