• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Study: tRump appeals to men who suffer from fragile masculinity

It's linked in the article. Amazing what headline clickbait culture is doing to this generation. Phys even told you in the OP.

150% false this time. There is so study linked to anywhere. A study is not an article. A study gives methods and procedures so that people can verify the information they collected can be reasonably assumed to be accurate. The study is of course hidden, and all we are given is their opinions on what their data(that no one else can see) means.

Entirely false, don't even begin to argue this way as you are at great odds to look completely out of your element.
:lamo

So let me get this straight: You go to a doctor about a condition you've been having, and she gives you a diagnosis. Then you talk to an acquaintance about that very same condition, and he suggests something very different is going on.

By your "logic," you should put equal trust in both their words.

Appeals to authority are perfectly fine for inductive reasoning, so long as they are not done to suggest absolute final authority, and you've proven that you don't have the expertise to say otherwise.

you seem confused-this is not some earth shattering mainstream finding that you are merely reporting. Rather its a hack hit piece that you pushed for the same reasons the clowns who wrote it did-to attack Trump supporters while trying to suggest men who voted for Hillary are more masculine than those who didn't. So yes, "attacking the messenger" is hardly out of line

^ When you're out of intelligent arguments against a study, just try to attack the writers' motives.

What you don't understand is that it makes no difference what their motives were. All that matter are the facts, and the facts of that study speak for themselves. You just don't like those facts, for whatever reason.

For those taking this thread as a personal insult, nowhere does the op or the article state that all Trump supporters suffer from fragile masculinity. It doesn't even say "most" or a "large percentage." It says: "Donald Trump appeals to men with fragile masculinity."

I accept this without even reading the study. Of course he does. Just like pro-wrestlers and James Bond appeal to men with fragile masculinity. Most men who watch pro-wrestling or James Bond or who voted for Donald Trump do not have fragile masculinity. I love a good James Bond flick and my masculinity is fine. Of the set of all men who DO have fragile masculinity, compared to the set of all men who don't, men with fragile masculinity are over represented in these areas.

If you voted for Trump, you probably don't have fragile masculinity. If you have fragile masculinity, you probably voted for Donald Trump.

Last edited:
For those taking this thread as a personal insult, nowhere does the op or the article state that all Trump supporters suffer from fragile masculinity. It doesn't even say "most" or a "large percentage." It says: "Donald Trump appeals to men with fragile masculinity."

I accept this without even reading the study. Of course he does. Just like pro-wrestlers and James Bond appeal to men with fragile masculinity. Most men who watch pro-wrestling or James Bond or who voted for Donald Trump do not have fragile masculinity. Of the set of all men who DO have fragile masculinity, compared to the set of all men who don't, men with fragile masculinity are over represented in these areas.

If you voted for Trump, you probably don't have fragile masculinity. If you have fragile masculinity, you probably voted for Donald Trump.

A good point well made. But if you read, no one is actually taking it personally. It's the faulty sourcing, extreme bias, and other issues with the hack article.

Also, I think you would find it surprising how few of the people who have spoken out support or voted for Trump.

Personally, I don't really take any article to heart. But I have the arrogance of being libertarian and very rarely falling in with either major party.

This guy must be huge Trump supporter if 'fragile masculinity ' is the predictor...
Obama-to-throw-Nats-first-pitch.jpg

{Snicker}

a3545209c165949fe439cc1a43153190.jpg

{Barely muffled derisive chortle}

I wonder if they looked to see if men supporting Hillary had similar internet searches

Misery would love company eh? No, I didn't search for those things, you're gonna have to stay in your lane.

Well, that study will certainly make the leftwing snowflakes feel better when they are screaming at the night sky or coloring in their safe rooms.

Snowflakes like those who get upset over a red cup?

This guy must be huge Trump supporter if 'fragile masculinity ' is the predictor...
View attachment 67245196
{Snicker}
View attachment 67245197

Fragile is how Trump's shorts must’ve felt here 52CDABA8-0DA9-406A-91B7-4D896B6AFA33.jpg

In a fight, I’d definitely pick this guy to win FAFCE6DD-B8EE-4915-9DCB-DAF87F517091.jpg
Of course that’s not saying much as doughboy Donnie would keel over from a coronary event just holding up his dukes!:lamo

{Snicker}

Just ... huh? How in the world do you equate President Obama with fragile masculinity? I didn't agree with him very often and voted against him once. However, the man acted with poise and never hit me as insecure in any way.

^ When you're out of intelligent arguments against a study, just try to attack the writers' motives.

What you don't understand is that it makes no difference what their motives were. All that matter are the facts, and the facts of that study speak for themselves. You just don't like those facts, for whatever reason.

the stupid study you spewed is hardly deserving of "intelligent argument". You posted that drivel to try to make yourself feel better about being a Hillary fan. there were no facts in that crap because it was the OPINION of those partisans that researching stuff like ED or hair loss="fragile masculinity". there is no scientific evidence supporting that assertion

Fragile is how Trump's shorts must’ve felt here View attachment 67245198

In a fight, I’d definitely pick this guy to win View attachment 67245199
Of course that’s not saying much as doughboy Donnie would keel over from a coronary event just holding up his dukes!:lamo

and W was in better shape than either one of them at the same age. BFD. Ford and Bush I were the two best athletes to be in the WhiteHouse in the last 50 years.

the stupid study you spewed is hardly deserving of "intelligent argument". You posted that drivel to try to make yourself feel better about being a Hillary fan. there were no facts in that crap because it was the OPINION of those partisans that researching stuff like ED or hair loss="fragile masculinity". there is no scientific evidence supporting that assertion

Since you are out of logical points, you result to personal insults. Next!

Since you are out of logical points, you result to personal insults. Next!

If I am not being truthful-why did you post that nonsense?

This is just a junk insult topic, nothing new.

I wonder if they looked to see if men supporting Hillary had similar internet searches

I think they are more interested in the help she gave to 911 families and the fact that she's never been charged with anything

and W was in better shape than either one of them at the same age. BFD. Ford and Bush I were the two best athletes to be in the WhiteHouse in the last 50 years.
W was in great shape for a man of his age, but it is entirely arguable whether he or Obama was more physically fit. As for trippin’ Gerry, no. Maybe in his college days, but by the time he was elevated to the Oval Office, no way.

W was in great shape for a man of his age, but it is entirely arguable whether he or Obama was more physically fit. As for trippin’ Gerry, no. Maybe in his college days, but by the time he was elevated to the Oval Office, no way.

you are misinformed. Ford had a hard time getting SS details for two reasons. he wanted SS agents who could play tennis with him-few were good enough. Even tougher, was finding secret service agents who could ski with Ford, who was an expert at that as well.

Well, that study will certainly make the leftwing snowflakes feel better when they are screaming at the night sky or coloring in their safe rooms.

Deflection, the only thing right wingers are capable of. When you have no fact, no logic, no reasoning, no intelligence, deflect deflect deflect.

you are misinformed. Ford had a hard time getting SS details for two reasons. he wanted SS agents who could play tennis with him-few were good enough. Even tougher, was finding secret service agents who could ski with Ford, who was an expert at that as well.
You’re talking skill, not stamina. Ford was 61 years old when he entered office as President. Are you genuinely trying to argue that he was more fit than his SS detail?

Explains a lot about you in particular, the OP does.

Back
Top Bottom