• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Study shows that natural immunity is 13 times stronger than being vaccinated

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I hate to say I told all of you so, but I did. This new and recent study proves me right once again. This means it is senseless to demand someone who had it to be vaccinated.

This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2

WHY do you guys continue to doubt me when I am right all the time? I don't get it. Do you have PDS?

The study concludes that natural immunity gained from the original covid virus is stronger against the Delta variant which may not have existed if countries were able to achieve a 100% vaccination rate. And natural immunity is effective for those who survive the infection but does nothing to protect others with whom they came in contact.

no one listen to the OP. he has been massively wrong about COVID since day one.
Good thing it's not something the OP made up and it's actually been a subject that's been posted about before, which also wasn't made up by the previous poster. What it is is data coming out of Israel, which actually is pretty on point with their COVID response in all the ways that the most cautious prefer.

I guess what I'm saying is, your post is ****ing dumb.

The study concludes that natural immunity is stronger against the Delta variant which may not have existed if countries were able to achieve a 100% vaccination rate. And natural immunity is effective for those who survive the infection but does nothing to protect others with whom they came in contact.
We live in a world that is smaller than it has ever been under globalism. The comment of "but if we had 100% vaccination rate it would stop it" is completely worthless and lacking any sense of perspective. We aren't going to have 100% vaccination in the entire world, ever. It's not going to happen, not even close. Further, it's not going to happen with young children. Going even further, the vaccination doesn't even stop people from being infected with as much viral load as someone without the vaccine. It just lessens the symptoms. That means the virus is still going to mutate, possibly even worse. Anyone saying otherwise is a snake oil salesman.

I hate to say I told all of you so, but I did. This new and recent study proves me right once again. This means it is senseless to demand someone who had it to be vaccinated.

WHY do you guys continue to doubt me when I am right all the time? I don't get it. Do you have PDS?
lol...the Federalist!

lol...

Good thing it's not something the OP made up and it's actually been a subject that's been posted about before, which also wasn't made up by the previous poster. What it is is data coming out of Israel, which actually is pretty on point with their COVID response in all the ways that the most cautious prefer.

I guess what I'm saying is, your post is ****ing dumb.
you mean this part...

"WHY do you guys continue to doubt me when I am right all the time?"

The comment of "but if we had 100% vaccination rate it would stop it" is completely worthless
You're correct, I meant to say "might not have been as bad". Fingers and brain were not synching properly.

You're correct, I meant to say "might not have been as bad". Fingers and brain were not synching properly.
Still not really helpful, because we never had a chance of getting 100%, ever, because it would have to be 100% across the globe. Hell, we can't even stop open air slave markets from happening, people from having their heads cut off, and genocide, let along get a 100% global vaccination count.

we don't quote the Federalist, so definitely not PDS. I can't speak for those who do quote the Federalist though.
:rolleyes:

we don't quote the Federalist, so definitely not PDS. I can't speak for those who do quote the Federalist though.
:rolleyes:
They didn't write the article. They merely quoted the expert findings. try CNN if you want admitted propaganda by their Director

This new and recent study proves me right once again.
Proves you right about what? That we shouldn't get vaccinated? The whole point of the vaccine is to build up immunity to covid so I don't ever catch it or get a severe case of it. If someone could achieve that by either:
  1. Getting the vaccine
  2. Getting covid without any antibodies to help prevent severe infection
Why would anyone choose option 2, when it requires you to get covid in order to prevent you from getting covid again?

Still not really helpful, because we never had a chance of getting 100%, ever, because it would have to be 100% across the globe.
Correct again. So we're thinning the herd and reaching herd immunity in a variety of ways. Imo, humans are and will be the instruments of their destruction one way or another.

Correct again. So we're thinning the herd and reaching herd immunity in a variety of ways. Imo, humans are and will be the instruments of their destruction one way or another.
Not from COVID. As many as it's killed, it's actually not that deadly. My guess is nuclear eradication due to the advance in technology enabling a growing number of countries to get them and eventually creates M.A.D. or a bioengineer creates WWZ zombies.

Please stop spreading misinformation. Be part of the solution instead....

Did you miss this bit?

"The yet-to-be peer-reviewed study"

A study that's not been peer reviewed is not scientifically valid.

So I can choose to get two shots with very little side effects or choose to get COVID where I might be hospitalized and die...such a tough decision!

There is a red flag I see from the study itself, -"the yet-to-be peer-reviewed study"

'This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review [what does this mean?]. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice."

My takeaway from the article and the research paper.
-- The paper being published in the federalist could be premature because the study has not been peer reviewed
-- Medrxiv.org states is should not be used to guide clinical practices.

Did you miss this bit?

"The yet-to-be peer-reviewed study"

A study that's not been peer reviewed is not scientifically valid.
Another thing to consider is that immunity might depend on the severity of the infection:

Several studies have reported that over 90% of people with COVID-19 develop IgG antibodies to the S antigen, even with mild infections. The antibody titers, however, vary widely, with some non-seroconverters that have been identified.

More severe COVID-19 cases also develop higher titers of mucosal-protective IgA antibodies. These may remain detectable for months after the viral tests become negative.

I'm curious how much immunity someone who was asymptomatic has compared to someone who had a severe infection? The study doesn't seem to mention anything about that.

And those that get Covid and die, what about them? How is their immunity?

Those that get Covid and have long haul symptoms, what about them?

You conveniently left out some of the risks of getting Covid to get the antibodies.

It's 5:25 AM in Moscow. I wonder if vaccine clinics are open yet.

Back
Top Bottom