• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Suit Filed Against Rep. Madison Cawthorn For Violating 14th Amendment

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
(y)Thanks goes out to the 11 NC 'patriotic' voters who filled this lawsuit against the 1/6 insurrection coordinator listed in it. May this lawsuit be a trendsetter of many more lawsuits against those who violate the 14th Amendment for the same reason that Rep Cawthorn did. Now, continue to do your job 1/6 Committee.

1641840113539.png
A group of 11 North Carolina voters filed a legal challenge to disqualify Rep. Madison Cawthorn from running for a second term, arguing his involvement in a rally preceding the Jan. 6, 2021, riot on Capitol Hill constitutionally bars him from waging another campaign.

Lawyers for the 11 voters filed the suit to the State Board of Elections, contending that Cawthorn's comments in the speech shortly preceding the insurrection violate the 14th Amendment, which states in part that no person "who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress ... to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same."

"As set forth in our complaint, the publicly available evidence, including Representative Cawthorn's own statements and reports that he or his office coordinated with the January 6 organizers, establish reasonable suspicion that Representative Cawthorn aided the insurrection, thereby disqualifying him from federal office. We look forward to asking him about his involvement under oath," said Ron Fein, legal director of Free Speech For People.

(y)Thanks goes out to the 11 NC 'patriotic' voters who filled this lawsuit against the 1/6 insurrection coordinator listed in it. May this lawsuit be a trendsetter of many more lawsuits against those who violate the 14th Amendment for the same reason that Rep Cawthorn did. Now, continue to do your job 1/6 Committee.

View attachment 67368465
A group of 11 North Carolina voters filed a legal challenge to disqualify Rep. Madison Cawthorn from running for a second term, arguing his involvement in a rally preceding the Jan. 6, 2021, riot on Capitol Hill constitutionally bars him from waging another campaign.

Lawyers for the 11 voters filed the suit to the State Board of Elections, contending that Cawthorn's comments in the speech shortly preceding the insurrection violate the 14th Amendment, which states in part that no person "who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress ... to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same."

"As set forth in our complaint, the publicly available evidence, including Representative Cawthorn's own statements and reports that he or his office coordinated with the January 6 organizers, establish reasonable suspicion that Representative Cawthorn aided the insurrection, thereby disqualifying him from federal office. We look forward to asking him about his involvement under oath," said Ron Fein, legal director of Free Speech For People.
This is all they have? Nuisance suits?

If we didn't live in the political Twilight Zone, we wouldn't have to worry about keeping another chronic liar with suspicious Russian ties out of national office.

They obviously don’t know who they are ****ing with!

View attachment 67368472
Any idea what the hell is in the guy's hands that has him straining so hard and doing whatever it may be to the very small tree? It seems scissored shaped with possibly a spring or linking rod attached to the hand lever at one end and the other end to the upper blade?

This is all they have? Nuisance suits?
I'm going with a more serious suit. One not to throw his ass in jail with but to only stop him from furthering his pos political career that threatens our Democracy sometimes referred to as being a traitor by us common folk.

Any idea what the hell is in the guy's hands that has him straining so hard and doing whatever it may be to the very small tree? It seems scissored shaped with possibly a spring or linking rod attached to the hand lever at one end and the other end to the upper blade?
I couldn’t locate the video on the first search….

I couldn’t locate the video on the first search….

For those of us who have been around trees in the woods I can tell all that what I am witnessing is, to Cawthorn's credit first, his youthful and upper body strength is doing a number on a small tree. However, I also know what punky wood looks like. That's a term meaning wood that has rotted. Usually, depending on most hard wood v most soft wood and dia size, punked wood could take up to 5 to 10 years to punk, give or take 2 years. Tree laying on the ground also rots/punks at a faster rate. Wet weather causes a faster rot/punk rate. Anyways, the small standing tree that Cawthorn is beating up appears to be somewhere close to being at a half punk stage. The center core of that tree was less rotted and more resistant to his fist blows. The bark layer and outer part of that tree just shredded as one can see. By looking at the 'shreds' I can tell that it's punked/rotted. Chunky shred's in size. If that tree were young and alive, he'd only be possibly knocking some bark loose and in the first year of beginning punk, those shreds would appear more splintered. But, again, I'll give killer Cawthorn creds for form. He threw punches. Give the man a yellow ribbon for looking bad. Otherwise, any younger male, or female in decent shape could slug the hell out of that half-ass punked small tree too. After all of that, I still hope those 11 NC voter's lawsuit delivers a knockout.

