• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Suggest a campaign slogan for Romney

"Just like Obama, but white!"

"My name's Mitt Romney, and I'm running for .. for .. well, for the hell of it, I guess!"

"Mitt Romney -- for sale to the highest bidder!" .. Or, or is that Obama's .. they all sound so much alike to me.

"Stuck here in the middle with you .. at, at least until after I'm elected!"

"A conservative by any other name would gaffe as much!"

"In your heart, you know he's right wing!"

"Romney for President .. because the alternative is even worse!"

"Ask not what I can do for you .. because I, I really don't have a clue yet, and who knows what Congress's gonna look like .. besides, I'll have to check with the wife first .. and the church ... !"

"A chicken in every pot, and some big black limos in my garage!"

"The Mormon the merrier!"

"I never met a slogan I didn't like!"

"I believe in moving forward now to restore America!"

"It's closing in on midnight again in America!"

"Putting rich People First!"

"It's something or another about the global economy .. stupid!"

"Step up to the bar with WMR!"

"Midstream, smidstream -- swap that damn jackass horse!"

"The ball's in the Mitt!"

"The business of America is my business!"

"Romney -- a latter day man for a more religious tomorrow!"

"Because I'm just too handsome to lose!"

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
"Please vote for me ... I've been running for eight years and I really need to sit down."

Wha, I dunno about that, Liberals tend to make the funniest comediennes, imo. But don't get me wrong, I never claimed to be a comedienne. A satirist maybe, but not a comedienne.

Don Rickles, Mel Brooks, Jonathan Winters, Drew Carey, Kevin James, Adam Sandler, Dennis Miller, Norm MacDonald, the guys from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, etc. might disagree with ya there...

There are plenty of decent comedians on both sides of the aisle...

Still, the comment was that you lot are funny even without intentionally doing it... ya just can't help it... it's part of your nature...

Like when this occurs...

Don Rickles, Mel Brooks, Jonathan Winters, Drew Carey, Kevin James, Adam Sandler, Dennis Miller, Norm MacDonald, the guys from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, etc. might disagree with ya there...

Still, the comment was that you lot are funny even without intentionally doing it... ya just can't help it... it's part of your nature...

Drew Carey, Kevin James, Adam Sandler, Dennis Miller, Norm MacDonald, and the guys from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour suck

Romney... someone you can blindly trust!

Now for the backstory to this slogan:

First... the fresh news story that came out just today:

Then the predictable happens:

Wait for it...

WAIT FOR IT...

Hold!

HOLD!

HOLD!

NOW!

Last edited:

Like when this occurs...

Balloon Drop Failure at 2004 DNC - CNN Snafu - YouTube[/video]
My dad liked Rickles and Winters but I didn't really care for them. The only one on your list that I like is Mel Brookes. Dennis Miller, yuck. He traded his funny for down right meaness when he started appearing on FoxNews. Adam Sandler, nyuhhh he's okay. Drew Carey, yawn. I'm not familiar with the rest of them. So you really think they're funnier than Jerry Seinfeld, George Carlin, Chris Rock, Jon Stewart and Betty White? Really??? Nahh.

I thought your video was funny so I gave it a "like". But if we're talking unintentionally funny you can't beat this guy...

ROTFL He cracks me up. Anyhoooo....

"If you think Obama's budget spending is bad, wait til you getta load of my campaign spending" - Mitt Romney

Vote for me because eventually, you and I will have the same position.

My dad liked Rickles and Winters but I didn't really care for them. The only one on your list that I like is Mel Brookes. Dennis Miller, yuck. He traded his funny for down right meaness when he started appearing on FoxNews. Adam Sandler, nyuhhh he's okay. Drew Carey, yawn. I'm not familiar with the rest of them. So you really think they're funnier than Jerry Seinfeld, George Carlin, Chris Rock, Jon Stewart and Betty White? Really??? Nahh.

I thought your video was funny so I gave it a "like". But if we're talking unintentionally funny you can't beat this guy...

[bush video]

ROTFL He cracks me up. Anyhoooo....

"If you think Obama's budget spending is bad, wait til you getta load of my campaign spending" - Mitt Romney

Don Rickles is one of the funniest comedians of all time, whose stuff has been relevant from the 60s until today... Jonathan Winters is funny, but definitely a specific taste, and I havent seen anything of his since the early 90s, when even then it was dated... Dennis Miller has always been mean, that's part of what's great about him, an educated intelligent person who doesn't care for ignorance... Mel Brooks is one of the funniest movie makers of all time... Adam Sandler was excellent on SNL, and has made several hilarious movies, but does have a tendency to go over the top... Drew Carey's stand-up was excellent, and the Drew Carey show was superb, but as a Price is Right host, he's no Bob Barker (also conservative)... Regarding the Blue Collar Comedy Tour guys, Jeff Foxworthy was funny, then the redneck stuff got overplayed, and he switched it to the language thing which is funny again, Ron White is a dink and not very funny, Larry the Cable guy is funny but its a limited schtick he's stuck with now, Bill Engvall is the funniest of the bunch and his stand-up was great long before the blue collar stuff...

