• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stunning images inside russian grocery store show dire situation

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Given the plan in Ukraine appeared to be genocide you'll forgive me for not having much sympathy. The current sanctions aren't anywhere near enough. but still Muscovy follows ussr lead

1648931413757.png

Well Putin wants to bring back the USSR... He's on the right track...

A shitty economy and people standing in line for toilet paper is a good start...
USSR was a very costly project, Muscovy dont have the resources for that, specially - demographic

USSR was a very costly project, Muscovy dont have the resources for that, specially - demographic
Doesn't mean Putin won't try...

Something is wrong with him... He's always been an asshole.. But now? His head looks like Charlie Brown... Medication? Steroids? Thyroid cancer? Something is wrong with him...

Well Putin wants to bring back the USSR... He's on the right track...

A shitty economy and people standing in line for toilet paper is a good start...
Only the size and reach of the USSR...what he really wants is the old pre-1917 Imperial Russian Empire, with him as Tsar.
He's definitely willing to use Soviet tactics to that end.

Something is wrong with him... He's always been an asshole.. But now? His head looks like Charlie Brown... Medication? Steroids? Thyroid cancer? Something is wrong with him...

many experts say that is a sick , very sick . one for sure he looks terrible

Has Putin ever visited or been visited by victims of the Ukrainian Chernobyl nuclear disaster? You know he's got troops there even today coming home with radiation sickness.

Has Putin ever visited or been visited by victims of the Ukrainian Chernobyl nuclear disaster? You know he's got troops there even today coming home with radiation sickness.
Yeah.. He sits safely in the Kremlin... While he sends troops to Chernobyl....

Idiots...

less than 1% of the world GDP

It DOES NOT MATTER, that IS what he wants.
He doesn't want to restore the communist USSR, he wants USSR territory but run as the Imperial Russian Empire.
I am not talking about his current GDP at all, I am talking about his dream.
Putin sees himself as czar, or tsar, however you want to spell it.
Do you disagree?

Given the plan in Ukraine appeared to be genocide you'll forgive me for not having much sympathy. The current sanctions aren't anywhere near enough. but still Muscovy follows ussr lead

View attachment 67383601

Many Russians oppose the war and genocide. You can have sympathy for the people negatively impacted. It doesn't make you weak.

You know he's got troops there even today coming home with radiation sickness.
yes, crazy story, 0 respect toward own solders

It DOES NOT MATTER, that IS what he wants.
He doesn't want to restore the communist USSR, he wants USSR territory but run as the Imperial Russian Empire.
I am not talking about his current GDP at all, I am talking about his dream.
Putin sees himself as czar, or tsar, however you want to spell it.
Do you disagree?
i do agree with you. a good post

View attachment 67383601

Except, of course, for the rather obvious fact that nothing Russia is doing qualifies as genocide.

Many Russians oppose the war and genocide. You can have sympathy for the people negatively impacted. It doesn't make you weak.

…..again, there’s no “genocide”. Genocide has an actual definition and legal criteria which have to be met.

…..again, there’s no “genocide”. Genocide has an actual definition and legal criteria which have to be met.

You mean like below? Because that is seemingly what is happening. Putin is attempting to deliberately kill a large number of people of a nation with the aim of destroying that nation. How is what he is doing not attempted genocide?

the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group

You mean like below? Because that is seemingly what is happening. Putin is attempting to deliberately kill a large number of people of a nation with the aim of destroying that nation. How is what he is doing not attempted genocide?

Conducting largescale airstrikes without caring what happens to the civilian populace does not qualify as “genocide”. If it did, the US would have been guilty of “genocide” in World War Two……and Korea…..and Vietnam.

Furthermore, we would also be complicit in an ongoing “genocide” as we speak for actively aiding the far more brutal Saudi campaign in Yemen, which has been raging for years.

The hypocrisy and ignorance inherently in the “genocide” accusations is truly galling.

Panic buying isn’t necessarily a sign of a production/supply problem. Remember when we panic-bought basically everything at the beginning of the pandemic? There were no supply-side problems with toilet paper, but we bought that stuff like we’d all have to wipe our butts with leaves and stray squirrels by the end of the month. It was the panic buying that was the problem, not the production.

Of course, these two situations are not the same, but it remains to be seen whether this particular instance of panic buying is a symptom of an actual problem.

I've read that he was extremely isolated during the pandemic, which I suppose is still going on in countries that aren't using the MRNA vaccines. He's in extreme isolation, getting input from only a select few individuals that he likely picked because of their ideological leanings and their expressed loyalty and fealty to him. There's no one in the room to tell him 'No, this is not a good idea' and I'm not sure if even his closest allies know what his ideas are until it's launch time.

Conducting largescale airstrikes without caring what happens to the civilian populace does not qualify as “genocide”. If it did, the US would have been guilty of “genocide” in World War Two……and Korea…..and Vietnam.

Furthermore, we would also be complicit in an ongoing “genocide” as we speak for actively aiding the far more brutal Saudi campaign in Yemen, which has been raging for years.

The hypocrisy and ignorance inherently in the “genocide” accusations is truly galling.

Defend Russia with all the excuses you'd like. They are actively trying to destroy Ukraine and it's people and take it over. They are failing but that doesn't change the intent. This is an attempted genocide.

Defend Russia with all the excuses you'd like. They are actively trying to destroy Ukraine and it's people and take it over. They are failing but that doesn't change the intent. This is an attempted genocide.

Again, genocide has an actual legal definition with specific criteria that have to be met for it to qualify. Declaring just anything “genocide” causes the term to lose all meaning.

By your own definition the US would currently, as we speak, be complicit in “genocide” by aiding the Saudi war effort in Yemen.

Again, genocide has an actual legal definition with specific criteria that have to be met for it to qualify. Declaring just anything “genocide” causes the term to lose all meaning.

By your own definition the US would currently, as we speak, be complicit in “genocide” by aiding the Saudi war effort in Yemen.

Nope, again, just because your overlord Trump has deemed Putin a God worthy of your worship doesn't mean this isn't an attempted genocide. I have even posted the definition for you. What Russia is attempting to do is genocide.

Nope, again, just because your overlord Trump has deemed Putin a God worthy of your worship doesn't mean this isn't an attempted genocide. I have even posted the definition for you. What Russia is attempting to do is genocide.

Your evidence of me supporting Trump is.....what? Please provide it. I’ll wait 😂

Again, carrying out air strikes without caring about the civilian populace does not qualify as genocide. If it did the US would literally be guilty of helping carry out genocide as we speak.

Genocide has an actual legal definition with criteria which have to be met. Loosening that definition causes the term to lose all meaning.

Back
Top Bottom