• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

It's YOUR claim.... First golf ball, then soft ball. Neither of which a logical.

So, why do you imagine there is a study based on your wild inaccuracies?
He doesnt why do you feed the trolls?

1. Please show the risk of death from. The vaccine..is greater than.. Risk of death from. Covid
2. Please show the risk of hospitalization from the vaccine is greater than the risk of hospitalization from covid
3 Please show the risk of serious long term complication from. The vaccine are freater than the risks of long term complications from covid.
You can't answer this! Because the vaccine is so new and relatively untested as vaccines normally go AND the side effects are being found out about after the child is injected. We do know that kids are among the lowest risk for severe covid complications. As a parent I would opt my child out because of the heart issue alone. The unknown isn't worth the known in this case.

You do realize that they are using us as the test rabbits?

Just heard that the Pfizer vaccine is killing some old folks........The review reported on 19 May and concluded that a causal link between the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and death was considered “likely” in 10 of the 100 cases, “possible” in 26 cases, and “unlikely” in 59 cases. The remaining five were deemed “unclassifiable.”........10 likely and 26 possible.

I wouldn't expose my kids to this test on the fly. Not worth it.

So do you believe your community doctors that recommend masks and distancing and vaccination are all part of a giant conspiracy?
Nope! I believe that they are giving the best advise they can.

Now if they told me to continue wearing a mask since I have been vaccinated already then yes.

Because Walmart also sells essential items like food. Your neighborhood jeweler doesn’t.
I can refute thousands of your examples.
It’s acceptable risk to catch Covid at Walmart, but not at Pops jewelry store? As long as when we take the risk we are paying the corporate elites to do so? The government allows just a few elites the opportunity to kill us.

In other words..you have no idea.
Getting a mild case or being asymptomatic means they may be MORE LIKELY to spread covid because others like their grandma or parent or uncle won't know to stay away or avoid contact.
Easy to find the info you seek. Find it yourself. I already posted it anyway. Kids are not good spreaders. They don't know why but they aren't. Spend 20 seconds and type it into Google and see for yourself. Good lord you guys are helpless.

When I'm in doubt about some stupid crap you guys come up with.......I research it myself. That's why I always destroy your pathetic arguments. When I engage the debate, I come prepared.

Asking for proof every freaking time is often a stall tactic. You are seen as responding yet with nothing to back your argument except of course the doubt you just placed on your opponent.

It almost always means you are defeated.

And where did you get that information? The National Enquirer? I gave you an article that proves its not true, that kids are at least as likely to spread the disease as adults.
You conveniently ignored that because it doesn't fit your warped narrative.
"A number of studies show low rates of pediatric SARS-CoV-2 infection and spread and mild symptoms in infected children, the study authors note. But they also point to studies that show that children shed virus at levels comparable to adults—suggesting that children could be a significant source of community transmission—with households thought to be one of the most common settings for transmission."

Another
"
Are kids any more or less likely than adults to spread coronavirus?

Most children who become infected with the COVID-19 virus have no symptoms, or they have milder symptoms such as low-grade fever, fatigue, and cough. Early studies suggested that children do not contribute much to the spread of coronavirus. But more recent studies raise concerns that children could be capable of spreading the infection"

From Harvard health BTW.
And the center for infectious disease research and policy

Kids are capable BUT not contributing to the spread very much.

Now you have your proof. Do you believe us.now?

I've had to wear respirators for work, enjoying around hazardous material and it's always very very important that they seal around your face. These little novelty masks people are wearing don't do that.
I agree 100%. And they are germ incubators.

The bottom line is that you have no realistic solution as to where stable LTC residents ready for transfer from acute care hospitals should have been sent. Your solution is "isolation". Where? Mars? This is the predicament the governors faced: overcrowded hospitals during the peak of the pandemic and no good solution as to where to transfer stable LTC residents who have recovered from Covid.
Unless you have a realistic solution you should stop whining about where the governors recommended these humans be transferred to.
Look at what Ron DeSantis did in FLORIDA. That's what you do!

Look at what Cuomo did. That's what you don't do!

Simple! Red beat Blue again lol.

Cuomo lied and people died!

It's YOUR claim.... First golf ball, then soft ball. Neither of which a logical.

So, why do you imagine there is a study based on your wild inaccuracies?
No scientific studies on this, amirite?

You keep lying. Just about all of the observational studies deal with the openings on the sides of peoples noses and cheeks. In fact.. they deal with the people that pull down their mask past their nose.. and they deal with the people that let their mask get wet and still wear it.
The studies almost always include these people because the studies DO NOT.. require compliance and training with mask wearing. They all include the general public which has NOT been trained to get a good seal.. and therefore have those "openings".

THIS HAS BEEN EXPLAINED TO YOU.. So at this point.. you are just propagating a lie you know to be a lie.
Jaeger there are no scientific studies of how much Covid goes through those mask openings. Show me just one. Not some survey.

