• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Study proves snotty kids grow up to be conservatives

galenrox said:
And conservatives want us all to believe that all liberals are yuppies who graduated from Princeton without ever studying, and then waltzing onto the country club for the rest of their lives while living of Daddy's investments while their pot smoking gay teens wear ponchos and go to Bonaroo,
This is untrue...

We believe some of them wear Member's Only jackets...

I see you lurking Mr. Logan. When you gonna defend yourself. Remember in my post here I said galenrox (all hail his return) is cool, and you're not?

PerryLogan, galenrox (all hail his return).
Galenrox (all hail his return), PerryLogan.

You are in heap big trouble now Mr. Logan. When you have me and galenrox (all hail his return) smacking you you're done. I notice on your website you have your stupid Gun Top Twenty list front and center. If the quality of your sites viewers thinks that's funny then you need to get out more. Now I realize humor is a matter of taste, but in your case I'll make an exception. You're not friggin funny dude. Give it up. If you're trying to be funny you fail. You just come out whining and petulant. Even the left here is mocking you. Damn, that's gonna leave a mark. I've seen you online posting elsewere since you submitted this stupid thread. You know you've been racked, do you have the balls to stand behind your words?

teacher said:
I see you lurking Mr. Logan. When you gonna defend yourself. Remember in my post here I said galenrox (all hail his return) is cool, and you're not?

PerryLogan, galenrox (all hail his return).
Galenrox (all hail his return), PerryLogan.

You are in heap big trouble now Mr. Logan. When you have me and galenrox (all hail his return) smacking you you're done. I notice on your website you have your stupid Gun Top Twenty list front and center. If the quality of your sites viewers thinks that's funny then you need to get out more. Now I realize humor is a matter of taste, but in your case I'll make an exception. You're not friggin funny dude. Give it up. If you're trying to be funny you fail. You just come out whining and petulant. Even the left here is mocking you. Damn, that's gonna leave a mark. I've seen you online posting elsewere since you submitted this stupid thread. You know you've been racked, do you have the balls to stand behind your words?

I warned him of this very same thing. "The Liberal crowd on this site is too intelligent to be cozying up to such rediculous rantings and obtuse sentiments."

Perry certainly is entitled to his silly rants. If I were a sensible democrat, I'd be embarrassed by him and worried that he sullies the DNC. I just wish he'd take that picture of his wife off of his avatar. ;)

galenrox said:
Alright, I have about a million problems with this "study" (and by a million I mean potentially more than one). Alright, first, there will NEVER, and I mean NEVER be a study that paints things as black and white as "If you're a rich whiney kid, you'll become a republican." You want to know WHY there will never be a study like this? Because it's not ****ing true, that's why!
I grew up in Evanston, IL, the first northern suburb of Chicago. If you've ever heard stories about the liberalness of the people in the northern suberbs, let me tell you, all of them are 100% true. Now, my town was mixed income, and by mixed I mean that in the southern part most of the people live below the poverty line, and once you cross South Blvd. every home is more that $400,000 and every rent is more than $1,500 a month, and it's not uncommon for a person to be worth up to about $20 million. Anywho, I grew up with these kids, about half the kids at every school I went to there was rich whiney kids, and almost all of them were FLAMING liberals. I went to a high school of 3,000 kids, and 2,500 walked out in protest of the war (and most of them were genuine in their dissent, since they all got charged with a ditch anyways), and remember this is back when 70% of the nation agreed with the war.

And the other of my millions of problems with this is just what it implies about whoever ****ing posted it. Whoever you are, you're an idiot, and you shouldn't be allowed to talk anymore. It is retards like you that have led to the election of possibly the most worthless government in US history. Do you think if there was a democratic candidate who wasn't backed with this constant Barbara Streisand bullshit trying to paint the world as if you don't like reparations you're a racist and if you voted for Bob Dole in '96 you might as well be Hitler, that George W. Bush would still be president? **** no. I almost voted for Bush, and I despise the guy, but I simply didn't want my vote to vindicate retards like you.

Sure there's reason to believe that perhaps rich whiney kids become conservative, but then you have to answer the question "where did the image of the New England liberal elite come from?" See, both sides try to paint pictures of the other side, liberals want people to believe that conservatives are all fat rich white men who sit in their shadowy dens lit only by the fireplace, which reflects like the flames of hell on the heads of the animals they killed on their latest hunting trip, and they sit scheming for the next way to make Tiny Tim's dad work through Christmas, and want people ignore the republicans who vote so because they are moral people who believe that free enterprise is what made this country great. And conservatives want us all to believe that all liberals are yuppies who graduated from Princeton without ever studying, and then waltzing onto the country club for the rest of their lives while living of Daddy's investments while their pot smoking gay teens wear ponchos and go to Bonaroo, and completely ignore the democrats who are moral and believe that it's the American urge to help those in need that makes America great.

The fact of the matter is whoever started this **** is ****ing retarded.

Tell it like it is sir, you have my attention!;)

PerryLogan said:
A new study at Berkeley proves what we all knew all along--snotty, whiny kind grow up to be conservatives. The cool kids become liberals.

