• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sturgis?

I just heard on CBS News that there are now 300 cases of Covid linked to the Sturgis Rally.

But, the MLK demo and the riots had zero effect on the spread? Yeah, somebody's lying about one of them. :lamo

Actually in mid April stay at home Protests took place in front of Michigan’s state Capitol And I fully expected That at end of April or the beginning of May Michigan would see a spike in Covid 19 cases.

To my amazement it did not happen.

I would have blamed the protesters if there was a spike .

Later there were reports that the early George Floyd BLM protests did not cause a spike in Covid 19.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I read that experts claimed the evidence showed that wearing masks outside did cut the risk of the spread of Covid 19.

I agree it doesn’t make sense. But it seems that is what happened.

That and probably the fact most BLM protesters were healthy and those who were not young or healthy bodied had enough sense to stay inside where it was safer.

I just heard on CBS News that there are now 300 cases of Covid linked to the Sturgis Rally.

Covid 19 cases spread very quickly that’s why testing and contact tracing is essential to slow the spread.

Sturgis 2020 had approx 365,979 people in attendance. There are currently over 300 infections that are believed to be directly related to Sturgis,,,but there is no way of knowing if they actually contracted the virus at Sturgis or in their home state. In Minnesota there are currently believed to be 50 cases of viral infection believed to be related to Sturgis 2020...in a state that has averaged approx 675 new cases every single day. There has been ONE death associated with COVID...an over 60 year old male with a history of co-morbid ailments.

The response to this is telling. Some will see a gathering of 365,979 with a .0008% infection rate and 1 death as a reason to dig a deeper hole to climb in, while others will see that as justification for living their lives without shutting down an entire nations economy and destroying the lives and businesses of thousands...maybe 100s of thousands when this is all said and done.

Meanwhile...by May of 2020 in a study released by the Well Being Trust and the American Academy of Family Physicians, stated that as of May there were 75,000 and currently estimated to be 150,000 "deaths of despair" which factored in isolation and uncertainty when it calculated the expected deaths from suicide, alcohol and drugs, based on nine unemployment scenarios.

Choose.

Actually in mid April stay at home Protests took place in front of Michigan’s state Capitol And I fully expected That at end of April or the beginning of May Michigan would see a spike in Covid 19 cases.

To my amazement it did not happen.

I would have blamed the protesters if there was a spike .

Later there were reports that the early George Floyd BLM protests did not cause a spike in Covid 19.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I read that experts claimed the evidence showed that wearing masks outside did cut the risk of the spread of Covid 19.

I agree it doesn’t make sense. But it seems that is what happened.

That and probably the fact most BLM protesters were healthy and those who were not young or healthy bodied had enough sense to stay inside where it was safer.

But the MLK demo and the commie riots have had zero effect? Riiiiiiight!! :lamo

But, the MLK demo and the riots had zero effect on the spread? Yeah, somebody's lying about one of them. :lamo

If someone is saying that riots are not worsening the spread COVID-19, then yes they are lying.

But the MLK demo and the commie riots have had zero effect? Riiiiiiight!! :lamo

Did you notice I said the early protests and I also qualified the protesters when I said they were all wearing masks.

Michigan had many BLM protests soon after George Floyd’s death.

Yet Michigan did not have spike in Covid 19 numbers.

Explain why ?

Last edited:
Really? Trump's convention speech was less than a week ago and we already know that we had at least 4 infections traced to the rally in Charlotte. - Access Denied

It can show up to as little as 5 days, and up to 14 days. Do you have a point?

They used the biker's cellphones to trace them....(5g towers everywhere now)

That's over half the country, isn't it?

"I see outbreaks...outbreaks everywhere" - Buzz Lightyear

Just need 3G towers. 5G are mainly in major cities at the moment.

Did you notice I said the early protests and I also qualified the protesters when I said they were all wearing masks.

Explain why ?

Someone's lying about something, somewhere. That's why.

I've seen them in small towns and rural areas, too....and along interstate highways.

How else would they know if you just crossed the state border....

Updated: Utah to alert drivers entering Utah | coronavirus

Triangulating 3G towers. There is a record about which towers register your cell phone, and the strength of the signal. By seeing which three towers have the strength of the signal, they can fairly accurately locate where you are. You don't need 5G to do that, but 3G and 4G Lte both will be able to locate a specific cell phone.

Triangulating 3G towers. There is a record about which towers register your cell phone, and the strength of the signal. By seeing which three towers have the strength of the signal, they can fairly accurately locate where you are. You don't need 5G to do that, but 3G and 4G Lte both will be able to locate a specific cell phone.

Well, you seem to know a lot about it, so I'll just take your word for it.

Explain why ?

Someone's lying about something, somewhere. That's why.

Not an answer.

Why wasn’t there an noticeable increase in Covid 19 cases in Michigan after the stay home protests or the early BLM protests?

In May , June , and July Michigan’s positive Test rate has remained between 2.8 and 3.5 percent.

In May we testing about. 15,000 a day. We have now increased testing to over 25,000 a day.

Michigan did have an increase cases in mid June they traced to a restaurant/bar.

185 coronavirus (COVID-19) cases now linked to outbreak at East Lansing bar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom