• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Suggestion for a new section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Grimm

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I think there should be a new section for gay marriage and other gay political issues.

It seems like there are so many threads on this topic. Also, a lot of people who want to discuss it.

However, I do feel like the discussion sometimes crowds out other issues.

I think if we can have a section for the discussion of abortion, and a section for the discussion of religion, we can have a section for the discussion of homosexual political issues like gay marriage, etc.

So what you're getting at is that you want to segregate gays?

....sorry, couldn't resist.

Wouldn't they belong in the sex and sexuality forum?

Wouldn't they belong in the sex and sexuality forum?

Not in my opinion, the reason being that not all political issues that are of specific interest to gays are necessarily sexual in nature.

For example, gay marriage/gay rights in the military/ gay boy scouts/ etc are more political issues than issues of sexuality.

Subforum. Sounds good.

Why? It's not like the SnS forum is crowded.

Not in my opinion, the reason being that not all political issues that are of specific interest to gays are necessarily sexual in nature.

For example, gay marriage/gay rights in the military/ gay boy scouts/ etc are more political issues than issues of sexuality.

They are political issues about sexuality.

Why? It's not like the SnS forum is crowded.

They are political issues about sexuality.

Paschendale, lol, you argue about everything dude.

There's a difference between discussing condom use, the merits of anal sex, etc, and discussing civil rights issues like gay marriage.

If it were up to me, I'd have an entire Civil Rights section, under which you'd have a homosexual issues section, a race relations section, and a gender relations section.

Moderator's Warning:
Without this turning into a debate over what is political and what isn't, what's about sexuality and what isn't, etc... I'm closing this thread. The moderation team will review this suggestion and post a response.

The moderation team has reviewed this suggestion and after discussed it, we have come to the conclusion that we will not be creating any more forums at this time. There are already existing forums where civil discussions can take place regarding gay marriage and "other gay political issues".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom