I'll do the country, like I did Massachusetts:doh
- turned a $3B dollar deficit into a $2B surplus in 2 years without raising taxes... balancing the budget each of his 4 years in office...
- took MA from 50th in job creation when he took office to 36th in job creation in his last year in office, by creating over 20K jobs each year in office (1 of only 2 states to do so at the time), for a net positive of 89K jobs (the only MA Governor to do so that decade), lowering the unemployment rate from 5.6% to 4.7%
- restored MA schools to being best in the nation, by instituting higher test standards, and expanded voichers and charter schol funding...
- created the first succesfully functioning universal healthcare system in the country, that didnt raise taxes or healthcare costs on the budget... insuring upwards of 98% of all MA residents (by far the highest percentage in the nation)
- Straightened out and completed the Big Dig (the largest construction project in US History), from the corrupt boondoggle it was, and recovered funds for faulty work and overinflated costs
- Was able to work with Ted Kennedy and John Kerry to get the Hanscom and Otis AFBs converted from soldier based to research and surveillance based bases, to avoid complete closure.
- Pushed through the "Welcome Home Bill", which raised pay for active duty National guardsmen from $75 to $100, and raised the pay for a soldier killed in the line of duty from $5K to $100K. Was the first Governor of MA to create a "Veteran's Affairs" cabinet member to his administration.
- Passed "Melanies Bill" (named for a 13 yr old girl killed by a drunk driver while walking to the beach with friends) which strengthened the penalties for drunk drivers, including ignition interlock breathalizer devices installed for anyone with multiple OUIs.
- Vetoed "Card Check"
And did so despite having to work with the objections of a legislation which was 85% liberal...
(oh and this small thing where he saved the lives of some drowning lake-goers who wouldve died if he didnt race out to get them, and then he brushed the incident off, as if it was nothing...)
Was there anything else you wanted him to do in those 4 years? Because there's actually alot more than he did, or pushed for against the legislative backlash...