• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Study suggests mRNA vaccines induce long-lasting COVID immunity

minnie616

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is GREAT NEWS!

In a study shared online by journal Nature on Monday, scientists reported that messenger RNA (mRNA) COVID vaccines, like those produced by drug companies Pfizer and Moderna, induced a persistent immune response in humans that indicate long-lasting immunity against the virus.

The scientists say that vaccinated individuals should essentially be immune to all existing virus variants for the foreseeable future.

….

The researchers that those who have not been infected but have been immunized likely won’t require any additional booster shots to fight against virus variants -- that is, unless variants transform significantly, which is possible.

Last edited:
Good news.

I wouldn't mind having to take a yearly shot though. Just double-up on Flu shot day. But this is certainly better for a global non-selfish perspective.

That's excellent news minnie! Thanks for sharing it.

I was willing to get that booster, but I would prefer not getting one. As long as this one works it's magic for a while. :)

This is along the lines of the info I got back in January from one of our VP's that was responsible for providing the US and global database software, they said that they believed the vaccines would last over 2 years.

I don't care. I want an annual booster shot out of an abundance of caution.
Ha ha, yeah, this pandemic sure makes one feel like getting a ton of whatever they're givin. lol

For those so inclined. I have no idea what 'clickondetroit' is.

Click on Detroit is :

A news service in Detroit, Michigan.
Local 4 News, headlines, weather, and sports is on ClickOnDetroit.com.
The latest local Detroit news online from NBC TV's local affiliate in Detroit, Michigan, WDIV - Detroit's Channel 4.

I don't care. I want an annual booster shot out of an abundance of caution.

I agree. One that gives more specific protection against the existing variants.
Also, this is a cell based study. The vaccines haven’t been around long enough for a “real world “ study.
Good news, but I have the attitude of “I’ll believe it when I see it “

This is GREAT NEWS!

In a study shared online by journal Nature on Monday, scientists reported that messenger RNA (mRNA) COVID vaccines, like those produced by drug companies Pfizer and Moderna, induced a persistent immune response in humans that indicate long-lasting immunity against the virus.

The scientists say that vaccinated individuals should essentially be immune to all existing virus variants for the foreseeable future.

….

The researchers that those who have not been infected but have been immunized likely won’t require any additional booster shots to fight against virus variants -- that is, unless variants transform significantly, which is possible.

May this be true!

This is GREAT NEWS!

….

This of course might or might not protect against variants, but it would not be a difficult task to reformulate the vaccine to fight against the variant. it would be the same as creating a flu vaccine against a new strain.\

If the vaccines minimize the infections in those vaccinated, such would go a long, long way to national health safety.

Back
Top Bottom