• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

I’m not causing the pandemic to last. This pandemic was made worse by the way government t responded to it. We should have protected the elderly and compromised people and left rest of us alone to carry on the business of the country.

You supported the fear and panic mongering and the single most egregious abuse of power in US history.
Sure you are. You advocate for things that the medical community.. KNOWS is prolonging the epidemic. You advocate for "protecting the elderly".. while no changes to the rest of the community;
Well sir.. that was tried in Sweden. Didn;t work. And thats BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO "PROTECT THE ELDERLY".. from a pandemic if the rest of society doesn't abide by pandemic precautions.
The way to protect the elderly and the vulnerable is for the rest of society to manage their behavior so that they do not spread the virus, and so that they do not become petri dishes to grow ever virulent and dangerous variants.

Its why your community medical providers.. have been calling for masking, distancing, hand washing and vaccinating.

Please tell me how you know better than your own medical providers? I ask you this.. but why do you think your own medical providers are in on this mass conspiracy?

Sure you are. You advocate for things that the medical community.. KNOWS is prolonging the epidemic. You advocate for "protecting the elderly".. while no changes to the rest of the community;
Well sir.. that was tried in Sweden. Didn;t work. And thats BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO "PROTECT THE ELDERLY".. from a pandemic if the rest of society doesn't abide by pandemic precautions.
The way to protect the elderly and the vulnerable is for the rest of society to manage their behavior so that they do not spread the virus, and so that they do not become petri dishes to grow ever virulent and dangerous variants.

Its why your community medical providers.. have been calling for masking, distancing, hand washing and vaccinating.

Please tell me how you know better than your own medical providers? I ask you this.. but why do you think your own medical providers are in on this mass conspiracy?
Dismissed as partisan ranting.

First paragraph of your link:

The practice of social distancing and wearing masks has been popular worldwide in combating the contraction of COVID-19. Undeniably, although such practices help control the COVID-19 pandemic to a greater extent, the complete control of virus-laden droplet and aerosol transmission by such practices is poorly understood.

Later:

The facemasks play a major role in preventing both droplets and aerosols from transmitting the disease from an infected person to a host.

And the "softball-sized openings on the sides of one's nose and cheeks" is a stupid thing to say.
Since you have asked me to provide the science on aerosol particles, I ask that you provide any and all scientific studies on the transmission of particles through those openings I mentioned.

That an agency would STILL recommend masks even though they know aerosol particles go right through them is a given. There is no downside to them for doing so and if they didn't it would be like them not telling a patient to take aspirin when they have a headache.

Since you have asked me to provide the science on aerosol particles, I ask that you provide any and all scientific studies on the transmission of particles through those openings I mentioned.

That an agency would STILL recommend masks even though they know aerosol particles go right through them is a given. There is no downside to them for doing so and if they didn't it would be like them not telling a patient to take aspirin when they have a headache.

Your own link disproves your claim.

It’s exactly because of this kind of crap that you post here that has caused the pandemic to last much longer than necessary.
You and people who think like you are part of the problem, not part of the solution. That kind of thinking is an infection on our society and it should be isolated and eliminated for the good of the normal people who belong here.
And it's precisely this kind of fear mongering that you guys need to keep and expand your power.

He just perfectly destroyed masks using the science that we have today. Just as many of the other claims by the left have been destroyed. Just as the covid origin was destroyed. The new buzz word "existential threat" lol! Millions will die in the U.S. they said.........then they have to count people who die with covid as having died from covid to reach 1/4 of that number. Fear peddler is all you are.

And you come and try to change my thinking! Lol because you drink the kool-aid we have to be silenced and follow lock step? I wore the mask when forced to. I chose to take an experimental rushed vaccine. That doesn't change the fact that masks allow virus to pass through just via normal breathing. Hundreds of thousands when only a small amount are infectious. It doesnt change the fact that masks have adverse effects as I have already posted.

The debate is on mask efficacy. We have fully and thoroughly supported our position with facts.....some from your side. We have also given anecdotal evidence between states with and without mask mandates having similar infection rates. We need do nothing more! You are wrong as shown by the evidence. Your thinking therefore is the WRONG one not ours. Your thinking was based in fear and ours in science.

Perhaps it's your thinking that needs to be changed and your false fear mongering words that need to be silenced.

Your own link disproves your claim.
It does not You just ignore the parts you cannot refute. That a doctor still says masks should be worn is irrelevant to the fact that NO studies, I repeat NONE deal with the openings on the sides of people's noses and cheeks and therein lies the key as to why people that wear them STILL catch covid.

Because Walmart also sells essential items like food. Your neighborhood jeweler doesn’t.
I can refute thousands of your examples.
So Walmart can sell non essential but not the mom and pops. I just love the way the left screw over the hard working middle class in favor of the big corporate America that bribes I mean funds their parties and party puppets. I guess now that the Clintons are set for life thanks to their 1/4 billion in bribes I mean for speeches it is the Biden's turn. Hunter I guess will get rich off of some scam from the rich and powerful in exchange for political favors from daddy. The only thing I love is the fact that Trump ruined their plans for Hillary. She got their money and they got nothing. Lets hope it will happen again.

So you believe that hospitals and the doctors were ordered to send patients that were infectious back to nursing homes?
First..please explain how the nursing home patients got covid in the first place..if you contend they got it from being sent back from the hospital? They had to get covid to be SENT to the hospital.
Second explain medically when a patient with covid can be sent home..to nursing home or wherever..or do you contend they need to live in the hospital forever?
Do yourself a huge favor and look up what Cuomo did in NY. You seem not to have a clue. Probably a CNN or msnbc fan boy.

