• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Subjugating American Government

Burning Giraffe

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The United States Government is unsustainable, corrupt, arrogant, and despotic. For decades, every time one party has led us down an irresponsible road, we've "corrected" course by putting the opposition party in power, hoping that a change in Party would result in a change in circumstances. This hope demonstrates the naive temperament of the American electorate and hints at a widespread malaise and laziness on the part of voters. The fact is, for generations we have overestimated our value as voters and romanticized our influence as participants in the "democratic process".

The two party system has manufactured an entrenched Political Class in this country, out from under which the American People can no longer stray freely. We are no longer governed by citizen legislators. Rather, we are ruled by bureaucrats and party officials who have far more in common with their political "opposition" than they do with the breadth of the American Citizenry. As anger grows against President Obama's Administration and against the Democrat-controlled Congress, we must remember the tendencies and failures of the Republican Establishment going forward.

There is no serious political, secular, or religious establishment in the United States of America that serves in opposition to the power of government. Churches and Businesses go hat in hand to government looking for tax-breaks and tax-incentives, looking for compromises that would ensure some mutual benefit at the expense of America's workers. The United States government is the most dangerous and radical enemy facing the American People and instead of widespread resistance, our schools, our businesses, our churches, and our "journalistic" media cooperate with this government in hopes of gaining some economic advantage. This is what happens when the citizens allow their government to have this much power and this much influence over the US economy.

The time to subjugate Americas' bureaucrats and politicians is now. They ought to either work for us as members of State and Federal government, or else they need to work with us in the private sector. The time for compromise, tolerance, and cooperation is over. The American People don't need President Obama to tell us "whose ass to kick". Our politicians and bureaucrats have demonstrated such disgusting displays of arrogance and incompetence that our willingness to remain peaceful toward them is a sign of our willingness to be ruled. The only way to remain peaceful and tolerant of our government is to ensure that they are subjugated to us and not the other way around. The only way to ensure that our government is subjugated to us is to limit all federal and state authority at every turn and to take responsibility for ourselves and our communities.

Republicans and Democrats need to put the fear of God in the Republican and Democrat Parties. Instead of letting our rulers divide and conquer the American People through a divisive media and nihilistic education system, we must begin putting unmitigated pressure on our politicians to back down and back off. We must be willing to forgo whatever gifts and advantages they promise us on behalf of our liberty. We must not sell our freedom for handouts and bailouts and entitlements and regulation. We must not sell our freedom for security. Freedom means insecurity and we are either courageous enough to handle it, or else we are destined to be ruled by a gang of weak and pathetic bureaucrats and parasites who exist to meddle in every aspect of our lives.

Last edited:
I believe the reason why we the people continue to do this to ourselves is because we view that only certain things are possible with the State, that the free market is inherently corrupt, that lack of a state presence will cause chaos and that things like our implementation of intellectual property laws(which is just a state sponsored monopolization of information) and bail outs and such influence people to innovate. It doesn't matter how on the contrary that all is with all of the chaos that the State is responsible for, with all of the corruption that got created because of the State and really a corrosion of innovation and civil liberty that only the State can do. Another problem is that any real change would be seen as unamerican because that's how far we've gone. I used to think that the constant mentioning of our forefathers by conservatives was unnecessary and pointless. The truth is though, many of us are bleeding nationalist who's love for our Country is second only to God. It is this love for our Country and not the State that has empowered the State. It is also this love for the Country that will change our State in a way that is more representative of the bottom-top federation we used to be. Why? Because today if you can't say it in a short sweet patriotic slogan, it's not worth fighting for. I think there needs to be a lot more erosion of liberty and control of economy in order for us to have meaningful change outside of exploiting the nationalism of our people.

what was it John Adams said
There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.

yet these two opposing parties are so deeply entrenched in the American psyche that dislodging them would be nigh on impossible.

The United States Government is unsustainable, corrupt, arrogant, and despotic. For decades, every time one party has led us down an irresponsible road, we've "corrected" course by putting the opposition party in power, hoping that a change in Party would result in a change in circumstances. This hope demonstrates the naive temperament of the American electorate and hints at a widespread malaise and laziness on the part of voters. The fact is, for generations we have overestimated our value as voters and romanticized our influence as participants in the "democratic process".

Hey Burning Giraffe .....GOOD post....no, it's a GREAT POST.....

I hate to break it to you but all
Government[s are] unsustainable, corrupt, arrogant, and despotic
Not just the US.

Every country suffers from the very problems you point out.

