• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Study Proves Sturgis Was Stupid

maxresdefault.jpg

A super spreader event for the ages.

Study says Sturgis bike rally was a 'super-spreader' event, led to 260,000 COVID-19 cases

Well, I am sure a good time was had by all. At least that's worth something. Right?

Just a note:
The “synthetic control approach” used by the researchers in the study that came up with the 260K estimated figure going forward is unproven extrapolation methodology and uncorroborated. The recent 126% uptick in SD cases could also be due to recent back to school (college/universities) attendance.

Sturgis rally may have caused more than 250,000 new coronavirus cases, study finds

Still, a woefully dumb idea of a social indoor/outdoor gathering event.

Just a note:
The “synthetic control approach” used by the researchers in the study that came up with the 260K estimated figure going forward is unproven extrapolation methodology and uncorroborated. The recent 126% uptick in SD cases could also be due to recent back to school (college/universities) attendance.

Sturgis rally may have caused more than 250,000 new coronavirus cases, study finds

Still, a woefully dumb idea of a social indoor/outdoor gathering event.

It wasn’t dumb at all. It was a perfectly logical decision that living life in more important then being scared of a virus nearly everyone survives. Is it incredibly dumb to meet ever because of the flu? What’s the standard here?

Go live in your bubble if you want. I’ll die when I die and I’ll live a meaningful life in the meantime

New study shows how you fell for the - estimated - BS. :lamo

@EthicalSkeptic

The CHEPS Sturgis Study

Use a 4-day Least Squares leveling to hide the fact that 100% of the effect comes from a single day of uber-testing.
Then end the study - right when the data no longer shows the effect you want.

I have lost all hope for humanity...

Ehbgv4gWoAMdR8K

6:33 PM · Sep 8, 2020·Twitter Web App

The S.D. governor calls this "study" fiction.

S.D. Governor Disputes Report Tying COVID-19 Case Surge to Motorcycle Rally

The S.D. governor put Trump's face on a miniature reproduction of Mount Rushmore. She's a super Trump fan. Her opinion is dismissed by all but the hard-core Trump-lovers.

Well, it's good to know that you've got nothing to say about the graph and tweet which debunks the "study". :lol:

@EthicalSkeptic

The CHEPS Sturgis Study

Use a 4-day Least Squares leveling to hide the fact that 100% of the effect comes from a single day of uber-testing.

Ehbgv4gWoAMdR8K

The SD governor is an idiot. I'm not going to waste my time with her nonsense.

@EthicalSkeptic

The CHEPS Sturgis Study

Ehbgv4gWoAMdR8K

Because he knows better than the epidemiologists? Why would they lie? The Gov. is just covering his ass like Trump is.

Because he knows better than the epidemiologists? Why would they lie? The Gov. is just covering his ass like Trump is.

That particular governor is a she.

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was 'superspreading event' that cost public health $12.2 billion

The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota last month was a coronavirus “superspreading event” that led to an estimated $12.2 billion in public health costs, according to a new study by the IZA Institute of Labor Economics.

The analysis tracked anonymized cellphone data from the 10-day event that showed “smartphone pings from non-residents” and “foot traffic at restaurants and bars, retail establishments, entertainment venues, hotels and campgrounds each rose substantially.” Stay-at-home hours for local residents fell during the same time period.

Based on the increase in case count, the researchers group, estimated that cases connected to the gathering resulted in $12 billion in public health costs, not including the costs associated with any deaths that might be tied to cases from the event.

Someone is going to sue South Dakota over this.

If you put the word ' studu' on anything, liberals will belive anything as a long as it supports their point of view.
You because these people are so 'smart'. ( chuckle)

Of course these 'smart' people are too stupid to actually figure out how biased and ridiculously flawed so many studies are, Like,say , this one.

And even when it gets shown to be flawed, they stilll cling to it.

Like this one.
LAFFRIOt

If you put the word ' studu' on anything, liberals will belive anything as a long as it supports their point of view.
You because these people are so 'smart'. ( chuckle)

Of course these 'smart' people are too stupid to actually figure out how biased and ridiculously flawed so many studies are, Like,say , this one.

And even when it gets shown to be flawed, they stilll cling to it.

Like this one.
LAFFRIOt

I guess we should listen more often to geniuses like Rush, Sean and Tucker.

nooo. Always listen to left wing sources. They always know evvvvvvvvvvvveryt

bringing four hundred some thousand people into close quarters during a pandemic was dumber than dog ****.

It wasn’t dumb at all. It was a perfectly logical decision that living life in more important...

^ the actual person responsible for tons of deaths and small businesses being crushed for mush longer.

bringing four hundred some thousand people into close quarters during a pandemic was dumber than dog ****.

ANd, that is exactly why the Right liked it.

A super spreader event for the ages.

Study says Sturgis bike rally was a 'super-spreader' event, led to 260,000 COVID-19 cases

Well, I am sure a good time was had by all. At least that's worth something. Right?

Study was based on conjecture and not science. Done by the Institute of Labor Economics, it took random numbers and plugged them into a model using google analytics. Not a scientific study done by doctors nor medical scientist.

I did my own study and called some friends who went to Sturgis and they told me they hadn't spoken to any of the people they saw in Sturgis who had contracted Covid. So that must be true and nobody got Covid.

Back
Top Bottom