At the rally, Cawthorn made baseless claims that the election had been stolen from Donald Trump, and has been accused of firing up the crowd, many of whom went on to storm the Capitol.
The 1868 amendment says no one can serve in Congress “who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress … to support the constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same”.
The complaint went on to detail the ways Cawthorn allegedly promoted the demonstration ahead of time, including him tweeting: “The future of this republic hinges on the actions of a solitary few … It’s time to fight.” The complaint also details reports of Cawthorn meeting with planners of the 6 January demonstration and possibly the Capitol assault.
Last September, Cawthorn warned North Carolinians of potential “bloodshed” over future elections he claims could “continue to be stolen”, and questioned whether Biden was “dutifully elected”. He advised them to begin amassing ammunition for what he said is likely American-v-American “bloodshed” over unfavorable election results.

“When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes your duty,” he said, in addition to describing the rioters who were arrested during the January 6 insurrection as “political prisoners”. He said “we are actively working” on plans for a similar protest in Washington.
“This isn’t just about the voters of that district. The insurrection threatened our country’s entire democratic system and putting insurrectionists from any state into the halls of Congress threatens the entire country.”
and here is where we see this is the starter suit to test the waters to see if tRump can be disqualified to run for public office:
John Wallace, a longtime lawyer for Democratic causes in North Carolina, who also filed the challenge, told the Guardian: “The disqualification of Representative Cawthorn certainly should provide a deterrent to others who might try and obstruct or defeat our democratic processes.”

For those of us who have been around trees in the woods I can tell all that what I am witnessing is, to Cawthorn's credit first, his youthful and upper body strength is doing a number on a small tree. However, I also know what punky wood looks like. That's a term meaning wood that has rotted. Usually, depending on most hard wood v most soft wood and dia size, punked wood could take up to 5 to 10 years to punk, give or take 2 years. Tree laying on the ground also rots/punks at a faster rate. Wet weather causes a faster rot/punk rate. Anyways, the small standing tree that Cawthorn is beating up appears to be somewhere close to being at a half punk stage. The center core of that tree was less rotted and more resistant to his fist blows. The bark layer and outer part of that tree just shredded as one can see. By looking at the 'shreds' I can tell that it's punked/rotted. Chunky shred's in size. If that tree were young and alive, he'd only be possibly knocking some bark loose and in the first year of beginning punk, those shreds would appear more splintered. But, again, I'll give killer Cawthorn creds for form. He threw punches. Give the man a yellow ribbon for looking bad. Otherwise, any younger male, or female in decent shape could slug the hell out of that half-ass punked small tree too. After all of that, I still hope those 11 NC voter's lawsuit delivers a knockout.
This post is truly hilarious!

The lawsuit is a flaming joke that won't amount to anything but is all the democrats have today. Biden is imploding before our eyes. He is a confirmed liar and fraud! America is in a dark winter because of Biden.

This post is truly hilarious!

The lawsuit is a flaming joke that won't amount to anything but is all the democrats have today. Biden is imploding before our eyes. He is a confirmed liar and fraud! America is in a dark winter because of Biden.

What does Biden have to do with Cawthorn's actions related to 1/6?

As far as lawsuits go, one never knows how they might turn out even when said lawsuit holds sincere intentions to prevent a squirrel for brains wannabe traitor from getting re-elected, but if the suit fails - that simply best represents just how upside-down our nation of fools has increasingly become since 2015. You know - when the clownish cult leader rode the escalator down during his photo op announcement to ruin for president.