I believe the reason why we the people continue to do this to ourselves is because we view that only certain things are possible with the State, that the free market is inherently corrupt, that lack of a state presence will cause chaos and that things like our implementation of intellectual property laws(which is just a state sponsored monopolization of information) and bail outs and such influence people to innovate. It doesn't matter how on the contrary that all is with all of the chaos that the State is responsible for, with all of the corruption that got created because of the State and really a corrosion of innovation and civil liberty that only the State can do. Another problem is that any real change would be seen as unamerican because that's how far we've gone. I used to think that the constant mentioning of our forefathers by conservatives was unnecessary and pointless. The truth is though, many of us are bleeding nationalist who's love for our Country is second only to God. It is this love for our Country and not the State that has empowered the State. It is also this love for the Country that will change our State in a way that is more representative of the bottom-top federation we used to be. Why? Because today if you can't say it in a short sweet patriotic slogan, it's not worth fighting for. I think there needs to be a lot more erosion of liberty and control of economy in order for us to have meaningful change outside of exploiting the nationalism of our people.

I don't know about that. I don't think people are hungry for nationalism. I think they are hungry for freedom. I think people are finally realizing that every time they give the government responsibility for something, whatever it is, the government screws it up and then punishes the people. Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians... we all can see that this government is dysfunctional and corrupt. If people can't see that they are no longer being governed, but ruled; if they can't tell the difference, if they can't see that we are no longer heading toward the cliff, but over it, I don't know what they'll need to wake up.

I'm finished arguing with my liberal friends. I'm just as responsible as they are. I've voted for Democrats and Republicans that have had their hand in this mess. But I'm not doing it anymore. I am voting against every incumbent being challenged by new blood, currently uncorrupted by party politics. I used to list "Experience" as the most important thing I looked for in a candidate, but now... I'm not sure experience matters.

The only way for the people to resist a government that creates chaos in society is for society to create chaos in its government - and that happens by voting the vast majority of our elected officials out of office. We've got to do more than just protest politicians. We need to protest the Bureaucracy. We need to hold rallies outside of Health Departments, outside the Department of Agriculture, Health and Human Services, and the Labor Department. We have to become utterly antagonistic to our government. Forget it. Not even OUR government. Their government. The "Ruling Class's Government".

Forget Nationalism. I am not a loyal citizen of this American Government, regardless of how many flags they wave.

yet these two opposing parties are so deeply entrenched in the American psyche that dislodging them would be nigh on impossible.

Not if the American people view themselves as unified in their disgust and hatred of the United States Government itself. Let's stop blaming the parties and start blaming the government from the top down.

Not if the American people view themselves as unified in their disgust and hatred of the United States Government itself. Let's stop blaming the parties and start blaming the government from the top down.

the problem with that is the two party system is self perpetuating, each party is used as the other ones scapegoat, and people think they're changing something by changing parties, and the American people aren't willing to realise that they are largely ineffective when it comes to politics in their country.

I'm finished arguing with my liberal friends. I'm just as responsible as they are. I've voted for Democrats and Republicans that have had their hand in this mess. But I'm not doing it anymore. I am voting against every incumbent being challenged by new blood, currently uncorrupted by party politics.

Sorry to see that you wouldn't support candidates like Eric Cantor, Tom McClintock, Dana Rohrabacher, Ron Paul, Jim DeMint and others who did not support TARP, porkulus and Obamacare.

TARP
U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll681.xml#N

Stimulus
GovTrack: House Vote On Passage: H.R. 1: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009

Obamacare
GovTrack: Senate Vote On Passage: H.R. 3590: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

I used to list "Experience" as the most important thing I looked for in a candidate, but now... I'm not sure experience matters.

Agreed.

the problem with that is the two party system is self perpetuating, each party is used as the other ones scapegoat, and people think they're changing something by changing parties, and the American people aren't willing to realise that they are largely ineffective when it comes to politics in their country.

We just threw the Republicans out of office because of their irresponsible and lazy governing. Now we're about to throw the Democrats we replaced them with out of office. If the Republicans retake the Congress and fail to do a decent job, we can just throw them out as well, until some group of politicians, be they from one party or a cooperative group from both, get it right. More and more people are becoming interested in responsible Constitutional government. More and more people are beginning to realize that the most dangerous branch of government is the bureaucracy.

You've got Chris Dodd and Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid admitting that they don't know how any of their programs are going to really work until the bureaucracy crafts the finer details and implements new regulations. The Bureaucracy seems more powerful than the executive branch in this regard. The Legislators give the Bureaucracy their checks and mandates, but the bureaucracy governs and rules. That they are doing such a terrible job has exposed their power.

It hasn't mattered which party was in power over the last twenty years. Government has grown and our society has become less liberated, less individualistic, less capitalistic, less prosperous. The United States Government, not Iraq, or Afghanistan or Iran, is the biggest threat to American Liberties. We're fighting all the wrong wars here.

There are a handful of incumbents that I would vote for, but I don't have a single representative in North Carolina that is worth keeping that I can vote for.

Back
Top Bottom