• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Su-37 the best plane on earth ?

Ya, saw this plane at the Munich show in the late 90s. At it's debut, it was definitely an "oh ****e" moment for the US and the planned euro fighter. It sent both scrambling back to the drawing board. Not so sure it's still the best.. but it's still an amazing plane.

I know a couple of guys in NYS that bought a couple of Czech fighter trainers... I wonder if any of these are available now...

Inferior avionics packages to US aircraft, RVV is nice, but the R-73 is inferior, especially to the upcoming block III AIM-9s. From rumor, maintanance time per flight hour is elevated. It is a fun aircraft, but I would not call it the best in the world.

Ya, saw this plane at the Munich show in the late 90s. At it's debut, it was definitely an "oh ****e" moment for the US and the planned euro fighter. It sent both scrambling back to the drawing board. Not so sure it's still the best.. but it's still an amazing plane.

I know a couple of guys in NYS that bought a couple of Czech fighter trainers... I wonder if any of these are available now...

In the late 90's, in the Russian civil war, and there was an economic crisis. At the present time getting better. Now - army buys new weapons. In the late 90's you've probably seen the SU-35. This is also a good airplane. SU - 37 a new plane (although superficially similar to the SU-35.

Inferior avionics packages to US aircraft, RVV is nice, but the R-73 is inferior, especially to the upcoming block III AIM-9s. From rumor, maintanance time per flight hour is elevated. It is a fun aircraft, but I would not call it the best in the world.

What, in your opinion, the best aircraft in the world?

Perfect Enemy. SU-37 VS F-22

Though I loves our F-15, the Sukoi must be the most beautiful and graceful airplane today. :cool:

I received an email of the plane flying at Paris this year--how gorgeous.

Maybe I'm stuck in the past, but to me, the SR-71 black bird is still number one for me. It was the Bugatti veyron of its time, and it's time lasted almost 40 years. It was a breakthrough, it's technology led to breakthroughs in the commercial world. The new jets like the f-22 owe their very existence to this one plane.

It has, and likely, always will be the apple of my eye.

It's certainly a great looking plane. However, I remember people saying the same thing about the Mig-25 years ago, until the Russian pilot defected to Japan with one of them. After 'looking' at it for a week or so before we sent it back, we concluded that maybe it wasn't.

Maybe I'm stuck in the past, but to me, the SR-71 black bird is still number one for me. It was the Bugatti veyron of its time, and it's time lasted almost 40 years. It was a breakthrough, it's technology led to breakthroughs in the commercial world. The new jets like the f-22 owe their very existence to this one plane.

Another terrific looking - and terrific performing - plane.

How is this aircraft better than an F-22? I don't see it.

PAK FA T-50 - better. And SU -37, at least not worse than the f-22. Anyway, more maneuverable.

There are a whole host of factors that have to go into considering what makes a great fighter aircraft. Maneuverability is just one of them. Avionics package to include radar systems, electronic countermeasure systems, payload capabilities, overall range without need for refuel, average maintenance man hours per flight hour, intercept range, etc.....I know the SU-37 is tops with regards to maneuverability. Not sure where it stacks up in the other areas...

There are a whole host of factors that have to go into considering what makes a great fighter aircraft. Maneuverability is just one of them. Avionics package to include radar systems, electronic countermeasure systems, payload capabilities, overall range without need for refuel, average maintenance man hours per flight hour, intercept range, etc.....I know the SU-37 is tops with regards to maneuverability. Not sure where it stacks up in the other areas...

The performance characteristics of the Su-37
Wingspan 14.70 m;
22.18 m length of the plane;
Aircraft height 6.43 m
Weight, kg:
Normal take-off 25,700
Maximum takeoff 34,000.
Empty 18.400.
PERFORMANCE.
The maximum speed of 2,500 km / m;
the maximum speed at sea 1,400 km / h;
service ceiling of 18,000 m;
practical range without drop tanks 3200 km;
practical range at extremely low altitude 3,450 km;
Ferry range with a mid-air refueling 6500 km;
Required runway length of 1200 m

Ahh yes the SR-71. She was a beautiful beast, she was. Still the fastest air breathing production aircraft in the world. She wasn't cutting edge technology she was the bleeding edge and innovator.

If flown by pilots with skill, the Su-37 is a very dangerous aircraft and in certain situations more than a match for the F-22. Do not underestimate Soviet aircraft. If World War 3 would have happened in the Eighties it would have ended up playing out the exact Reverse of the way we thought. Our armor kicking the hell out of the Soviets armor and our aircraft in a very contested airspace. The MIG 29 and Su-27 were no jokes and their derivatives aren't either.

If flown by pilots with skill, the Su-37 is a very dangerous aircraft and in certain situations more than a match for the F-22. Do not underestimate Soviet aircraft. If World War 3 would have happened in the Eighties it would have ended up playing out the exact Reverse of the way we thought. Our armor kicking the hell out of the Soviets armor and our aircraft in a very contested airspace. The MIG 29 and Su-27 were no jokes and their derivatives aren't either.

This is always the trick isn't it? So when will they field them?

Last edited:
This is always the trick isn't it? So when will they field them?

You been to an airshow with soviet pilots then you know they got some skill. The Russians make some of the best aerobatic planes on earth. They can fly em too.

You been to an airshow with soviet pilots then you know they got some skill. The Russians make some of the best aerobatic planes on earth. They can fly em too.

And as they demonstrated in Paris years ago with the Mig 29 accident, they make terrific ejection seats. :)

Back
Top Bottom