• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Study says Texas premiums will rise with Medicaid expansion opposition

Ohhh the hatred of a keyboard commando that was showed how bad Perry is

Do you mean "shown" instead of showed? Shown what, with the exception of the $27 Billion thing, which I yet to find enough information to even know what you and you liberal media article is even talking about, I have discredited and shown everyone of your arguments to be nonsense and bias that ignore reality.

And yes, I am using a keyboard to communicate with, but I have never been or claimed to be a commando.

Do you mean "shown" instead of showed? Shown what, with the exception of the $27 Billion thing, which I yet to find enough information to even know what you and you liberal media article is even talking about, I have discredited and shown everyone of your arguments to be nonsense and bias that ignore reality.

And yes, I am using a keyboard to communicate with, but I have never been or claimed to be a commando.

Your anger is shocking and of course you dont know about the 20 billion dollar short fall because all you read is your right wing propaganda that Republicans do no wrong.

What anger are you talking about?

P.S. If you hate Texas and Perry so much, get on I-30 and head west. It turns into I-20 west of Fort Worth and merges with I-10 just east of Van Horn. Once on I-10, keep heading west until Cali, try living there for awhile and see how it is. In other words, it's a free country, no one says you have to live in Texas, so if you hate it so much, then get the **** out.

The above any more questions stupid or otherwise??

Rick Perry and the people that support him are 90% of the problem. This state is almost last in everything. We are the laughing stock of the country thanks to his run for President. The toll road fiasco should have been enough for him to be booted out of office.

Have you been anywhere other than Texas? Toll roads contribute to the tax revenues of the state. I'm surprised being a liberal you don't do all your driving on toll roads just so you can pay more taxes.

This as well:

Home > News > Politics > State Politics
Special prosecutor to investigate Rick Perry’s threat to veto public integrity unit funds

AA
By CHRISTY HOPPE Austin Bureau choppe@dallasnews.com
Published: 15 August 2013 10:46 PM
Updated: 15 August 2013 10:46 PM
AUSTIN — A San Antonio senior judge confirmed Thursday that he will appoint a special prosecutor to investigate possible charges of abuse of office and coercion against Gov. Rick Perry.
Judge Robert “Bert” Richardson said he expected to select someone early next week, at which time “an order will be prepared and filed with the court.”
The investigation stems from the governor’s veto of $3.7 million in annual funding for Travis County’s Public Integrity Unit, which oversees public corruption and malfeasance complaints.
Perry acknowledged that he told Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, a Democrat, he would cut off the funding if she did not resign following her DWI conviction.
Perry, a Republican, would name Lehmberg’s replacement to serve until the next election, next year.
Lehmberg did not resign, and Perry followed through with the veto. Among other cases, the unit has been investigating the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas — one of Perry’s landmark accomplishments.
CPRIT is facing allegations that research grants funded with public money were mishandled.

Special prosecutor to investigate Rick Perry

wow, that sounds pretty evil.. he should totally support the agency that is run by the high profile DA who was convicted of a DWI ( 3 times the legal BAC limit) and refuses to resign

what bad can come from such a convict running a public integrity unit?.. I mean, nothing say "public integrity" than being headed by that lady.. who refuses to resign after her conviction, played the " do you know who I am" card to the arresting officers" and is generally dismissive of her crimes?.. yeah, that lady deserves to be in a position to prosecute others and oversee" public integrity"

that's not to say Perry doesn't have a conflict of interest in the matter as well.. as that agency is investigating some of his pals.

the public integrity unit doesn't seem to be doing the whole "public integrity " thing very well... it should go away .. or at least be transferred to the judiciary or legislative branch ( it seems executive branch folks don't have the integrity to run it)

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062289961 said:
Have you been anywhere other than Texas? Toll roads contribute to the tax revenues of the state. I'm surprised being a liberal you don't do all your driving on toll roads just so you can pay more taxes.

Texas has many foreign-owned toll roads
the toll fees go to pay back those whom footed the bill to build it first... with the state taking some of it to enforce the payments

that's not why people avoid them though.. it's primarily because they charge too much to use the roads
the toll road i use sometimes (183A) is costly.. the 20 mile round trip I take runs me 14 bucks ( I spend about 300-400 a month on toll road fees)

i'll pay the 14 bucks though.. I have the money, and it's nice to drive on a virtually empty freeway... I pay for that luxury with no complaint..
the average working stiff simply can't afford it...so they use the frontage roads, which are free, but have stop lights and a much lower speed limit.

Texas has many foreign-owned toll roads
the toll fees go to pay back those whom footed the bill to build it first... with the state taking some of it to enforce the payments

that's not why people avoid them though.. it's primarily because they charge too much to use the roads
the toll road i use sometimes (183A) is costly.. the 20 mile round trip I take runs me 14 bucks ( I spend about 300-400 a month on toll road fees)

i'll pay the 14 bucks though.. I have the money, and it's nice to drive on a virtually empty freeway... I pay for that luxury with no complaint..
the average working stiff simply can't afford it...so they use the frontage roads, which are free, but have stop lights and a much lower speed limit.

So would people choose to drive I35 through Austin in bumper to bumper traffic almost the whole way or to drive the new toll road to the east at 85 mpg? Now you have a choice.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062289961 said:

So being a conservative you were okay with they way Perry just snatched land, then gave the contracts to a Spanish company??? They had little to no effect on the taxes that were collected

Back
Top Bottom