• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

Your quotes support that children are significant spreaders.

I don’t trust any of his summaries without a link to the actual article. I discount them as out of context but in this case even his summary states that kids are a significant vector for viral spread.

I don’t trust any of his summaries without a link to the actual article. I discount them as out of context but in this case even his summary states that kids are a significant vector for viral spread.
Well..one of the reasons those " early studies" showed kids weren't significant spreaders?
Was because 5hey were done at a time and in communities were the children were not in school and were most isolated.
No school..no gatherings..no dates..
Children were the most isolated compared to adults that still worked..still shopped.. etc.
So it's a no Brainerd why the early studies showed little child spread.
Fast forward to schools opening up..etc.
Studies then show significant spread.

Well..one of the reasons those " early studies" showed kids weren't significant spreaders?
Was because 5hey were done at a time and in communities were the children were not in school and were most isolated.
No school..no gatherings..no dates..
Children were the most isolated compared to adults that still worked..still shopped.. etc.
So it's a no Brainerd why the early studies showed little child spread.
Fast forward to schools opening up..etc.
Studies then show significant spread.

All true

My point was that when someone who is impeding progress on the pandemic here (and we have a few of them posting here) writes a summary of a study he saw but fails to provide a link to it so we can properly evaluate it its highly likely that it was taken out of context or was simply a poorly designed study.
Basically, no link=no credibility.

All true

My point was that when someone who is impeding progress on the pandemic here (and we have a few of them posting here) writes a summary of a study he saw but fails to provide a link to it so we can properly evaluate it its highly likely that it was taken out of context or was simply a poorly designed study.
Basically, no link=no credibility.
Well.i think that's in part because the anti maskers have learned their lesson.
When they link to the study..
We find the study actually refutes what they have been saying.
That has made them gun shy.

Well said but and it's a BIG BUTT they won't comprehend a word of it.

They are fixated on this notion that because a mask can stop some infectious material that they work.

They will follow the most complicated trail to get to their desired outcome but ignore the obvious things like large holes on the side of masks, improper use, bad materials etc.

They also refuse to factor other things like how many are sickened or died from the constant hands to the face adjusting the mask, the false sense of security caused by mask use, and the OTHER sicknesses caused by the dirty mask itself.

Same with the lock down issue. They just refuse to acknowledge all the bad things and all the deaths caused by the lock downs. Murder, rape, addiction, mental health issues, suicide, and many many more all through the roof from the lock down.

Basically they are emotionally driven people. They just cannot think critically and it shows.
Ask yourself this question; 'why is it that in those Southeast nations where masks are habitually worn, they have enjoyed astonishing success in combating the disease?' If your answer contains the phrase 'because they wore masks, having learned from previous pandemics', you will have learned something...

Look at what Ron DeSantis did in FLORIDA. That's what you do!

Look at what Cuomo did. That's what you don't do!

Simple! Red beat Blue again lol.

Cuomo lied and people died!
Couldn't answer the question, could you. Where exactly should Cuomo have sent stable LTC residents after they had recovered from Covid and were no longer contagious and ready for discharge from an acute care hospital? We are not discussing DeSantis now, we are ONLY discussing where these patients should have been sent. Of course, if you can't answer this directly I will assume that you have no valid answer and that you only want to whine about a governor who is a democrat just for the sake of whining.

Here you go: post number 430

Here is proof that your post is false, again. This is from WebMD, a highly respected medical blog:

While children are less susceptible to illness with the new coronavirus, they are nearly 60% more likely than adults over 60 to infect other family members when they are sick, a new study shows.

Kids Highly Likely to Transmit COVID to Others

While children are less susceptible to illness with the new coronavirus, they are nearly 60% more likely than adults over 60 to infect other family members when they are sick, a new study shows.
www.webmd.com
www.webmd.com
Lol completely opposite what I have posted. How? Then you read it closely. OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS!!!!!![b/] so sick kids infect those who care for them lol. News flash.....parent's must be within close proximity to their child to care for them. Kinda shits on mask efficacy since you know damn good and well parents are all masked up knowing JR is potentially deadly lol.

They aren't big spreaders to everyone else according to the experts.

How would you know what those real leaders should do? So please let us in on the problems of nursing homes and what specifically leaders should do to solve them. ..
Ask Ron DeSantis. He did it right. Take a second to look FOR YOURSELF!

I think he has me on ignore because he cannot refute anything I say here. You can copy my post if you like so he can see it.
Oh....he has no evidence.
I have refuted your posts and j19's. I have provided links and other proof only to be ignored lol.

Provided links to experts saying masks don't work

Provided links that say kids are not big spreaders.

Provided links that hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin have shown to help save lives.

Provided links that fauci lied about virus origin.

Provided links that the vaccines were causing deaths and serious side effects.

Provided links that covid deaths are much less than what is being told to us because they are counting anyone who dies with covid as dying from covid.

For what you guys dont care. You are brainwashed fake news drones. Para is probably tired of linking for nothing.

It's not my job to prove what I say. It's your job to prove it wrong if you think it's wrong. I don't have to prove innocence. You must prove guilt.

Hiw
Bull puckey..they were good observational studies that were published in peer reviewed journals.
In fact one of the studies I linked to was a systematic review which is the most powerful of studies general speaking
You have no understanding of research which you display REPEATEDLY.
All you are doing is prolonging the epidemic.
do they peer review self given survey info?

Ask yourself this question; 'why is it that in those Southeast nations where masks are habitually worn, they have enjoyed astonishing success in combating the disease?' If your answer contains the phrase 'because they wore masks, having learned from previous pandemics', you will have learned something...
There's a theory being tested that mask wearing has the potential for variolation.
It could give small amounts of virus, enough for you to build some antibodies to it but not enough to get very ill. They've tested people in Asia and quite a few have some immunity to Covid. Their guess is it's from SARS Covid, which had circulated before but because of masks they got asymptomatic cases.
Also, several places in the U.S. where mask wearing was taking place, and the majority got asymptomatic cases, or very very mild cases. A cruise ship study as well. Same thing.

