• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Suggest a campaign slogan for Romney

It must be tough for Republican Christians, I mean real Christians, They cant really vote for a Mormon. I wonder if there will be low Christian turn outs?

I'll do the country, like I did Massachusetts:doh

Where he;

- turned a $3B dollar deficit into a $2B surplus in 2 years without raising taxes... balancing the budget each of his 4 years in office...

- took MA from 50th in job creation when he took office to 36th in job creation in his last year in office, by creating over 20K jobs each year in office (1 of only 2 states to do so at the time), for a net positive of 89K jobs (the only MA Governor to do so that decade), lowering the unemployment rate from 5.6% to 4.7%

- restored MA schools to being best in the nation, by instituting higher test standards, and expanded voichers and charter schol funding...

- created the first succesfully functioning universal healthcare system in the country, that didnt raise taxes or healthcare costs on the budget... insuring upwards of 98% of all MA residents (by far the highest percentage in the nation)

- Straightened out and completed the Big Dig (the largest construction project in US History), from the corrupt boondoggle it was, and recovered funds for faulty work and overinflated costs

- Was able to work with Ted Kennedy and John Kerry to get the Hanscom and Otis AFBs converted from soldier based to research and surveillance based bases, to avoid complete closure.

- Pushed through the "Welcome Home Bill", which raised pay for active duty National guardsmen from $75 to $100, and raised the pay for a soldier killed in the line of duty from $5K to $100K. Was the first Governor of MA to create a "Veteran's Affairs" cabinet member to his administration.

- Passed "Melanies Bill" (named for a 13 yr old girl killed by a drunk driver while walking to the beach with friends) which strengthened the penalties for drunk drivers, including ignition interlock breathalizer devices installed for anyone with multiple OUIs.

- Vetoed "Card Check"

And did so despite having to work with the objections of a legislation which was 85% liberal...

(oh and this small thing where he saved the lives of some drowning lake-goers who wouldve died if he didnt race out to get them, and then he brushed the incident off, as if it was nothing...)

Was there anything else you wanted him to do in those 4 years? Because there's actually alot more than he did, or pushed for against the legislative backlash...

Last edited:
"Get ready, America. I'm going to do to you what I did to Seamus!"

So neither you nor Catawba can claim Bush killed millions or Iraqi's ever again then.

Obama also killed those innocent villagers-not the nutcase soldier from here in Ohio

And Obama killed all those unarmed soldiers in Fort Hood, not some Muslim jihadist whack job

"I do not want more teachers, firemen, and policemen"

It must be tough for Republican Christians, I mean real Christians, They cant really vote for a Mormon. I wonder if there will be low Christian turn outs?

what a silly comment. Romney isn't running for Preacher, pastor, Rabbi or Pope.

"I do not want more teachers, firemen, and policemen"

Most of us don't want more teachers' unions, police unions fire unions or other entities that cost us more money and gives us crappier services for our tax dollars

The only viable alternative to the conservative Obama is someone even more hawkish who has promised to up the ante. Why would I vote for someone worse than Obama?

Or, you could just not vote/write someone in/vote third party. There's many options. You are just drinking the Democratic kool-aid and can't think for yourself.

Or, you could just not vote/write someone in/vote third party. There's many options. You are just drinking the Democratic kool-aid and can't think for yourself.

We tried that in 2000 and instead of ending up with a progressive like gore we ended up with one of the worst presidencies in american history. just hold you nose and vote for the lesser of two evils.

0.jpg

We tried that in 2000 and instead of ending up with a progressive like gore we ended up with one of the worst presidencies in american history. just hold you nose and vote for the lesser of two evils.

Who is we?
Sorry bud, I don't hold my nose and vote. My vote is too precious to me that I just mark beside the guy with the (R) or (D) next to his name. I vote for the guy that I don't lose sleep over voting for. Right now, that's Ron Paul. It could be someone else later.

Libertarians - Vote for me
(Ron Paul's own son preferred me)

anyone you considered a bad president is most likely a successful one to normal Americans

and while W was way too big a spender, he was a far better choice than gorebot or the idiot whose main success is marrying rich heiresses

religious bigotry is just so stupid

I agree. Well unless you are accusing my of being a bigot. Since Romney isnt really a good Candidate, I mean not many people like Obama as a President. A good Candidate would be leaving him in the dust right now. Yet Romney seems to be struggling to gain support within his own party. Perhaps the reason why that he he is a lack luster Candidate is because Christians do not like Mormons? In fact Christians view Mormonism as a cult started by a false prophet. And it is common knowledge that there are many Christian Republicans so it doesnt take much to figure out that religion is a factor since Republicans have made it a point to make religion a big factor in politics.

So no it is not bigotry it is politics.

Who is we?
Sorry bud, I don't hold my nose and vote. My vote is too precious to me that I just mark beside the guy with the (R) or (D) next to his name. I vote for the guy that I don't lose sleep over voting for. Right now, that's Ron Paul. It could be someone else later.

No one doubts that... We're all fairly certain it's the people voting around you that have to hold their nose...

No one doubts that... We're all fairly certain it's the people voting around you that have to hold their nose...

I'll admit I lol'd at this. Good one.
However, I am unsure of the meaning of the smarminess. Are you saying that I need to take a shower, that I have gas, or that the actual ballet stinks when the name Ron Paul is written on it? The first one could occur if I'd just worked out. The second is something that could occur at any point during the day, depending the closest meal I had prior to my voting. The third is physically impossible. No paper can stink merely because a name is written on it.

"I believe...wait...what am I running for again?"

He's got that covered with his catch-all quote:

"I stand by what I said, whatever it was."

Are you going to run with the whole "2000 was Nader's fault" now?

Mitt is an ideal for chaos theorists like me because once you observe his P and Q it changes to another value, then if you observe that it changes again. Voting for Mitt is like a Steer/Cow/Bull/Calf voting for Western Beef/Sizzlers/AppleBees/Ponderosa/Mickey Dees/Burger King/Wendy's/Hardy's, and the butcher.

If you want to continue the 4th term of Bush/Obama then vote for Mitt!

That's the worst criticism I think I've ever seen in my entire history of following presidential elections...

So you don't think we should vote for Mitt Romey because he would govern like Bush/Obama... hmm...

BUT IF WE DON'T VOTE FOR MITT OBAMA WILL HAVE A 4TH TERM OF BUSH/OBAMA!?!?!?!?!?!?!

As impressed as I was of Romney as my governor, and as much of a proponent of him for president as I am... Romney's best slogan is still

"Anybody but Obama"... or rather, not "anybody", but... "Vote for me, or else you're stuck with him..."

Last edited:
Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz134-620x441.png

Back
Top Bottom