Only in the Republican Party could an elected official help plan an insurrection against the United States government and call themselves a patriot, and Madison Cawthorne does (R-NC) so as loudly and as often as possible. Cawthorne has openly been called called an “organizer” of the Jan. 6 insurrection, and yet somehow he still feels justified in tweeting that the Founding Fathers would be horrified at the country we live in. He’s right, but not for any of the reasons that he thinks.

OMG!!! Rep Kinzinger saw what I described in one of my posts here about Cawthorn's video of himself punching a SMALL rotted tree! That's funny!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Representative Adam Kinzinger called out one of his fellow GOP congressmen on social media Tuesday.

The Illinois congressman, in response to Colorado GOP Representative Lauren Boebert, tweeted, "Trust me here, nobody is afraid of Madison [Cawthorn]. Unless you're a rotted out tree (seriously google that people). Literally you have all built your skills/intimidation up in your own head."

As far as lawsuits go, one never knows how they might turn out even when said lawsuit holds sincere intentions to prevent a squirrel for brains wannabe traitor from getting re-elected, but if the suit fails - that simply best represents just how upside-down our nation of fools has increasingly become since 2015. You know - when the clownish cult leader rode the escalator down during his photo op announcement to ruin for president.

Only in the Republican Party could an elected official help plan an insurrection against the United States government and call themselves a patriot, and Madison Cawthorne does (R-NC) so as loudly and as often as possible. Cawthorne has openly been called called an “organizer” of the Jan. 6 insurrection, and yet somehow he still feels justified in tweeting that the Founding Fathers would be horrified at the country we live in. He’s right, but not for any of the reasons that he thinks.

OMG!!! Rep Kinzinger saw what I described in one of my posts here about Cawthorn's video of himself punching a SMALL rotted tree! That's funny!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Representative Adam Kinzinger called out one of his fellow GOP congressmen on social media Tuesday.

The Illinois congressman, in response to Colorado GOP Representative Lauren Boebert, tweeted, "Trust me here, nobody is afraid of Madison [Cawthorn]. Unless you're a rotted out tree (seriously google that people). Literally you have all built your skills/intimidation up in your own head."
Actually, we know precisely where this law suit will go: Absolutely nowhere.

You see there is a little thing in the US we call evidence. Before you can prove anyone guilty of insurrection you must first provide evidence that convinces a jury beyond any reasonable doubt (since insurrection is criminal and not civil). Failure to do this means you will accomplish nothing. Without a conviction for insurrection the Fourteenth Amendment doesn't apply. Since no one has been charged with insurrection, much less convicted, you cannot prevent anyone from running for reelection.

WTF some people call rotted wood punked?

WTF some people call rotted wood punked?
as a kid in the 50s fireworks vendors sold 'punks'
a long, slender device, about the size of a sparkler, which one would light with a match/lighter. then that punk would stay barely lit, burning just enough to then be used to ignite the fuse on a variety of fireworks

now back to the thread topic about madison cawthorne (hopefully) getting punked

as a kid in the 50s fireworks vendors sold 'punks'
a long, slender device, about the size of a sparkler, which one would light with a match/lighter. then that punk would stay barely lit, burning just enough to then be used to ignite the fuse on a variety of fireworks

now back to the thread topic about madison cawthorne (hopefully) getting punked
Actually, the punks sold for fireworks was more interesting. They still sell them in Alaska.

The leftist lunatics who want to stop Cawthorne have one minor little problem. He has not even been charged with insurrection, much less been convicted. So there is nothing they can do to stop him, or anyone else, from running for any political office they desire. That is the problem with deranged leftist filth, they can't deal with reality. So they have to manufacture ridiculous fantasies, like trying to prevent someone from running for office based upon the vivid imagination of mentally unhinged leftist scum.

How can the law suit claim "insurrection" when even the FBI claims there was no insurrection.

