• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stupidest comments you heard people make about music

Many rock fans said that.

Kinda ironic too.

Because many rock bands actually put out disco songs during the 70's

KISS even had a Disco album.

So did Mick Lips and the Rolling Uglies, so did The Eagles.
It was like watching a dog walking on its hind legs....they don't do it especially well but you're amazed that they can do it.
Meanwhile I had a bumper sticker on the back of the van:

GO DISCO TONIGHT
HELP TEN MUSICIANS LOSE THEIR JOBS!

Led Zeppelin never screamed in their music.

That's all they did.
Led Zep, ripping off old black bluesmen and Plant singing like his nuts got caught in a vice.
Then later after the Zep broke up he proved he could actually sing with that album The Honeydrippers.
Pissed me off even more because I caught rations of s*** for years because I hated Zep.

And no, I don't mean cultural appropriation, I mean those old black dudes had to sue to get PAID.

1) Music today is crap
2) The music of the late 60's was the greatest music ever
3) The music of the 80's was the greatest music ever
4) All Rap sounds the same
5) All classical sound the same
6) Pop music shows no talent
7) Keith Richards is a great guitarist
8) Bob Dylan has a great voice
9) Disco sucks
10) The Grateful Dead suck

should I go on?

People say the stupidest things about everything all the time,.
I wonder if it will ever dawn on them that they are one of the stupidest people.

1) is the only one I think is probably correct.

7) Just because a guitarist isn't technically proficient, doesn't mean he can't be great.

Ringo was not a good drummer
U2 is a great band

Cultural appropriation is a real problem. Big companies take designs or inspiration from other cultures, then sell them, without giving anything back to the people they took from.
It's not a problem it's just the way reality is. When someone comes up with something original and other people like it and start doing it that's not taking any thing.

1) is the only one I think is probably correct.

7) Just because a guitarist isn't technically proficient, doesn't mean he can't be great.

Mick Jagger always looked for a better guitar because Keith is so bad... he begged Mick Taylor to stay for example.

Cultural appropriation is a real problem. Big companies take designs or inspiration from other cultures, then sell them, without giving anything back to the people they took from.

I agree. I always feel that way when I see photos of American Indians riding horses, or people with African decent living in houses made of anything other than grass and sticks.

"Giving back" LOL!!!! You liberals crack me up. If some cultures were forced to "give back" to Western Europeans they would be even poorer than they are now.

So did Mick Lips and the Rolling Uglies, so did The Eagles.
It was like watching a dog walking on its hind legs....they don't do it especially well but you're amazed that they can do it.
Meanwhile I had a bumper sticker on the back of the van:

GO DISCO TONIGHT
HELP TEN MUSICIANS LOSE THEIR JOBS!

I think rap and pop music and Justin Bieber music is the new disco.

Play something like what the guy in the video in the first part plays and they are like meh,do you even know how to play.

Or if you are in a music class, stop that racket or you will be disqualified for this class.

But play some wonderwall,or twinkle twinkle little star

and people will be like,oh you should be on American idol.

Seems like after the 1990's people forgot about all the metal that was on tv and now can't stand it when they hear it, when it was around back during the 90's

Seems to nowdays "to play guitar" means to grab a acoustic guitar and play some sappy songs like wonderwall, when back in the good old days it meant to plug a electric guitar in a marshall stack turn it to 11 and wail away.

Last edited:
I think rap and pop music and Justin Bieber music is the new disco.

Play something like what the guy in the video in the first part plays and they are like meh,do you even know how to play.

Or if you are in a music class, stop that racket or you will be disqualified for this class.

But play some wonderwall,or twinkle twinkle little star

and people will be like,oh you should be on American idol.

Seems like after the 1990's people forgot about all the metal that was on tv and now can't stand it when they hear it, when it was around back during the 90's

Pop music is typically formulaic and designed to have a wide array of appeal. It always seems to be ultra polished and because of that it seems to be missing heart. It's oftentimes a product of a committee. And these products work because I've even going myself singing along with some pop music. It's catchy it's designed to be.

