• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Subliterate Tea Party Congressman Sends Insults To Obama, Misspells Them

You are equivocating in this very post. Typos and misspellings are my the same as ignorance. You're really just making an ass out of yourself.

Subliteracy takes many form. Bad orthography is one of them. Are you really trying to refudiate the anti-intellectualism of the tea party. Why, just ask Sarah about refudication.

That's what's wrong with the American conservative movement. They used to have William F Buckley and Ayn Rand. Now they have Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter. In an effort to not leave anyone behind they've left behind anyone with a three-digit IQ.

BINGO!

Can you imagine what Buckley would have thought of Palin, Issa, Cruz and the rest of the knownothings?

There's a connection to intellectual laziness and moral bankruptcy. If Reagan and Bush didn't teach you that, nothing can.
Please tell me wise sage, what is so grand about being a progressive? What motivates you? What is the difference between you and the run of the mill bigoted tea bagger?

Subliteracy takes many form. Bad orthography is one of them. Are you really trying to refudiate the anti-intellectualism of the tea party. Why, just ask Sarah about refudication.

So is it poor orthography, literacy, ignorance, or anti intellectualism or some combination of these? Or whatever suits you at a given moment to evade admitting the fact tha you are being petty?

BINGO!

Can you imagine what Buckley would have thought of Palin, Issa, Cruz and the rest of the knownothings?

Buckley was an aristocratic, elitist prick; who cares what he would think?

You can't make this stuff up. Another semi-literate member of the Tea Party Occupation Forces in Congress, Chuck Fleischmann of Tennessee, tried to send a satiric, insulting letter to Obama, to score some idiotic political points, but instead he only showed his bad orthography.

Subliteracy -- conservatives are soaking in it.

Daily Kos: Tea Party Congressman's card to Obama filled with misspellings

There was also a misspelling of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, which Chuck wrote as "1600 Pensylvannia Avenue." Jesus.
This is not a can of worms you want to open there are just as many idiotic democrats out there.

You can't make this stuff up. Another semi-literate member of the Tea Party Occupation Forces in Congress, Chuck Fleischmann of Tennessee, tried to send a satiric, insulting letter to Obama, to score some idiotic political points, but instead he only showed his bad orthography.

There was also a misspelling of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, which Chuck wrote as "1600 Pensylvannia Avenue." Jesus.

Another triumph of the public education system.

Did you make this kind of stink when Obama talked about having been in 57 states with one left to go?

Seriously HoJ, can you sink any lower? Or is this week just that slow for you? People make mistakes. Get over it.

This post is ironic...can anyone see why?

Subliteracy, attacks on intellectuals, use of junk science is. And the tea party is soaking in that.

Oh, it is? Do you by chance have an example to offer? Just one Tea Party group soaking in subliteracy and attacks on intellectuals? Have you a list? And if so, how did you obtain it? Did you Google all the names and vet their academic credentials?

I'd be grateful if you'd share your data. TIA.

Being cunning has nothing to do with intellectual rigor or curiosity,

From my point of view the problem is not that Republicans are cunning but are not cunning enough. At least they are not cunning enough to realize that Democrats are their adversaries in politics and Republicans should not be having as their goal being liked by them.

and as I say, intellectual laziness leads ineluctably to moral bankruptcy (which was Orwell's main thesis).

I thought Orwell's main thesis was how authoritarians acquire and maintain their power.

I'm not talking about intellectuals, I'm talking about intellectually[sic] honest[sic].

I decided not to fix it for you.:2razz: Speaking of intellectual honesty what was dishonest in his statement?

Reagan invented the use of the factoid ("trees pollute") as political rhetoric,

The trees he did mention do pollute there is a reason the mountain range is called the Smokey Mountains.

which has poisoned our political discourse ever since and is the basis of conservative "arguments".

Nah, it was poisoned well before probably at least as far back as FDR.

Last edited:
Did you make this kind of stink when Obama talked about having been in 57 states with one left to go?

Seriously HoJ, can you sink any lower? Or is this week just that slow for you? People make mistakes. Get over it.

Maybe because misspeaking isn't the same as subliteracy, hatred of intellectuals and junk science -- the mother's milk of conservatism?

This is not a can of worms you want to open there are just as many idiotic democrats out there.

Oh I want to open up the discussion of the subliteracy of the conservative tea party movement. Conservatives are subliterate, hate intellectuals, and engage in junk science. So bring it on.

William F. Buckley was eloquent but not exactly an intellectual giant. Ayn Rand is a psuedo-philosopher and laughingstock.

So... you're wrong.

Thanks for that. I love irony.

BINGO!

I can hear the snicker and see the wrinkles grinning. I used to like that guy because he made it crystal clear what I was opposing.

Misspelling words is one thing and has become acceptable with the current dumbing down of America. Spell check hardware makes it even worse.

But there's no excuse reading from a teleprompter and mispronouncing "Navy Corpsman" just not once but three times with in a couple of minutes and saying "Navy corpse man."

Another instance of conservative disrespect for public education. Thanks for making my point.

Your point is so well hidden, it's often hard to make it out.

Could you please remove your hat?

Maybe because misspeaking isn't the same as subliteracy, hatred of intellectuals and junk science -- the mother's milk of conservatism?

Misspeaking huh? He actually stood there and thought about it before actually saying it. How the hell can that be "misspeaking"?

So...your week is slow huh?

Back
Top Bottom