No scientific studies on the effects of unicorn farts on global warming either.
So lemme get this straight. You and others here argue that masks are effective in spite of the fact that the states without them fare no worse. We know scientifically that masks do not filter out all particles and enough get through to cause infections. We all know there are openings on the sides of people’s noses and cheeks that are large from the size of a marble to larger. We know there are zero studies on this which is like my example of a dam that has four large holes in it and expecting it to still hold water.

This is really cray cray time for humanity to still say masks work. What is WRONG with people??!!!

Jaeger there are no scientific studies of how much Covid goes through those mask openings. Show me just one. Not some survey.
Doesn't need to be. Now this has already been explained to.you.
However again...multiple studies have been done over communities. These studies include people who have those fgolf ball or whatever sized holes you claim..they include the people that leave their nose uncovered and they include those who wear the mask absolutely correctly and everything in between.
And they find masks are still effective in decreasing community spread.
All various types of wear were included..and thus the studies are valid. It's how research works.

I have been saying this for over a year. Plenty of examples here at DP

Mask don’t work

——-

Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19​

The first ecological study of state mask mandates and their use to include data from the winter case spike has found that widespread mask-wearing likely didn’t slow the spread of COVID-19.

The study, conducted by the University of Louisville using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, found that “80% of US states mandated masks during the COVID-19 pandemic,” but while “mandates induced greater mask compliance, [they] did not predict lower growth rates when community spread was low (minima) or high (maxima).” The study also found that “mask mandates and use are not associated with lower SARS-CoV-2 spread among US states.”

I knew a person, a client who became a friend, who was morbidly obese who contracted Covid despite being a passionate user and advocate of all mitigation measures recommended by the government.

The chances that he ever left his private residence without a mask were absolutely nil. He died with Covid in 2020.

So lemme get this straight. You and others here argue that masks are effective in spite of the fact that the states without them fare no worse. We know scientifically that masks do not filter out all particles and enough get through to cause infections. We all know there are openings on the sides of people’s noses and cheeks that are large from the size of a marble to larger. We know there are zero studies on this which is like my example of a dam that has four large holes in it and expecting it to still hold water.

This is really cray cray time for humanity to still say masks work. What is WRONG with people??!!!
All your points have been addressed ad nauseum by people and you have been shown why your assumptions are utterly wrong
1. Comparing one state with another is invalid because of the geographical..cultural..temporal..demographically etc. differences
2. Masks filter out enough particles and redirect enough particles to reduce the chance of spread. Your own studies that you linked to showed that and the authors of those studies recommended wearing masks along with other strategies..like distancing and air filtration.
3. There doesn't need to be studies on people with golf ball sized holes ...because all types of wearers were included in these studies. And yet masks are still effective in slowing community spread
You've been proven wrong so so so many times on so so so much.
The question is..what's wrong with you?.

Kids are capable BUT not contributing to the spread very much.

Now you have your proof. Do you believe us.now?

Sorry
You didn’t provide a link. I did provide a link to an article from a respected medical newsletter indicating that kids are 60% more likely to spread the virus than adults.
Do you believe it now?

Doesn't need to be. Now this has already been explained to.you.
However again...multiple studies have been done over communities. These studies include people who have those fgolf ball or whatever sized holes you claim..they include the people that leave their nose uncovered and they include those who wear the mask absolutely correctly and everything in between.
And they find masks are still effective in decreasing community spread.
All various types of wear were included..and thus the studies are valid. It's how research works.
Those were not scientific at all. They amounted to surveys and you know this and are doing a huge disservice to your profession.

"A number of studies show low rates of pediatric SARS-CoV-2 infection and spread and mild symptoms in infected children, the study authors note. But they also point to studies that show that children shed virus at levels comparable to adults—suggesting that children could be a significant source of community transmission—with households thought to be one of the most common settings for transmission."

Another
"
Are kids any more or less likely than adults to spread coronavirus?

Most children who become infected with the COVID-19 virus have no symptoms, or they have milder symptoms such as low-grade fever, fatigue, and cough. Early studies suggested that children do not contribute much to the spread of coronavirus. But more recent studies raise concerns that children could be capable of spreading the infection"

From Harvard health BTW.
And the center for infectious disease research and policy
Your quotes support that children are significant spreaders.

It's people like the OP (who spread dangerous information) that caused extra Americans to be infected.

Do any of you guys know people who died from COVID? Can you put 2 and 2 together?

It’s acceptable risk to catch Covid at Walmart, but not at Pops jewelry store? As long as when we take the risk we are paying the corporate elites to do so? The government allows just a few elites the opportunity to kill us.

You are far too hung up on non-issues. This has nothing to do with how big a business is or who they support politically. It ONLY has to do with whether or not the business in question provides essential services.
We can live without flowers or jewelry; food and plumbing supplies that may preserve a water supply are needed to maintain life.
Got it yet?

Those were not scientific at all. They amounted to surveys and you know this and are doing a huge disservice to your profession.
Bull puckey..they were good observational studies that were published in peer reviewed journals.
In fact one of the studies I linked to was a systematic review which is the most powerful of studies general speaking
You have no understanding of research which you display REPEATEDLY.
All you are doing is prolonging the epidemic.

Back
Top Bottom