Metal is the absolute anthesis of that. It's rough gritty it's meant to offend on a wide array. They don't need the committees the musicians that play in that genre have raw talent. It's dark it's scary and I love it. There was this short-lived genre of music and it's still around now but it's hardly recognizable called industrial and it was like if NuWave and death metal had a baby.

" I like all kinds of music"

No, you don't.

Because often you don't know about more obscure bands, only what is played on the radio.

"metal is noise, all it is just screaming and banging on guitars and drums"

Are you serious, Judas Priest,Black Sabbath,Led Zeppelin never screamed in their music. You must be thinking of death metal,black metal or hardcore.
"Pat Boone's 'In A Metal Mood' isn't that bad"

Anyone heard of ”Canned Heat?”

TBH, he was a youngster...........

EDIT for context:

Check out the STP sticker!

Last edited:
That's all they did.
Led Zep, ripping off old black bluesmen and Plant singing like his nuts got caught in a vice.
Then later after the Zep broke up he proved he could actually sing with that album The Honeydrippers.
Pissed me off even more because I caught rations of s*** for years because I hated Zep.

And no, I don't mean cultural appropriation, I mean those old black dudes had to sue to get PAID.

Yup, sorry wasn't thinking when i wrote that.

Anyone heard of ”Canned Heat?”

TBH, he was a youngster...........
LOL!

Several years ago I had a client in the office with his son. Pope John Paul II had just died and we were speculating on who the next pope would be. My client suggested that it would be "Pope George Ringo" and I laughed. The kid just had a weird look on his face and no clue regarding the reference.

"Led Zepplin is good rock music."

Pop music is typically formulaic and designed to have a wide array of appeal. It always seems to be ultra polished and because of that it seems to be missing heart. It's oftentimes a product of a committee. And these products work because I've even going myself singing along with some pop music. It's catchy it's designed to be.

Metal is the absolute anthesis of that. It's rough gritty it's meant to offend on a wide array. They don't need the committees the musicians that play in that genre have raw talent. It's dark it's scary and I love it. There was this short-lived genre of music and it's still around now but it's hardly recognizable called industrial and it was like if NuWave and death metal had a baby.

I not sure if it is a regional thing or not, but when i lived in a redneck area in maryland.

I could hear heavy metal and rock music without disco music thrown in back in the early 90's.

I wonder if the clearchannel takeovers caused it.

Where i live now in hawaii, they played a disco song right after a Metallica song.

Last edited:
I not sure if it is a regional thing or not, but when i lived in a redneck area in maryland.

I could hear heavy metal and rock music without disco music thrown in back in the early 90's.

I wonder if the clearchannel takeovers caused it.

Where i live now in hawaii, they played a disco song right after a Metallica song.

I honestly haven't listened to the radio in about five years.

" I like all kinds of music"

No, you don't.

Because often you don't know about more obscure bands, only what is played on the radio.

"metal is noise, all it is just screaming and banging on guitars and drums"

Are you serious, Judas Priest,Black Sabbath,Led Zeppelin never screamed in their music. You must be thinking of death metal,black metal or hardcore.

Ironically, I just saw this thread about 30 seconds AFTER posting "the most ridiculous comment about music" in the title box of my own new thread! Lol

1) Music today is crap
2) The music of the late 60's was the greatest music ever
3) The music of the 80's was the greatest music ever
4) All Rap sounds the same
5) All classical sound the same
6) Pop music shows no talent
7) Keith Richards is a great guitarist
8) Bob Dylan has a great voice
9) Disco sucks
10) The Grateful Dead suck

should I go on?

People say the stupidest things about everything all the time,.
I wonder if it will ever dawn on them that they are one of the stupidest people.

You forgot, "Ringo is a great drummer"...

Back
Top Bottom