• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Subprime Auto Loans

Care to comment?

Yea, by that I mean they have not paid back "tens of billions" ($45 billion apparently) in bailout money and until we see how the IPO shapes up, that is a net loss for the taxpayer...

Their entry into the sub-prime market is a business decision. If we don't want them to make business decisions, our government should have let them fold.

Our government should have let them fold because of their previous business decisions.

Yea, by that I mean they have not paid back "tens of billions" ($45 billion apparently) in bailout money and until we see how the IPO shapes up, that is a net loss for the taxpayer...

Losses are different than debt. While losses can be debt driven, not all debt is loss driven. Vocabulary is key in this regard.

Losses are different than debt. While losses can be debt driven, not all debt is loss driven. Vocabulary is key in this regard.

Their "debt" is basically a loss for the taxpayers at this point. Generally I would agree with you, but I think it is somewhat different with all the taxpayer money on the line.

There is a lot of speculation that their sales last quarter were only up because of sell offs to rental dealers etc... we will see if it keeps up. I hope they can pay the money back, but it remains to be seen, and I think it is better viewed as a loss currently.

Back
Top Bottom