• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Suggest a campaign slogan for Romney

Please -- you've got to be joking! :lamo

The House, with Barney Frank's support, passed f&f reform in '05. The Bush White House killed it in the Senate. And of course f&f had little to do with the problem anyway.

Suggest a campaign slogan for Romney

How about "God says we millionaires deserve a tax-cut - too bad He didn't mention the other 99%!"

More whining about the rich? If you want everyone to get the same tax cut, then everyone should pay the same tax rates or tax dollars

Will you ever learn the difference between envy and contempt?

I understand what you claim you operate from and what actually motivates you

Next

More whining about the rich? If you want everyone to get the same tax cut, then everyone should pay the same tax rates or tax dollars

some people just can't understand that you can't get a tax cut when you don't pay taxes. many of those squealing about how the rich don't pay their fair share actually get more money back from the feds than they have withheld (due to EIC) so they actually pay less than zero already. talk about not pulling your own weight or paying your fair share. they'd piss themselves if the system was actually fair

some people just can't understand that you can't get a tax cut when you don't pay taxes. many of those squealing about how the rich don't pay their fair share actually get more money back from the feds than they have withheld (due to EIC) so they actually pay less than zero already. talk about not pulling your own weight or paying your fair share. they'd piss themselves if the system was actually fair

the little piggies suckling from the hog's teat always want momma hog to give more milk

No you fail. Let me ask you a hypothetical. If obama sent seals to kill your sister would you say the seals killed her or obama did?

Obama didn't kill OBL, but he did bail-out the auto industry, prevented the economy from recovering, and collected taxes from TD :cuckoo:

But, the desire to punish Bush by the Democrats prevented the actions that Republicans like John McCain were advocating in congress which wouldve helped homeowners pay those house loans to prevent the widescale bankruptcies which made the Housing bubble burst broaded to a global financial crisis... If only for a few hundred million under McCain's plan, we could've nipped this in the bud... However, that would've helped McCain's election chances, so it was soundly defeated by the Democrats...

John McCain 2006 – Warning On Current Housing Crisis « Mcauleysworld’s Weblog

There's more than enough blame to go around on this issue...

Yeah, bush* was all about reining in the housing bubble :roll:

USATODAY.com - Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership

the little piggies suckling from the hog's teat always want momma hog to give more milk

Yeah the nerve of the 99% to think they and the economy should not sacrifice so the 1% can get richer.

Last edited:
What's wrong with the rich getting richer at the expense of the working class!

What's wrong with the rich getting richer at the expense of the working class!

brilliant it goes hand in hand with obamas trickle up poverty!!!!!!!!!!!!

brilliant it goes hand in hand with obamas trickle up poverty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because Obama has the ability to time travel????

"The outlook is grim. The recession has compounded decades of growing economic inequality, structural poverty, and urban decay. With the projections that unemployment will remain high for several years, these numbers are not likely to improve.
Making matters worse, as Ron Haskings at the Brookings Institution noted, "Safety net programs run by the federal and state governments are helping millions of families avoid poverty, but thee programs could be subject to cuts at the federal and state level because of continuing deficit and debt problems."

Despite the enormity of this social problem, American politicians in either party rarely discuss the subject. Since the poor don't tend to vote in high rates or contribute much in campaign funds, they don't get a place at the table in Washington, D.C. Yet with the U.S. poverty rate being the highest in the developed world according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, this statistic marks a terrible failure for the nation as a whole."

War on poverty in 2011? - CNN.com

Mitt: He Gives a ****

Good, huh? It rhymes too!

Because Obama has the ability to time travel????

"The outlook is grim. The recession has compounded decades of growing economic inequality, structural poverty, and urban decay. With the projections that unemployment will remain high for several years, these numbers are not likely to improve.
Making matters worse, as Ron Haskings at the Brookings Institution noted, "Safety net programs run by the federal and state governments are helping millions of families avoid poverty, but thee programs could be subject to cuts at the federal and state level because of continuing deficit and debt problems."

Despite the enormity of this social problem, American politicians in either party rarely discuss the subject. Since the poor don't tend to vote in high rates or contribute much in campaign funds, they don't get a place at the table in Washington, D.C. Yet with the U.S. poverty rate being the highest in the developed world according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, this statistic marks a terrible failure for the nation as a whole."