Cuomo ORDERED covid infected elderly back into the nursing homes that they came from. While still sick! It doesn't matter if they originally got it in the nursing home. Once out they can't infect others. The most vulnerable population.

You don't need a medical explanation of when someone can go back to normal life after being sick with covid. You need to explain why Cuomo sent them back still suffering from it. He didn't wait till they were clear and no longer infectious. That's the point.

I agree. You cant stop a respiratory virus with a mask.
I've had to wear respirators for work, enjoying around hazardous material and it's always very very important that they seal around your face. These little novelty masks people are wearing don't do that.

It does not You just ignore the parts you cannot refute. That a doctor still says masks should be worn is irrelevant to the fact that NO studies, I repeat NONE deal with the openings on the sides of people's noses and cheeks and therein lies the key as to why people that wear them STILL catch covid.

I bolded the intentional ignorance of the benefits of masks.

I've had to wear respirators for work, enjoying around hazardous material and it's always very very important that they seal around your face. These little novelty masks people are wearing don't do that.

The so called "novelty masks" aren't designed for industrial use.

They are sufficient to help reduce the transfer of COVID.

Science is science is science.
so is proof of the Flat Earth to a flat Earth.

I already heard your opinion.

You have proven to be remarkably resistant to science and facts.
Just like I am too the flat earthers Who present their science and facts to me.

I don't argue with flatterers I'm not going to argue with you believe what you wish. Call what you believe whatever you want to call it.

Feel free to insult anyone who questions you that's the sign of someone who has firmly grounded beliefs.

so is proof of the Flat Earth to a flat Earth.

Incorrect.

I already heard your opinion.

Which is based on science as opposed to the no-maskers here.

Just like I am too the flat earthers Who present their science and facts to me.

You are the flat-earther in this equation.

I don't argue with flatterers I'm not going to argue with you believe what you wish. Call what you believe whatever you want to call it.

Again, you are the flat-earther in this equation.

Feel free to insult anyone who questions you that's the sign of someone who has firmly grounded beliefs.

Scince doesn't work on you. That isn't an insult. It is truth proven with your posts.

Incorrect.

Which is based on science as opposed to the no-maskers here.

You are the flat-earther in this equation.

Again, you are the flat-earther in this equation.

Scince doesn't work on you. That isn't an insult. It is truth proven with your posts.
You can believe whatever you want to believe is science I'm not arguing with you about that.

Quit begging me for my affirmation you will never get it.

You can believe whatever you want to believe is science I'm not arguing with you about that.

Quit begging me for my affirmation you will never get it.

Begging?

:ROFLMAO:

I believe non scientific BS should be countered when seen.

You are just one of many prattling nonsense.

If you don't like it, get science. Who knows. You may like it.

And it's precisely this kind of fear mongering that you guys need to keep and expand your power.

He just perfectly destroyed masks using the science that we have today. Just as many of the other claims by the left have been destroyed. Just as the covid origin was destroyed. The new buzz word "existential threat" lol! Millions will die in the U.S. they said.........then they have to count people who die with covid as having died from covid to reach 1/4 of that number. Fear peddler is all you are.

And you come and try to change my thinking! Lol because you drink the kool-aid we have to be silenced and follow lock step? I wore the mask when forced to. I chose to take an experimental rushed vaccine. That doesn't change the fact that masks allow virus to pass through just via normal breathing. Hundreds of thousands when only a small amount are infectious. It doesnt change the fact that masks have adverse effects as I have already posted.

The debate is on mask efficacy. We have fully and thoroughly supported our position with facts.....some from your side. We have also given anecdotal evidence between states with and without mask mandates having similar infection rates. We need do nothing more! You are wrong as shown by the evidence. Your thinking therefore is the WRONG one not ours. Your thinking was based in fear and ours in science.

Perhaps it's your thinking that needs to be changed and your false fear mongering words that need to be silenced.

I will not debate the FACT that masks reduce but do not eliminate transmission. Those who disagree should be silenced because they are part of the problem not part of the solution. You wear a mask when required: bully for you. No extra credit for doing the right thing. Covidiots who refuse to wear a mask when required are rightfully called maskholes. They should be isolated from society until the pandemic is over. Same with the covidiots who refuse vaccination without a medical excuse. Duterte has it right: he said he would arrest anyone who refuses vaccination.
If you are afraid too bad. No one is making you be afraid; thats on you. The normal people here have a healthy respect for the virus and insist that everything possible be done to lessen its impact-things like requiring vaccination as a condition of employment and requiring (and enforcing) masks and other scientifically proven mitigation measures.
Glad to hear that you are behaving yourself in public, albeit grudgingly so.

Complain all you want. Talk is cheap. Just behave yourself in public.

So Walmart can sell non essential but not the mom and pops. I just love the way the left screw over the hard working middle class in favor of the big corporate America that bribes I mean funds their parties and party puppets. I guess now that the Clintons are set for life thanks to their 1/4 billion in bribes I mean for speeches it is the Biden's turn. Hunter I guess will get rich off of some scam from the rich and powerful in exchange for political favors from daddy. The only thing I love is the fact that Trump ruined their plans for Hillary. She got their money and they got nothing. Lets hope it will happen again.

This is not a discussion about the Clintons. I won’t allow you to change the subject no matter how convenient it might be for you.
I was educating you about why Walmart can stay open but your local flower shop can’t during necessary lockdowns.
If your flower shop also sold food as part of their business they too would be permitted to remain open.
Is it clear yet?

Back
Top Bottom