• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Summer Salad Pie

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
recipe.png

Mid-Century Menu Contest Finalist #1 – Summer Salad Pie - The Mid-Century Menu

Just looked this over with Yes Ma'am, and we both said "Hmmm, sounds like it may be good."

Just reading on it I would advise doing a NON sweet gelatin. I read the reviews on this and the sweetness distracts from the rest of the pie. Think tuna salad on a cheese cracker with ketchup.

Just looked this over with Yes Ma'am, and we both said "Hmmm, sounds like it may be good."

Ugh! It sounded gross to me, and I eat just about everything

It's a cheese crust pie with a cocktail sauce jello filling and tuna fish salad frosting

That salad isn't a vegan dish. It has gelatin, cheese, tuna....

That salad isn't a vegan dish. It has gelatin, cheese, tuna....

There are substitutes for those things though. girl at work had me try some vegan version of cheese which actually was pretty decent. there is a vegan jel and I'm sure there is something they can substitute for tuna.

Regarding the salad it does not sound good to me though. lemon gelatin and tomato sauce.. together? weird.

It's a cheese crust pie with a cocktail sauce jello filling and tuna fish salad frosting

Sounds disgusting.

1940's, 1950's, and 1960's food is pretty... interesting. Too much obsession with gelatin and overly processed foods. Miracle whip, margarine, Velveeta/American cheese, cool-aid, cool whip, McDonald's, etc --they are all awful. (Well, I can deal with Cool-Aid). Fake food in place of real food because it was cheaper --and therefore "better." That logic makes sense during WWII and the Depression, but as soon as I got out of that bull****, I would never that garbage again. But my grandparents and parents love a lot of that crap. Ugh...

1940's, 1950's, and 1960's food is pretty... interesting. Too much obsession with gelatin and overly processed foods. Miracle whip, margarine, Velveeta/American cheese, cool-aid, cool whip, McDonald's, etc --they are all awful. (Well, I can deal with Cool-Aid). Fake food in place of real food because it was cheaper --and therefore "better." That logic makes sense during WWII and the Depression, but as soon as I got out of that bull****, I would never that garbage again. But my grandparents and parents love a lot of that crap. Ugh...

there are some funny recipes out there from that era. I posted it for a little humor

I posted it for a little humor

I'm glad I soldiered on to this attempt to get out of the implications of encouraging anyone to create such a thoroughly disgusting-sounding food product explanation for your intent in posting. Whew!

Back
Top Bottom