• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Suggestion for The Loft

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Submitted for your consideration:

Background: When Grim17 posted the Zimmerman trial threads, he did an excellent job of keeping the discussion on track -- along with some judicious Mods weighing in and helping along the way.

It's my understanding that The Loft has been started as a cool place for people who donate where they can discuss topics in a more relaxed atmosphere -- doing away with some of the rancor we find in other forums. And avoiding rutabaga discussions.

I wonder if The Loft might be perceived as a more valuable forum (and thus more of an incentive to donate) if, when people posted, they could exercise the kind of control Grim17 was able to maintain in the Zimmerman trial threads with the assistance of Mods.

Because this may not be clear, an example. I was thinking of posting a thread discussing Stand Your Ground Laws and the wisdom (or not) of changing them. I know this would quickly deteriorate in a discussion about Zimmerman's trial. I thought of posting it in The Loft for that reason.

Is this an appropriate use of The Loft forum? Would mods assist in keeping such a discussion on track? Am I explaining this in a way that makes sense? Would The Loft be perceived as a more valuable perk for donors if it were described THAT way?

I don't see any problem with posting that in the Loft, Mags. The mods are very good about reminding people how to act in there, although it rarely even seems necessary.

I don't see any problem with posting that in the Loft, Mags. The mods are very good about reminding people how to act in there, although it rarely even seems necessary.

Thanks, X. I think I'll wait 'til Monday to get more exposure.

Don't forget, The Loft doesn't allow for people to go off willy nilly, just by its design. The rules in there are strictly enforced and people removed if they act up.

Don't forget, The Loft doesn't allow for people to go off willy nilly, just by its design. The rules in there are strictly enforced and people removed if they act up.

Then you can't come in, because you're always acting up. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom