• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Study Shows City Living is Safer

I'm not surprised at all. We have less crime in rural areas but our jobs are far more dangerous. Farming, logging, mining etc have a very high mortality rate compared to sitting in a cubicle at a computer. Then there are our 2 lane roads with 60 mph speed limits, add to that icy conditions and it is carnage on our highways.

[/B]

Actually, if you look at the study, you'll find that they analysed both risk of injury and frequency of death due to injury. Their conclusions were focused on the latter, but their information regarding the former is consistent with the CNN article.

Regarding the second part in bold, you'll find that gangbangers are relatively rare outside of specific bad areas. Personally I can't remember the last time I saw bangers outside of a courtroom. I'm much more in danger of being mildly annoyed by slow-walking elderly Chinese women. You might want to get into an urban area more often. You're missing out.

We also have lots of trees and never have brown air. That brown air has got to be bad for you.

I don't care if the think it's 200X more dangerous, I don't like breathing the same stale air as my neighbor.

Plus rural folks take more chances thus have more fun.

I don't care if the think it's 200X more dangerous, I don't like breathing the same stale air as my neighbor.

Plus rural folks take more chances thus have more fun.

You've obviously never been to a decent nightclub before.

Back
Top Bottom