• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Suit: Atlanta Waffle House manager used racial slurs against diners

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.apnews.com/9cc71a89fbb04c6c88323ee9096903d2

ATLANTA (AP) — A federal civil rights lawsuit says a manager at an Atlanta-area Waffle House used racial epithets to refer to customers of Mexican descent.

The lawsuit filed Monday says the alleged discrimination happened in February 2017 at a restaurant in Doraville.
========================================
From the manager's comment to an American citizen of Mexican origin, 'Why don't they deport you back to Mexico?', I'd say he voted for The Donald.

When I was a kid, I worked for Waffle House. The cook got into an argument with this black guy over something silly. Had something to do with menu prices or something. He went out to the car to get more cash to pay the bill, and she reached into her purse and grabbed a gun. I said, "WTF are you doing? He's going to get more money!" "No he's not," she said. "He's going to get a gun!"

Dude came out of the car with his wallet, saw her standing there with a handgun, and left.

Later that week, I got a call from the District Manager, asking me what happened. I told him the truth. She was terminated.

:shrug:

This article does not surprise me. I worked at Waffle House for about 3 years. I saw this kind of behavior (not the gun, but the bigotry) often. Don't know if Waffle Houses have a problem with this, or it was just the fact that I lived in a red state.

From the manager's comment to an American citizen of Mexican origin, 'Why don't they deport you back to Mexico?', I'd say he voted for The Donald.

If the manager did actually say that, then obviously he should be fired. No ifs, ands, or buts.

No one has the right to insult another person for any reason.

Everyone should learn to keep his or her damn(ed) place in society.

(I'd say that he may have voted for Ms. Hillary. Many liberals talk the talk, but in a real-life crunch, they often fail to walk the walk. Their mask of tolerance falls to the floor with a thud.)

The lawsuit filed Monday says the alleged discrimination happened in February 2017 at a restaurant in Doraville.

Who waits 2 years to file a lawsuit of this kind? Someone who has no case.

If the manager did actually say that, then obviously he should be fired. No ifs, ands, or buts.

(I'd say that he may have voted for Ms. Hillary. Many liberals talk the talk, but in a real-life crunch, they often fail to walk the walk. Their mask of tolerance falls to the floor with a thud.)

The plaintiff claims the incident happened 2 years ago, but is suing now for some reason. Suspicious?

When I was a kid, I worked for Waffle House. The cook got into an argument with this black guy over something silly. Had something to do with menu prices or something. He went out to the car to get more cash to pay the bill, and she reached into her purse and grabbed a gun. I said, "WTF are you doing? He's going to get more money!" "No he's not," she said. "He's going to get a gun!"

Dude came out of the car with his wallet, saw her standing there with a handgun, and left.

Later that week, I got a call from the District Manager, asking me what happened. I told him the truth. She was terminated.

:shrug:

This article does not surprise me. I worked at Waffle House for about 3 years. I saw this kind of behavior (not the gun, but the bigotry) often. Don't know if Waffle Houses have a problem with this, or it was just the fact that I lived in a red state.

Do a YouTube search for 'Waffle House fight'. :lol:

Who waits 2 years to file a lawsuit of this kind? Someone who has no case.

Interesting point. It definitely makes it harder to disprove their claim. Of course, it makes it harder to prove it as well.

Do a YouTube search for 'Waffle House fight'. :lol:

:lol: Thanks, but don't have to. One night on the weekend, a group of people came in, drunker than hell. They were giving me a hard time because they ****ed up their orders but blamed me. Big, BIG mother****er gets up and walks over to them (he was drunk too) and says, "Apologize to the little lady." Needless to say, they got into a fight in the parking lot, big mother****er got stabbed and rushed to the hospital. I called after my shift was over but they wouldn't tell me anything because I wasn't family.

I saw him about two years later, and gave him a big hug. :lol:

Interesting point. It definitely makes it harder to disprove their claim. Of course, it makes it harder to prove it as well.

The lawsuit is likely just a shakedown attempt anyway. Lawyers do it all the time, hoping to eek out a settlement. Waffle House will probably dole out a bit of money, and lawyer & client get what they wanted the whole time. It's the cost of doing business in the 'diversity is our strength' paradox of modern times.

:lol: Thanks, but don't have to. One night on the weekend, a group of people came in, drunker than hell. They were giving me a hard time because they ****ed up their orders but blamed me. Big, BIG mother****er gets up and walks over to them (he was drunk too) and says, "Apologize to the little lady." Needless to say, they got into a fight in the parking lot, big mother****er got stabbed and rushed to the hospital. I called after my shift was over but they wouldn't tell me anything because I wasn't family.

I saw him about two years later, and gave him a big hug. :lol:

Waffle House needs a reality show. Hollywood is missing a huge opportunity there.

Waffle House needs a reality show. Hollywood is missing a huge opportunity there.

Yeah that'd be funny as hell. But Waffle House would never approve of it. They don't want anybody to know just how ****ed up things actually are there after dark.

They are a whole nother animal from that moderately friendly place you go in the morning for a pecan waffle and a cup of coffee.

Yeah that'd be funny as hell. But Waffle House would never approve of it. They don't want anybody to know just how ****ed up things actually are there after dark.

They are a whole nother animal from that moderately friendly place you go in the morning for a pecan waffle and a cup of coffee.

I could so go for a waffle house pecan waffle right this minute. Too bad the closest one is 2 hours away. :(

As far as the OP saying the manager probably voted for Trump, lmao I've been hearing things along those lines for decades. This is not some new thing the Don has brought on.

Actually they do. Doesn't mean you have a right to freedom from consequences.

Oh, I think people know by now Superfly.

Jim Gaffigan has seen a gun five times in his life, and three of those times were at a Waffle House.

:lol:

Jim Gaffigan - Waffle House - Jim Gaffigan: King Baby (Video Clip) | Comedy Central

https://www.apnews.com/9cc71a89fbb04c6c88323ee9096903d2

ATLANTA (AP) — A federal civil rights lawsuit says a manager at an Atlanta-area Waffle House used racial epithets to refer to customers of Mexican descent.

========================================

They waited two years to make their claim (apparently) so I have very little interest in their claim.

If someone shows that they spoke up at the time of alleged offense then this changes,

Hmmm, saying "why don't they deport you back to Mexico" at a Latino is actionable? Civilly illegal words?

The lawsuit says the family later discovered the food in their to-go order was strewn with garbage and not cooked properly. That's actionable.

Back
Top Bottom