This information will help us weed out incipient conservatives before they get old enough to screw up the country.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1142722231554

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for the results of this study. The "cool" kids spend a lot of time doing drugs. The resultant brain damage causes spontaneous liberalism. (I was lucky. When I quit doing drugs, I recovered.) If you want to "weed out incipient conservatives" at a young age, you might try dropping all children on their heads at a young age. The future liberals will be unaffected.

And as for the last paragraph, "outgoing" is a just nice word for "sl#ts".

--All of this is meant in good humor, except for the stuff about liberals, which is completely factual.

Does anyone have access to the structural schematics for UC Berkley? I have a great idea for an anti-terrorist operation. Listen up Soldiers!

Okay, here's the plan. Highly trained Debate Politics Field Operatives leak the Berkley Specs to Al-Queda. We monitor their communications so that when they begin their attack, we are ready.

The Al-Queda attackers infiltrate UC Berkley (They should pass as faculty with little difficulty). The terrorists take controll of the entire campus and issue the usual demands from their Berkley HQ ("release all military prisoners, get out of the Middle East, death to Isreal" . . . You know, the same demands that have been coming out of Berkley for years.)

When the government refuses to capitulate, the terrorists begin to execute hostages. (New York Times Headline: Students Killed By Bush Foreign Policy)

After Spielberg has grabbed the movie rights, the Airforce levels the whole campus with thermobaric weapons, taking the terrorists completely by surprise. The terrorists will assume we won't spend the lives of our citizens. (But we'll all know they're only Berkley people).

aps said:
SouthernDemocrat, you know what you are talking about! Thank you!

I have said this many, many times. I went to a pretty good college that has the highest percentage of National Merit Scholars in the country. I just went to my 20th college reunion, and it was absolutely heaven to be surrounded by mostly democrats. All of my closest friends are PhD's, MD's, JD's, and MBA's, and all but one of them are democrats. So for aquapub to say that the more educated people are the more likely they will be republicans is a joke. Look at graduates from the Ivy League schools--the majority of them are democrats/liberals. There's a reason for that. People who think and are educated are much more tolerant of others and care about others more than they care about $$$$$.

Actually, the numbers used in both this and the last post are skewed. If you look at income, here is how it broke down in 2004 (which is by no means dem/rep)

Under 15,000 - Kerry 63%, Bush 36%
15-30 - Kerry 57%, Bush 42%
30-50 - Kerry 50%, Bush 49%
50-75 - Bush 56%, Kerry 43%
75-100 - Bush 55%, Kerry 45%
100-150 - Bush 57%, Kerry 42%
150-XXX - Bush 60%, Kerry 40%

So if you look at it, the 30-50 range is basically a toss up. The extreme poor broke for Kerry, the lower middle class were even, and the upper middle class/rich broke for bush. Doesn't seem that ridiculous to me.

And if you want to talk education:

No High school - Kerry 50%, Bush 49% (so much for dumb rednecks for Bush)
HS Grad - Bush 52%, Kerry 47%
Some College - Bush 54%, Kerry 46%
College Grad - Bush 52%, Kerry 46%
Post Grad - Kerry 55%, Bush 44%

So the skew really isnt that significant. Considering that the percentage of people who have post grad who voted is 16% and the percentage of people who are college grads was 26%, if you calc it out, of all people who graduated college, its an exact 50 50 split.

Also, Logan.

If you want people to take you seriously, id suggest removing any pictures of yourself.

One look at you and I can immediately tell:

"HOLY **** THAT GUY'S NUTS"

RightatNYU said:
Also, Logan.

If you want people to take you seriously, id suggest removing any pictures of yourself.

One look at you and I can immediately tell:

"HOLY **** THAT GUY'S NUTS"
Wait a minute. I thought that was his wife.

KCConservative said:
Wait a minute. I thought that was his wife.

http://www.iammyownwife.com/

photo_JM_03.jpg

KCConservative said:
I saw it on Broadway. Phenominal. One of the best plays I have ever seen.

And the resemblence is uncanny

I might get called by they who are called they on this one.

Mr. Logan came to us a long time ago with a very weak, lame TT. "Why Republicans know no humor." It sucked. I answered with a TT showing how it is done. I gave cnredd a PM to take the opposite side of the TT topic. He was tasked with dogging the right. He nailed it. Mine was funny, cnredd's killed, Mr. Logans was not. He went away for a while. He came back months later with a weak, lame Top Twenty about conservatives and firearms. Of course I came back with a TT. And then proceded to dog him. Looks like Mr. Logan is gone again. I take full responsibility for driving him away. "Because he Sucked". Mr. Logan has his own web site. I went there. It sucks. Mr. Logan also took it upon hisself to go and contribute to the "9/11 was an inside job" thread. He gave links to sites that say what I say fresh from my colossal brain. Even though Mr. Logan agrees with me on this topic, he fails to put it into his own words and provides links like he knows what they are talking about. I do. He doesn't. That don't cut it with the basement Warden. I told him such. I will provide a link to Mr. Logan's web site in the below attachment. Give him some Email love telling him he sucks and say that teacher sent you.

Because of my animosity for Mr. Logan I now give his thread to...

The Dungeon.

I'm gonna get called on this one.

Attachments

• My guys 141.JPG
    My guys 141.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom