• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sturm Ruger sales jump 19%

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gun sales in America are still soaring, pushing Sturm Ruger's sales and profits sharply higher this quarter.
The company said its sales were driven by several new products, including the American Pistol, the LC9s pistol, the Precision Rifle and the AR-556s modern sporting rifle.
Sturm Ruger sales climb 19% - Aug. 2, 2016

S&W stock also hit an all time high.

Gun sales in America are still soaring, pushing Sturm Ruger's sales and profits sharply higher this quarter.
The company said its sales were driven by several new products, including the American Pistol, the LC9s pistol, the Precision Rifle and the AR-556s modern sporting rifle.

They are the largest gun manufacturer for a good reason. I bet they send thank you cards to the Whitehouse. I wonder if all these sales will make the price of the Precision Rife drop a little. That is one sweet rifle.

They are the largest gun manufacturer for a good reason. I bet they send thank you cards to the Whitehouse. I wonder if all these sales will make the price of the Precision Rife drop a little. That is one sweet rifle.

Taurus, is the only company that I have seen with a serious price drop on their products. And now after San Berdoo, Orlando, Dallas, Baton Rouge and all the political crap.....demand is so high, I think prices will stay high.

Taurus, is the only company that I have seen with a serious price drop on their products. And now after San Berdoo, Orlando, Dallas, Baton Rouge and all the political crap.....demand is so high, I think prices will stay high.

Your right. I was just engaging in wishful thinking. Finding a good deal on ammo is also becoming almost impossible. I had to take up reloading to make it affordable. I may have to look up the local laws on building my own guns if prices get too out of hand.

I did my part, love Rugers. I don't even know off the top of my head how many of them I own.

Your right. I was just engaging in wishful thinking. Finding a good deal on ammo is also becoming almost impossible. I had to take up reloading to make it affordable. I may have to look up the local laws on building my own guns if prices get too out of hand.

Rolling your own is more time consuming, but it sure is a lot cheaper. Been doing it for 37 years, initially, out of necessity. Cast my own bullets too.

I know several folks who build their own ...and not just rifles. The 1911 .45 can also be completed from an 80% lower ...and no serial numbers.
Once you have the setup, it rolls right along. The AR platform is so versatile, the options seem limitless. :lol:

I did my part, love Rugers. I don't even know off the top of my head how many of them I own.

Me either.....lost count. :cool:

That made me laugh as I don't know either. I had to check the inventory sheet.

Of course, the inventory sheet is just a memento of what I lost in that horrible boating accident of '09.

Of course, the inventory sheet is just a memento of what I lost in that horrible boating accident of '09.

I just wrote down what I remembered... 16 of them, but I got a nagging feeling I'm forgetting something. Only 2 rifles in the lot an AR-556 (newest edition to the collection) and a Gunsite Scout Rifle, the rest are revolvers sans the MarkII and 1911.

Bought 10K of Ruger stock a few years ago-my brother a summa from Columbia with a MBA said it was an OK investment. Now he said-GOOD MOVE. WE have a local ammo company-Midwest Ammo-owned by some friends of mine. They are looking at cranking out millions of rounds in their 3-4th year of operation. They get all the range brass from a chain of indoor ranges and have all sorts of state of the art sorting, loading and checking gear. I load my own but I buy rifle ammo from them and FMJ 9mm for my son's comp gun. Its good to have a local manufacturer who has the ability to keep loading when stuff to individuals gets hard to find.

I am upgrading my AR 15 collection now as well figuring if the Cankler gets in, there will be a rush on ARs and I can unload some of the ones I use the least or have the least amount of features I now prefer.

You gotta love the banners, they have put millions of guns on the streets. Massive backfire!

You gotta love the banners, they have put millions of guns on the streets. Massive backfire!

Yep, and in the Gun stores in my area, MagPul Magazines are being sold like crazy. Anderson lower receivers (made in nearby Hebron Ky, near the Greater Cincinnati Airport) are selling like hotcakes too. 50-70 bucks a piece-people are stocking up on them because if there is another Bannerrhoid Gasm like there was in 94, you are on record as owning that "rifle" prior to the ban

Well I did my part, I own eight Ruger's at this point, four of their rifles and four of their handguns. Like the new American, feels good in the hand but cannot convince myself to buy another handgun right now, but I believe it going to be a big seller.

Well I did my part, I own eight Ruger's at this point, four of their rifles and four of their handguns. Like the new American, feels good in the hand but cannot convince myself to buy another handgun right now, but I believe it going to be a big seller.

That's the spirit!

Wow- I had a similar unfortunate incident myself.

I feel your pain.

Back
Top Bottom