• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

subforum for debate

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Would it be possible to create an invite only subforum for debate? Consistently intelligent conversation would be refreshing.

(Of course, I might not pass muster :2razz:)

Would it be possible to create an invite only subforum for debate? Consistently intelligent conversation would be refreshing.

(Of course, I might not pass muster :2razz:)

This idea was tossed around before but I don't think it's going to happen. The main problem is... if there is an "intelligent only" section, does that make the rest of the boards lower caliber? It could cause big divisions in the community. What's the point of having a sub-board for civility and intelligence when that is supposed to be the purpose of the entire site?

Other than that:

First, you have to determine what the criteria for getting an invite to this sub-forum would be.

Second, you'd have to come up with regulations for those who make it inside. For instance, would they be in addition to the general forum rules?

Third, you'd have to come up with consequences for those who don't follow the regulations, and the mod team would have to agree to their enforcement.

IMO, if we are creating a sub-section to run to because the rest of the site is so bad, then it means the rest of the site needs our attention and it shouldn't be avoided.

Back
Top Bottom