War on poverty in 2011? - CNN.com

:lamo

economic equality,you know if you did simple math the rich have risen on almost equal grounds with tax cuts,but yet they are stealing from the poor!!

i dont remember the poor who pay zero taxes having a gun put to their head and told to buy that macbookpro,better yet i dont remember a government that is counterproductive on taxes by costing almost as much as anything they make through irs enforcementbeing efective.i also dont see a government that is grossly enneffiecient helping people without spending 3 dollard for every one a poor person recieves.

i worked in the army,i saw first hand the most wasteful system ever,we even had a slogan,if the government ran a company,it would fold on day one.

the government does not provide jobs on its own,it either prevents growth or takes from others to provide jobs.and lastly the poverty rate being the lowest in the developed world,look at europe,last i checked most countries were facing bankruptcy due to a choice of austerity or wealth redistribution,yet you want america to follow a path that has never succeeded to abandon the path of capitolism that has only failed twice in america!!

:lamo

economic equality,you know if you did simple math the rich have risen on almost equal grounds with tax cuts,but yet they are stealing from the poor!!

i dont remember the poor who pay zero taxes having a gun put to their head and told to buy that macbookpro,better yet i dont remember a government that is counterproductive on taxes by costing almost as much as anything they make through irs enforcementbeing efective.i also dont see a government that is grossly enneffiecient helping people without spending 3 dollard for every one a poor person recieves.

i worked in the army,i saw first hand the most wasteful system ever,we even had a slogan,if the government ran a company,it would fold on day one.

the government does not provide jobs on its own,it either prevents growth or takes from others to provide jobs.and lastly the poverty rate being the lowest in the developed world,look at europe,last i checked most countries were facing bankruptcy due to a choice of austerity or wealth redistribution,yet you want america to follow a path that has never succeeded to abandon the path of capitolism that has only failed twice in america!!

The average taxpayer pays between 20 - 30% in taxes overall. Those living under poverty pay about 16%. Tho 1% pays less than 15%.

How have the Bush tax cuts for the rich helped the working class or the economy over the last decade?

Since the tax cuts bring in less revenue, the GOP now wants to cut benefits to the working class to make up the slack. I am betting the 99% has enough wherewithal to reason there is no benefit to them or the economy to continue the tax cuts for the rich.

Last edited:
The average taxpayer pays between 20 - 30% in taxes overall. Those living under poverty pay about 16%. Tho 1% pays less than 15%.

How have the Bush tax cuts for the rich helped the working class or the economy over the last decade?

Since the tax cuts bring in less revenue, the GOP now wants to cut benefits to the working class to make up the slack. I am betting the 99% has enough wherewithal to reason there is no benefit to them or the economy to continue the tax cuts for the rich.

those living under poverty get it back on april 15th.but great of you to compare the ritch's effective to the poors marginal.

after tax returns i was in a negavite tax rate,i made over 30k last year and got eic and made more than i paid,simply because i was in a combat zone.surely single and making 30k is not poverty,and i have never met a single person classified under poverty who lost money at the end of the year from taxes,atleast since the bush era!!!!!!!!!!!

those living under poverty get it back on april 15th.but great of you to compare the ritch's effective to the poors marginal.

Like Reagan, I don't make a distinction from earned income and unearned income.

after tax returns i was in a negavite tax rate,i made over 30k last year and got eic and made more than i paid,simply because i was in a combat zone.surely single and making 30k is not poverty,and i have never met a single person classified under poverty who lost money at the end of the year from taxes,atleast since the bush era!!!!!!!!!!!

So are you saying you feel you should not get a tax benefit for being in a combat zone?

Poverty in America likely to get worse, report finds
Indiana University study says 46 million Americans are living below the poverty line – up 27% since start of recession

"Poverty in America is remarkably widespread," concludes the study, At Risk: America's Poor During and After the Great Recession. "The number of people living in poverty is increasing and is expected to increase further, despite the recovery."

"The report warns that the numbers will continue to rise, because although the recession is technically over, its continued impact on cuts to welfare budgets and the quality of new, often poorly paid, jobs can be expected to force many more people in to poverty. It is also difficult for those already under water to get back up again."

"The Great Recession has left behind the largest number of long-term unemployed people since records were first kept in 1948."

"One in five families earns less than $15,000 (£9,600) a year."

Poverty in America likely to get worse, report finds | Business | guardian.co.uk

Oops, you are wrong on one of them. Obama did pull us out of Iraq, but it was according to the plan Bush signed off on before he left office.
But didn't Obama vote against funding the war in Iraq because it didn't have an exit strategy long before Bush signed his exit strategy?

tumblr_m3ckaenR6E1qfncmso1_400.jpg

I'm Mitt Romney and I endorse this message.

Oops, you are wrong on one of them. Obama did pull us out of Iraq, but it was according to the plan Bush signed off on before he left office.

He actually tried to renig on that plan but the iraqis kicked us out.

Allow me to etch you a sketch of the future America.

Back
Top Bottom