• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stupidest comments you heard people make about music

axelthefox

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
" I like all kinds of music"

No, you don't.

Because often you don't know about more obscure bands, only what is played on the radio.

"metal is noise, all it is just screaming and banging on guitars and drums"

Are you serious, Judas Priest,Black Sabbath,Led Zeppelin never screamed in their music. You must be thinking of death metal,black metal or hardcore.

No, you don't.

Because often you don't know about more obscure bands, only what is played on the radio.

Are you serious, Judas Priest,Black Sabbath,Led Zeppelin never screamed in their music. You must be thinking of death metal,black metal or hardcore.

"I like both kinds of music, country and western."

Stupidest comments you heard people make about music.

1) Music today is crap
2) The music of the late 60's was the greatest music ever
3) The music of the 80's was the greatest music ever
4) All Rap sounds the same
5) All classical sound the same
6) Pop music shows no talent
7) Keith Richards is a great guitarist
8) Bob Dylan has a great voice
9) Disco sucks
10) The Grateful Dead suck

should I go on?

People say the stupidest things about everything all the time,.
I wonder if it will ever dawn on them that they are one of the stupidest people.

I hate that term. Some English kid playing the blues and a Maori woman singing opera also hate it.

Cultural appropriation is a real problem. Big companies take designs or inspiration from other cultures, then sell them, without giving anything back to the people they took from.

"I like older metal like Def Leppard and Poison."

No, you don't.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.
~ unknown but attributed to many

and seems to me i recall some screaming during certain led zep songs

No, you don't.

Avenged sevenfold screamed furing their first two metal albums, the screaming was less in the second, and after that they ended the screaming and went to rock instead of metal, either way screaming is not universal and many bands do it, it really depends on how much and when they do it that makes or breaks the metal music.

Classic country like Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton is good, Modern country is just rock music with a twangy accent.

Modern country is in 3 categories, the pop country of wannabe country boys latching to a fad they know nothing about, ultra pop country trying to appeal to the 12 year old girl crown like boy bands used to, and red dirt country which originally was texas red dirt country but has branched off to basically mean non pop or bro or boyband country.

Oh I should say four types, bro country, where everything is about drinking and pickup trucks, I have a station I listen to every day because they avoid the pop and bro and boyband country with a ten foot pole.

red dirt bands even makes songs about it

and seems to me i recall some screaming during certain led zep songs

One thing you have to admit... vocals on many live rock recordings are terrible. Absolutely hideous.

I often wish some famious bands had hired a professional singer for their band.

One thing you have to admit... vocals on many live rock recordings are terrible. Absolutely hideous.

I often wish some famious bands had hired a professional singer for their band.

Don't you think though that the rock music are better than much of the mumble rap and pop music out today?

Don't you think though that the rock music are better than much of the mumble rap and pop music out today?

LOL

If this is a serious question, which I am not sure of, ask a POP fan for their opinion and ask a Rap fan for their opinion.

You will quickly see that both think their music "better."

Generally speaking look how limited Rock music is. It is primarily made up of 3 instruments (drums bass and guitar)and less than profession voices. ( and 2 of the 3 are string instruments!)

Although I am a rock fan, objectively it is pretty obvious that Pop music is much more dynamic and diverse. Provably "better" depending on the definition of "better" one comes up with.

I could explain to you why people believe "their" music is better but I don't feel like offering a psychology class here. Long story short, narcissism and emotional relevance to life situations when it was consumed.

Peace

LOL

If this is a serious question, which I am not sure of, ask a POP fan for their opinion and ask a Rap fan for their opinion.

You will quickly see that both think their music "better."

Generally speaking look how limited Rock music is. It is primarily made up of 3 instruments (drums bass and guitar)and less than profession voices. ( and 2 of the 3 are string instruments!)

Although I am a rock fan, objectively it is pretty obvious that Pop music is much more dynamic and diverse. Provably "better" depending on the definition of "better" one comes up with.

I could explain to you why people believe "their" music is better but I don't feel like offering a psychology class here. Long story short, narcissism and emotional relevance to life situations when it was consumed.

Peace

I know on some sites like reddit, there are some metal fans who think that metal/rock is better than other genres.

I know on some sites like reddit, there are some metal fans who think that metal/rock is better than other genres.

and they are dolts, you can tell them I said so

peace

I do not have much use for any of them. To my mind, most rock sucks just as bad as most rap and pop music.

Metal genres are mostly(with the exception of hair metal and black metal and a few others) are superior.

Metal genres are mostly(with the exception of hair metal and black metal and a few others) are superior.

I wonder if you agree with what Gene Simmons says in the video.

Because i think he is right.

Metallica was right for sueing Napster.

I think one of the reason rock/metal isn't popular nowadays is that people are ripping mp3s or some stuff and i think it is reflected in album sales.

Nobody buying metal/rock albums and only stealing music via mp3 i think is partly ruining music.

Me, i been trying to buy cd's of bands i listen to, not just listen to them on youtube.

I wonder what you guys think about people wearing t shirts of bands that they don't even know.

One time i saw a dude wearing a Nirvana shirt and i said, like dude. You like Nirvana too?

When he didn't know what i meant.

I think i should have asked him to name 4 or 5 songs from Nirvana without looking it up on a tablet or such.

Back
Top Bottom