• Please keep all posts on the Rittenhouse verdict here: Rittenhouse Verdict. Note the moderator warnings in the thread. The thread will be heavily moderated with a zero tolerance policy for any baiting, flaming, trolling or other rule breaks. Stick to the topic and not the other posters. Thank you.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sumter candidate for mayor stages kidnapping and beating to garner sympathy votes, police say

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

jotathought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Sumter, SC (FOX Carolina) - Police in Sumter, SC have arrested two people, one of them a candidate for mayor, after they say the duo staged a kidnapping and beating in order to garner publicity, sympathy and votes in the November election.

Sumter candidate for mayor stages kidnapping and beating to garner sympathy votes, police say | News | foxcarolina.com

Well......I cant speak to the intelligence of the plan, but it is certainly going into the books as memorable. :coffeepap

Using the Jesse Smollett playbook I see.

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
When I read the OP, I instinctively made a guess.

When I clicked on the article, my guess was confirmed.

Mr Person

A Little Bitter
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Oopsie daisy

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
total friggin idiots.

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Sumter, SC (FOX Carolina) - Police in Sumter, SC have arrested two people, one of them a candidate for mayor, after they say the duo staged a kidnapping and beating in order to garner publicity, sympathy and votes in the November election.

Sumter candidate for mayor stages kidnapping and beating to garner sympathy votes, police say | News | foxcarolina.com

Well......I cant speak to the intelligence of the plan, but it is certainly going into the books as memorable. :coffeepap

I'm surprised they didn't throw in a "They yelled 'This is MAGA Country!'" in for seasoning.

Kreton

Doesn't know
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I can't quite remember what the name of it was but wasn't there a stupid comedy in the 80's or 90's where this was the plot?

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

Democrats will do anything to cheat in an election.

Top Bottom