• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Subliterate Tea Party Congressman Sends Insults To Obama, Misspells Them

head of joaquin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
You can't make this stuff up. Another semi-literate member of the Tea Party Occupation Forces in Congress, Chuck Fleischmann of Tennessee, tried to send a satiric, insulting letter to Obama, to score some idiotic political points, but instead he only showed his bad orthography.

Subliteracy -- conservatives are soaking in it.

Daily Kos: Tea Party Congressman's card to Obama filled with misspellings

Mr. President,
Welcome to beautiful Chattanooga. We appreciate you are in town, celebriting the businesses that have come to Tennessee thanks to our low regulation, low taxes, and right to work policies. While here, I invite you to visist a few historical natural attractions like Ruby Falls, a true Chattanooga treasure. However, Obamacare is making it difficult to maintain or grow businesses of this size. Even though Tennessee's strong leadership has put us in a better position than most we're not immune to the burdens this policy is placing on Americans across the country.

Best,

Chuck Fleischmann

There was also a misspelling of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, which Chuck wrote as "1600 Pensylvannia Avenue." Jesus.

Academics - Media - Government

When the best they got is a spell check you know the nerve ending has been struck hard.

You can't make this stuff up. Another semi-literate member of the Tea Party Occupation Forces in Congress, Chuck Fleischmann of Tennessee, tried to send a satiric, insulting letter to Obama, to score some idiotic political points, but instead he only showed his bad orthography.

There was also a misspelling of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, which Chuck wrote as "1600 Pensylvannia Avenue." Jesus.

How do we know this letter is real? Seems like a fake to me, everyone has spell check.

So you're gloating about somebody you disagree with politically making three typos? Haven't you got anything better to do?

So you're gloating about somebody you disagree with politically making three typos? Haven't you got anything better to do?

That too. But mostly I'm pointing out the subliteracy of the tea party and their idiotic attempts to be satirical when they can't even spell.

Their intellectual laziness in orthography is part of their overall ignorance and intellectual bankruptcy.

Did that help clarify?

That too. But mostly I'm pointing out the subliteracy of the tea party and their idiotic attempts to be satirical when they can't even spell.

Their intellectual laziness in orthography is part of their overall ignorance and intellectual bankruptcy.

Did that help clarify?

I guess. I hate the tea party, too, but it's not because they are predisposed to misspellings. :shrug:

I guess. I hate the tea party, too, but it's not because they are predisposed to misspellings. :shrug:

There's a connection to intellectual laziness and moral bankruptcy. If Reagan and Bush didn't teach you that, nothing can.

There's a connection to intellectual laziness and moral bankruptcy. If Reagan and Bush didn't teach you that, nothing can.

Reagan and Bush were both cunning politicians whose reputations were intentionally cultivated. Republican voters are turned off by intellectuals, so it helped them to be perceived as everymen. If you fell for the public personas they put on then that says more about your naivete than anything.

Did that help clarify?

I love how you like to use "if this is one is like then they are all like that" reasoning.
:lol:

Reagan and Bush were both cunning politicians whose reputations were intentionally cultivated. Republican voters are turned off by intellectuals, so it helped them to be perceived as everymen. If you fell for the public personas they put on then that says more about your naivete than anything.

Being cunning has nothing to do with intellectual rigor or curiosity, and as I say, intellectual laziness leads ineluctably to moral bankruptcy (which was Orwell's main thesis). I'm not talking about intellectuals, I'm talking about intellectually honest. Reagan invented the use of the factoid ("trees pollute") as political rhetoric, which has poisoned our political discourse ever since and is the basis of conservative "arguments".

I love how you like to use "if this is one is like then they are all like that" reasoning.
:lol:

Do you really want more examples of tea party illiteracy, starting maybe with Palin?

Do you really want more examples of tea party illiteracy, starting maybe with Palin?

Should I point out every other politicians of different politics beliefs when they make dumb mistakes. Like when Mr. Obama didn't know how many states are in the union. Just saying the logical of 1=100% of a group is juvenile in thinking.

Last edited:
Being cunning has nothing to do with intellectual rigor or curiosity, and as I say, intellectual laziness leads ineluctably to moral bankruptcy (which was Orwell's main thesis). I'm not talking about intellectuals, I'm talking about intellectually honest. Reagan invented the use of the factoid ("trees pollute") as political rhetoric, which has poisoned our political discourse ever since and is the basis of conservative "arguments".

No. You are trying to pivot from your main argument without admitting it. You started by making fun of tea partners for typos, now you're equivocating about what "intellectual" means to try to account for the fact that successful politicians are, without exception, neither stupid nor lazy. The only intellectual dishonest is yours. I don't know if that necessarily means you're morally bankrupt, but according your own argument it does.

No. You are trying to pivot from your main argument without admitting it. You started by making fun of tea partners for typos, now you're equivocating about what "intellectual" means to try to account for the fact that successful politicians are, without exception, neither stupid nor lazy. The only intellectual dishonest is yours. I don't know if that necessarily means you're morally bankrupt, but according your own argument it does.

No equivocation at all. Subliteracy (and bad orthography) is a constant in the tea party and conservatism generally. Remember all the typos in the Romney campaign? Of course you don't. Selective memory.

But smarminess linked with ignorance has become the hallmark of the conservative movement. And Chuck's little postcard is a perfect objective correlative of this fact.

Should I point out every other politicians of different politics beliefs when they make dumb mistakes. Like when Mr. Obama didn't know how many states are in the union. Just saying the logical of 1=100% of a group is juvenile in thinking.
Well, of course, it is. What's funny is the hasty generalization and then talking about intellectual rigor. :3oops:

If you're going to be petty, then polish your own act. Someone as erudite as you should know where end-quote marks go in American English.

NO! NO! Start with that picture of the guy with the sign saying, "Get a brain, morans!"
That's my favourite.

That's what's wrong with the American conservative movement. They used to have William F Buckley and Ayn Rand. Now they have Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter. In an effort to not leave anyone behind they've left behind anyone with a three-digit IQ.

Please don't mention the fact that typos are hardly partisan. :roll:

That's what's wrong with the American conservative movement. They used to have William F Buckley and Ayn Rand. Now they have Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter. In an effort to not leave anyone behind they've left behind anyone with a three-digit IQ.

William F. Buckley was eloquent but not exactly an intellectual giant. Ayn Rand is a psuedo-philosopher and laughingstock.

So... you're wrong.

No equivocation at all. Subliteracy (and bad orthography) is a constant in the tea party and conservatism generally. Remember all the typos in the Romney campaign? Of course you don't. Selective memory.

But smarminess linked with ignorance has become the hallmark of the conservative movement. And Chuck's little postcard is a perfect objective correlative of this fact.

You are equivocating in this very post. Typos and misspellings are my the same as ignorance. You're really just making an ass out of yourself.

Please don't mention the fact that typos are hardly partisan. :roll:

Subliteracy, attacks on intellectuals, use of junk science is. And the tea party is soaking in that.

Back
Top Bottom