• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Study shows that natural immunity is 13 times stronger than being vaccinated

Did you miss this bit?

"The yet-to-be peer-reviewed study"

A study that's not been peer reviewed is not scientifically valid.
Show me a peer reviews study of yours showing vaccines are better than immunity

So I can choose to get two shots with very little side effects or choose to get COVID where I might be hospitalized and die...such a tough decision!
I am referring to those who ready had Covid and you should know this.

And those that get Covid and die, what about them? How is their immunity?

Those that get Covid and have long haul symptoms, what about them?

You conveniently left out some of the risks of getting Covid to get the antibodies.
Ummm, the review was on those who had already gotten Covid and there are millions in the US

I hate to say I told all of you so, but I did. This new and recent study proves me right once again. This means it is senseless to demand someone who had it to be vaccinated.

WHY do you guys continue to doubt me when I am right all the time? I don't get it. Do you have PDS?
Of course it is, but you also have a high risk of death and even higher risk of long Covid by getting infected.

I hate to say I told all of you so, but I did. This new and recent study proves me right once again. This means it is senseless to demand someone who had it to be vaccinated.

WHY do you guys continue to doubt me when I am right all the time? I don't get it. Do you have PDS?
Kentucky residents who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated (odds ratio [OR] = 2.34; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.58–3.47).

First of all, actual news media outlets are reporting on this as well, so for once, the federal sourced something correctly. A broken clock is sometimes right.

However, its not an either/or scenario.

The best bet for avoiding getting sick twice appears to be getting vaccinated, then getting sick (better to get sick second to help avoid symptoms for a first time patient), then if you get sick again, you are super protected.

Either way, getting vaccinated is a good idea.

Of course it is, but you also have a high risk of death and even higher risk of long Covid by getting infected.
Please read for comprehension. If someone has immunity, his chances of getting infected are about the same as someone under 18 dying from Covid. This study shows that his NATURAL immunity is 13 times better than YOU being vaccinated. Nature always wins. This is what libruls don't like.

If people are fat, they want a pill instead of a diet. If they do drugs or alcohol, they think they can pray to God or have AA cure them. If they break the law, they think a cop shouldn't arrest them.If they play with fore, they don't want to be burned. If they become obese because of their lack of proper diet and exercise, they want no criticism and get society to call it "fat shaming". We have created a world of irresponsible arrogant aholes who want no repercussions for anything and when they are afraid want everyone else to kiss their arse and do what they want.

It’s an interesting study, certainly, but one study isn’t always conclusive. I’d like to see these results confirmed with a second study.

We live in a world that is smaller than it has ever been under globalism. The comment of "but if we had 100% vaccination rate it would stop it" is completely worthless and lacking any sense of perspective. We aren't going to have 100% vaccination in the entire world, ever. It's not going to happen, not even close. Further, it's not going to happen with young children. Going even further, the vaccination doesn't even stop people from being infected with as much viral load as someone without the vaccine. It just lessens the symptoms. That means the virus is still going to mutate, possibly even worse. Anyone saying otherwise is a snake oil salesman.
Why is it worthless? Any idea why you don't see anyone with smallpox any longer? It's because intensive mass vaccination programmes and 80% vaccine take-up in every nation have eradicated the world's number one killer disease.

Kentucky residents who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated (odds ratio [OR] = 2.34; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.58–3.47).
Although this is great since it demonstrates that the vaccine also provides additional protection for people who've already had covid, I just want to point out that this study doesn't contradict the one in the original post. This study compares infection rates for vaccinated people who've had covid vs unvaccinated people who've had covid, while the Israeli study compares infection rates for vaccinated people who've never had covid vs unvaccinated people who've had covid.

From your citation: "the yet-to-be peer-reviewed study"

About your citation:

"During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Federalist published many pieces that contained false information or pseudoscience that was contrary to the recommendations of public health experts and authorities.[5] While ballots were being counted in the 2020 United States presidential election, The Federalist made false claims that there had been large-scale election fraud.[6][7]"

Only one month and only 242 people in one area. No peer review. Also, the subjects had Covid as much as a year before and the survey doesn't include those who had the vaccine a year before because the vaccine wasn't available.. Thus, the comparison fails as it isn't comparing apples to apples but an orange to an apple, and 242 people isn't nearly enough.

The study concludes that natural immunity gained from the original covid virus is stronger against the Delta variant which may not have existed if countries were able to achieve a 100% vaccination rate. And natural immunity is effective for those who survive the infection but does nothing to protect others with whom they came in contact.

There is zero chance of 100% vaccination in any society. In fact it is guaranteed you likely would never even reach 50 in primitive countries like India where literal rabid dogs roam the streets when we have vaccines for canine rabies.

maybe if we totally banned all foreign aliens from outside America from traveling here period maybe we would’ve avoided delta, but Delta would still be here.

Anyone who follows medical advice from a single study is a moron

I feel you, bro, it's difficult always being the smartest one in the room. It's a cross I have had to bear all my life.

It’s an interesting study, certainly, but one study isn’t always conclusive. I’d like to see these results confirmed with a second study.
I agree it is interesting. I happen to think that we are ruining humanity when we always look for a drug to cure something and forcing people who have immunity to also be vaccinated. If those people want to be, that's fine. I believe that the human body has developed ways to counteract a virus on its own without the need for vaccination and the best cure against sickness is a healthy lifestyle, proper exercise and eating and not being grossly overweight. As I said in another post, people think doctors and science will save them and want that pill, instead of personal responsibility. This is why CRT is so dangerous. It places the responsibility for black people's failures on someone and something else and is the reason I send people a mirror.

From your citation: "the yet-to-be peer-reviewed study"

About your citation:

"During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Federalist published many pieces that contained false information or pseudoscience that was contrary to the recommendations of public health experts and authorities.[5] While ballots were being counted in the 2020 United States presidential election, The Federalist made false claims that there had been large-scale election fraud.[6][7]"
Almost all of the studies that your side puts out are not peer-reviewed either.

Almost all of the studies that your side puts out are not peer-reviewed either.
Well that is just factually incorrect

So you have ONE study that is mot even peer reviewed?

No one should ever make a medical decision based on that

I understand that. I also understand you are advocating getting covid for its immunity. See where I'm going?
I don't necessarily advocate it, but claim that natural immunity is better than a vaccine even though the CDC and Big Pharm are pulling out all stops to make it appear a vaccine is better. Putting poison into your body and stuff that could damage your heart and who knows what else should not be forced onto people. If they want it, I'm OK with that. There are some people, self-included, who prefer death over being controlled by the nerds in government.

Back
Top Bottom