• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stupidest comments you heard people make about music

I wonder what you guys think about people wearing t shirts of bands that they don't even know.

One time i saw a dude wearing a Nirvana shirt and i said, like dude. You like Nirvana too?

When he didn't know what i meant.

I think i should have asked him to name 4 or 5 songs from Nirvana without looking it up on a tablet or such.

it would appear you never pondered whether he was a buddhist

Stupidest comments you heard people make about music

"Billie Eilish is talented"

1) Music today is crap
2) The music of the late 60's was the greatest music ever
3) The music of the 80's was the greatest music ever
4) All Rap sounds the same
5) All classical sound the same
6) Pop music shows no talent
7) Keith Richards is a great guitarist
8) Bob Dylan has a great voice
9) Disco sucks
10) The Grateful Dead suck

should I go on?

People say the stupidest things about everything all the time,.
I wonder if it will ever dawn on them that they are one of the stupidest people.

I like Dylan's singing. My current favorite is probably mid 70s around the Desire / Rolling Thunder period, but that varies with my mood.

Something something something cultural appropriation.

Here is a Jewish guy and a Chinese guy, playing solo with an American orchestra, conducted by a Japanese guy, playing Czech music by a European composer. Sweetest thing I ever heard. If this is what cultural appropriation means, bring it on!

Last edited:
I like Dylan's singing. My current favorite is probably mid 70s around the Desire / Rolling Thunder period, but that varies with my mood.

I like Dylan too, immensely, but he is no singer.

"Wow that 12 string must be really hard to play!"

Here is a Jewish guy and a Chinese guy, playing solo with an American orchestra, conducted by a Japanese guy, playing Czech music by a European composer. Sweetest thing I ever heard. If this is what cultural appropriation means, bring it on!

I think that is Ozawa conducting and YO Yo Ma on cello.

I think that is Ozawa conducting and YO Yo Ma on cello.

Yes, and Perlman on violin, with the New York Philharmonic. All star cast. Cultural appropriation in its full glory.

Yes, and Perlman on violin, with the New York Philharmonic. All star cast. Cultural appropriation in its full glory.

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have know that!

I am guessing from the 70's.

I like Dylan too, immensely, but he is no singer.

It's like anything else. Tastes differ. As a singer myself, I listen to him and Chris Cornell the most. I'm a massive fan of both.

It's like anything else. Tastes differ. As a singer myself, I listen to him and Chris Cornell the most. I'm a massive fan of both.

How on earth is Dylan objectively a good singer?

I love it, I have aquired a taste but I know damned well he has no power in his voice, can't harmonize, has no range.....

How on earth is Dylan objectively a good singer?

I love it, I have aquired a taste but I know damned well he has no power in his voice, can't harmonize, has no range.....

many of the songs on Desire are duets. he can absolutely harmonize. examples on that record are One More Cup of Coffee, Romance in Durango, and Black Diamond Bay.

he has also altered his vocal style more times than about any other singer that i can think of, and has handled vocal changes resulting from age and life expertly. he even put out a couple of albums of Sinatra standards in his 70s, and they were really well done.

many of the songs on Desire are duets. he can absolutely harmonize. examples on that record are One More Cup of Coffee, Romance in Durango, and Black Diamond Bay.

he has also altered his vocal style more times than about any other singer that i can think of, and has handled vocal changes resulting from age and life expertly. he even put out a couple of albums of Sinatra standards in his 70s, and they were really well done.

LOL

People can convince themselves of anything... God bless.

i now have my answer to this thread's question

and they are dolts, you can tell them I said so

peace

Much rap seems to give me a headache.

I think it's because the bass is boosted in such a way that it makes the songs loud.

Plus some of the rap out nowadays is about being a vicious gangsta and having a AK-47/shotgun in one hand for drivebys and a 40 oz liquor in another and beating women and slinging drugs.

There is even a rap song about which side to wear gang colors on,no i'm not joking.

Plus the whole thing of kids dressing up like gangstas and throwing up gang signs.

Last edited:
1) Music today is crap
2) The music of the late 60's was the greatest music ever
3) The music of the 80's was the greatest music ever
4) All Rap sounds the same
5) All classical sound the same
6) Pop music shows no talent
7) Keith Richards is a great guitarist
8) Bob Dylan has a great voice
9) Disco sucks
10) The Grateful Dead suck

should I go on?

People say the stupidest things about everything all the time,.
I wonder if it will ever dawn on them that they are one of the stupidest people.

Many rock fans said that.

Kinda ironic too.

Because many rock bands actually put out disco songs during the 70's

KISS even had a Disco album.

Back
Top Bottom