So, another reason to wear a mask, especially if you are too afraid to get the vaccine. You may be giving yourself a vaccine against Covid just by wearing one. You'll at least not get as ill with a lower viral load.

Ask Ron DeSantis. He did it right. Take a second to look FOR YOURSELF!
Florida had thousands of nursing home deaths from covid.
Their policy for return to nursing homes was less stringent than ny..which is why in part they had a surge in nursing home cases during the holidays.
So please explain...

I have refuted your posts and j19's. I have provided links and other proof only to be ignored lol.

Provided links to experts saying masks don't work

Provided links that say kids are not big spreaders.

Provided links that hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin have shown to help save lives.

Provided links that fauci lied about virus origin.

Provided links that the vaccines were causing deaths and serious side effects.

Provided links that covid deaths are much less than what is being told to us because they are counting anyone who dies with covid as dying from covid.

For what you guys dont care. You are brainwashed fake news drones. Para is probably tired of linking for nothing.

It's not my job to prove what I say. It's your job to prove it wrong if you think it's wrong. I don't have to prove innocence. You must prove guilt.

Actually, it IS your job to prove what you state-as I proved to you that kids are 60% more likely to spread the virus than adults with a link to a reputable source. Remember: all opinions are not created equal. Those backed up by facts are worth more than those backed up by fantasy-which makes your posts worthless.
Tell you what: you can continue to live on a different planet where reality=fantasy and take all the ivermectin you want. I have tried to educate you but some people just can’t be taught.
Every single statement you wrote is false and until you can bring yourself to provide proof from a reputable source normal person won’t believe you.

All your points have been addressed ad nauseum by people and you have been shown why your assumptions are utterly wrong
1. Comparing one state with another is invalid because of the geographical..cultural..temporal..demographically etc. differences
2. Masks filter out enough particles and redirect enough particles to reduce the chance of spread. Your own studies that you linked to showed that and the authors of those studies recommended wearing masks along with other strategies..like distancing and air filtration.
3. There doesn't need to be studies on people with golf ball sized holes ...because all types of wearers were included in these studies. And yet masks are still effective in slowing community spread
You've been proven wrong so so so many times on so so so much.
The question is..what's wrong with you?.
Yes. I have questions. WHEN will you provide your scientific proof, you are presenting no facts and all speculation and CLAIMS. This is not good at all. We have gone over this many times.

Let's not forget also that people don't dispose of them every 8 hours like they're supposed to they probably wear the same one for months.

Irrelevant
If people disposed of them every 10 minutes in your fantasy world they would still be useless.

Irrelevant
If people disposed of them every 10 minutes in your fantasy world they would still be useless.
That's false I never said they were useless.

They have a functional use that's why they exist they don't slow the spread of covid that's not what they were designed for.

I'm sorry you were brainwashed by this nonsense I knew better before they even started with you.

Every bit of information you ever wanted to know about masks is provided by NIOSH. The fact that you don't educate yourself it's part of the problem you're having.

If you want to try and tell me you're not having a problem why is it every time I make statements about this you have to come respond to them like your words are going to mean anything to me?

Yes. I have questions. WHEN will you provide your scientific proof, you are presenting no facts and all speculation and CLAIMS. This is not good at all. We have gone over this many times.
Yep..we have gone over this many times with you..as have others. The scientific evidence has been presented to you that masks slow the rate of infection. That scientific evidence is overwhelming.
The only real question here is why you continue to persist..though proven wrong time and time again.
Why do you think that all your medical providers are recommending masks when you say they don't work? Why do you think your medical providers are part of a conspiracy?
Once you stated about some oath? But you had no clarification.
Who do we supposedly swear this oath to and for what purpose?
I find your brand of denialism ( you should look thr term up) fascinating. Does it stem from deep seated anxiety and fear. Is it due to self identity...or is it tied to group identity?

They have a functional use that's why they exist they don't slow the spread of covid that's not what they were designed for.

I'm sorry you were brainwashed by this nonsense I knew better before they even started with you.

Every bit of information you ever wanted to know about masks is provided by NIOSH. The fact that you don't educate yourself it's part of the problem you're having.

If you want to try and tell me you're not having a problem why is it every time I make statements about this you have to come respond to them like your words are going to mean anything to me?
I am curious about your denialism as well. Does it stem from fear and anxiety?
Is it due to identity issues..
Or is it group issues?

Masks reduce but do not eliminate transmission.
I don’t debate facts

Masks reduce but do not eliminate transmission.
I don’t debate facts
If you can't debate that your beliefs are facts then that is a problem with you. Irrational person would stop and think about it and maybe even reevaluate their beliefs.

You can't establish what you believe to be facts of therefore it isn't. If you could you would and any debate would be over. And you wouldn't have to whine to me that you don't debate things that you failed to prove.

If you can't debate that your beliefs are facts then that is a problem with you. Irrational person would stop and think about it and maybe even reevaluate their beliefs.

You can't establish what you believe to be facts of therefore it isn't. If you could you would and any debate would be over. And you wouldn't have to whine to me that you don't debate things that you failed to prove.

I also won’t debate the FACT that where I live it’s Friday.
Same thing
Debating facts is a waste of my time

Hiw
do they peer review self given survey info?
Absolutely!!! As long as the scientific methods for selection..having a large enough N.. and criteria for valid and reliable statistical analysis is met!!!
You realize that most adverse reaction to the vaccine are the result of self reporting right?

Back
Top Bottom