From MSN:
The Cambridge Dictionary defines “insurrection” as: “an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence”

By that definition, there was no “insurrection” at the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, according to the FBI. Reuters reports:

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

How can the law suit claim "insurrection" when even the FBI claims there was no insurrection.

From MSN:
The Cambridge Dictionary defines “insurrection” as: “an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence”

By that definition, there was no “insurrection” at the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, according to the FBI. Reuters reports:
As this lawsuit moves forward, if the court doesn't recognize "insurrection" then the case will fail because of that alone. If it continues on, then the word "insurrection" has been accepted in the lawsuit.

Stephen I. Vladeck, expert on the federal courts, constitutional law, national security law, and military justice, gives us a great insight with implications about the lawsuit against Rep Cawthorn.

if the challenge succeeds, it could become a model for similar attempts by voters in other states to seek to disqualify other members of Congress who publicly encouraged and incited — and may have privately facilitated — the violence on Jan. 6. In that respect, the Cawthorn challenge is a fascinating test case for state disqualification procedures — and for the idea that the 14th Amendment’s disqualification clause could be enforced against those involved in Jan. 6 through state elections suits.

But the Cawthorn case illustrates how the argument would go: If an individual is disqualified from serving in Congress because of an express constitutional provision, does it not follow that, in the Supreme Court’s words, they therefore fail to meet “the qualifications expressly set forth in the Constitution”? Put another way, is compliance with the disqualification clause itself one of the express qualifications for office imposed by the Constitution?

One way or the other, the challenge to Cawthorn’s candidacy could therefore have enormous implications not just for the 26-year-old first-term congressman, but for any members who played some part in the tragic and tumultuous events of last January — and for how the long-moribund disqualification clause of the 14th Amendment is enforced going forward.

View attachment 67368465

Interesting Update:

In his lawsuit, Cawthorn claims the 14th Amendment provision was intended to apply only to former confederates who fought in the Civil War, and he cited a subsequent 1872 “amnesty” law that waived the 14th Amendment prohibition for those confederates as evidence of his claim.

But the state AG’s office, led by Democratic Attorney General Josh Stein, disagreed with Cawthorn’s interpretation, citing comments from legislators who helped pass the 1872 law and noting that Congress itself had applied the 14th Amendment prohibition in 1919 against a man named Victor Berger, who was barred from office for violating the Espionage Act during World War I.

If the challenge against Cawthorn moves forward, it first goes to a three-member investigative panel — appointed by the State Elections Board — for a determination. After the panel issues a ruling, the parties may appeal the ruling to the five-member state board. This process, state attorneys say, offers Cawthorn multiple chances to defend his eligibility. His lawsuit should only be filed after this process is complete, they argue.

Interesting Update:
In his lawsuit, Cawthorn claims the 14th Amendment provision was intended to apply only to former confederates who fought in the Civil War, and he cited a subsequent 1872 “amnesty” law that waived the 14th Amendment prohibition for those confederates as evidence of his claim.
But the state AG’s office, led by Democratic Attorney General Josh Stein, disagreed with Cawthorn’s interpretation, citing comments from legislators who helped pass the 1872 law and noting that Congress itself had applied the 14th Amendment prohibition in 1919 against a man named Victor Berger, who was barred from office for violating the Espionage Act during World War I.
If the challenge against Cawthorn moves forward, it first goes to a three-member investigative panel — appointed by the State Elections Board — for a determination. After the panel issues a ruling, the parties may appeal the ruling to the five-member state board. This process, state attorneys say, offers Cawthorn multiple chances to defend his eligibility. His lawsuit should only be filed after this process is complete, they argue.
1645720527180.png

View attachment 67368465

This issue is both laughable, and dead.

One thing you leftists continually forget - unsurprisingly - even though it is included in the Fourteenth Amendment, the individual right to due process under the law. Get a clue.

Not a single person has been charged with the crime of insurrection. That is entirely a diseased leftist fantasy.

Back
Top Bottom