But that wasn't a list of comedians I like... It was a list of comedians with conservative leanings... If it was ones I like it'd be Steven Wright, Norm MacDonald, Billy Connelly, Mitch Hedberg, Dylan Moran, Ricky Gervais, Steve Martin, Leslie Nielson, etc. and it's got nothing to do with how they view politics... I like witty dry humor...

The list of conservative guys are just as funny as any of the liberal ones...

Jerry Seinfeld, had good stand-up, but his show was funny because of writers and other character, not Seinfeld, and his post Seinfeld crap is crap... George Carlin, I never cared for and back then, id much rather have heard Bill Cosby, Richard Pryor, or even Gallagher, FFS... Chris Rock, isn't funny at all, he just makes noise, swears a lot, and overplays the race card. Nat-X was his only funny thing on SNL (This is a guy who said people are voting for Obama because they want to be down with it, so that they don't have to say they voted for that white lady when it happens and that he's proud that Obama voted against the war, eventhough Obama wasn't even in the Senate until after the war began)... Jon Stewart is funny, but also not a Democrat, he's an independent, and used to be more centrist than he is now... Betty White isn't funny. She wasn't even the funniest Golden Girl. Estelle Getty would show her up if still alive today...

Bush cracks me up, too...

But, despite all his stupidity, he never said anything as stupid as "That depends on what the definition of the word 'is' is..."

and when it comes to intentional humor, no one did that better than Reagan...

Reagan Bombing Joke - YouTube

PRESIDENT REAGAN'S BEST ONE-LINER - YouTube

Ronald Reagan - Governor, You're No Thomas Jefferson - YouTube

President Reagan - his humor and wit - YouTube

Ronald Reagan on Dean Martin Roast - YouTube

The Humor of Ronald Reagan - YouTube

That's how humor is done...

When Obama tries to do humor, it comes out like this...

CNN: SOTU Address, President Obama cracks smoked salmon joke - YouTube

Is Sexism Funny? Obama's Larry Summers Joke Bombs Badly at 2009 WH Correspondents' Dinner - YouTube

Romney's slogan should be "Time to get serious, this isn't punny, anymore..."

or he could go the bad humor route himself and make Barack puns...

"Let's get the Barack out of here!"

or

"A Barack in hand, is like two of the Bush" (nothing like a little double the debt spending humor... :lamo ... where's Krusty when ya need him...)

Romney - The way the wind is blowing

Romney - I'm awesome.

681.jpg

No, obama killed obl. If navy seals killed your sister under obama's instruction you would say that obama killed your sister. Just because you don't want to give him credit doesn't mean that he didn't. I didn't agree with obama ordering the assassination of a US citizen in yemen but I acknowledge that he did it even though i dont agree with him.

So neither you nor Catawba can claim Bush killed millions or Iraqi's ever again then.

"Me Too"

Suggest a campaign slogan for Romney
Will Rogers once said, "If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, wait a minute and it'll change." If he was alive today he would probably say "If you don't like Mitt Romney,wait a minute and he'll change."

"I believe...wait...what am I running for again?"

I think " Trust me I really do like you and we have so much in common too!"

Last edited:
As opposed to the alternative in 2008 who was fine with our troops being there a hundred years, or the alternative this year who also thought it was too soon to withdraw our troops from Iraq.

To me, that's an important distinction.

Or the guy you plan to vote for who is the King of the Drones, doubled down in Afghanistan, bombed Libya, hasn't ruled out Iran or Syria, and merely plans to remove the troops he doubled down with in Afghanistan by 2014. All while cutting military funding during it, asking us to pay more into our medical benefits (didn't see any Scott Walker type protests about that from the left), and taking credit for what Navy SEALs did. Yep, regular winner you've got there.

I'll do the country, like I did Massachusetts:doh

"I have a car elevator, biatch!"

My bad. I read what you were saying incorrectly. I though you said you DIDN'T hold President Obama for the killing of OBL.

I give president obama full credit for killing obl. Unlike candidate mccain and romney he made the correct choice in deciding that it is right to violate pakistani sovereignty.

I give president obama full credit for killing obl. Unlike candidate mccain and romney he made the correct choice in deciding that it is right to violate pakistani sovereignty.

But it was wrong to violate Iraqi sovereignty? Which is it? You, Catawba, and the rest of the libs have got to pick which side you're on here. You can't keep Romneying around and deciding that it's okay if President Obama does it but not if President Bush does. Come on.
BTW, full credit is over the top. Some credit is fine. Full is too much. He didn't put in 4 hours a day on the range for years practicing for that one instance where he got to create hydrostatic shock in the chest of the most wanted criminal in the world.

Or the guy you plan to vote for who is the King of the Drones, doubled down in Afghanistan, bombed Libya, hasn't ruled out Iran or Syria, and merely plans to remove the troops he doubled down with in Afghanistan by 2014. All while cutting military funding during it, asking us to pay more into our medical benefits (didn't see any Scott Walker type protests about that from the left), and taking credit for what Navy SEALs did. Yep, regular winner you've got there.

The only viable alternative to the conservative Obama is someone even more hawkish who has promised to up the ante. Why would I vote for someone worse than Obama?

Back
Top Bottom