• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Suicide bombing in Oklahoma

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
NORMAN, Okla. - One person was killed in an explosion near a packed football stadium at the University of Oklahoma on Saturday night in what authorities said appeared to be a suicide.

The blast, in a traffic circle about 100 yards from Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, could be heard by some in the crowd of 84,000, but university President David Boren said no one inside the stadium was ever in danger.

“We are apparently dealing with an individual suicide, which is under full investigation,” Boren said in a statement. There was no information about the person who was killed, and no reports of any other injuries.

A police bomb squad detonated explosives found at the site of the blast. The area near the stadium was searched by bomb-sniffing dogs.

Possibly a botched attempt since there were undetonated explosives?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9557879

In Oklahoma? I doubt it.

vergiss said:
In Oklahoma? I doubt it.
A guy blows himself up in the middle of a traffic circle with the intent of killing others... isn't that what a suicide bombing is? Luckily not all of his explosives went off.

Didn't one of the worst terrorist attacks in U.S. history happen in Oklahoma?

Well, yeah - if you include "sucide bomer" to mean any guy who tops himsel via things that go KABOOM. Is he a jihadist maniac? No. Delusions of grandeur, mate. You forget that the guy behind the Oklahoma City bombings was a whole different type of psycho.

http://tapscottscopydesk.blogspot.com/2005/10/why-arent-we-being-told-more-facts.html
hinrichs.jpg
< -- newly grown beard? resembling other militants?
Sorry, I don't buy it(simple suicide), at least not yet. Here's why: First, The Daily Oklahoman is reporting authorities found a large cache of bomb-making materials in Hinrichs' apartment. The cache is so big that the Oklahoman reported one of the officials on the scene estimated a full 24 hours would be required to cart away all of the material.

Suicide victims don't normally accumulate a large amount of bomb-making material in their homes. People intent on blowing up other people do.

Second, the proximity to the stadium suggests Hinrichs' target was the crowd, perhaps as people were leaving the game. But being an OU student, he presumably would have access to the student seating section and could have gone from that area to anywhere else in the crowd he chose.

What better place to detonate a bomb guaranteed to both kill and maim many, as well as incite terror and possibly a stampede that would kill and injure more people? My guess is Hinrichs was kept from reaching his target by a premature detonation. Add the proximty of the Micro-Biology building and you may have the potential for a kind of bio-bomb that could have guaranteed utter chaos in and around the stadium.

Sounds awfully suspicious to me. Read the whole blog

Back
Top Bottom