• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Study: Conservatives are happier than liberals.

Oh my...how deep of waters you're swimming in. Back to the shallow end for you.

That's not an answer. That's you deflecting (poorly).

You tried to introduce some study from 2011 to "prove" that liberals are angry in 2019. Now you are saying that smart technology leads to psychological disorders.

Is one to assume that only liberals use smart technology to lead them to be angrier in 2019?

Ignorance is bliss.

*edit no doubt others have said it..I see they have. Still it's from my gut.

Look, Troll enjoy trolling, and it makes everyone else mad. Trolls are probably also some of the happiest posters.

#Irony

That's not an answer. That's you deflecting (poorly).

You tried to introduce some study from 2011 to "prove" that liberals are angry in 2019. Now you are saying that smart technology leads to psychological disorders.

Is one to assume that only liberals use smart technology to lead them to be angrier in 2019?

I'm not defecting...it's just that your question/statement is incredibly stupid. Those things are not mutually exclusive. Conservatives can be happier than liberals and the younger folks who grew up with smart phones and social media can have an increase in mental disorders.

I'm not defecting...it's just that your question/statement is incredibly stupid. Those things are not mutually exclusive. Conservatives can be happier than liberals and the younger folks who grew up with smart phones and social media can have an increase in mental disorders.

Yes, these people can.

Do these things.

Which answers no questions.

I think you've fizzled out here.

Lol...see? That's why I like her so much. I get to see how many think she's smart when she's so obviously pretty dumb. The things she says are so hilarious. Could you remind me which of the three chambers of Congress she got elected?

When I listen to AOC I see her as the gift that keeps on giving. She rather reminds me of the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz and a jelly fish. One spent 90 minutes in a movie looking for his and the other doesn't possess one.

I liked your link. Thanks for sharing. A liberal's glass is often half empty and a conservative's is half full.

Yes, these people can.

Do these things.

Which answers no questions.

I think you've fizzled out here.

Lol...huh? I've shown your point to be utterly stupid. I knew it would be a waste to explain it, which is why I didn't want to the first time. You tried to act like it was because I couldn't answer. That wasn't it, you can't understand the answer.

When I listen to AOC I see her as the gift that keeps on giving. She rather reminds me of the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz and a jelly fish. One spent 90 minutes in a movie looking for his and the other doesn't possess one.

She most definitely is good entertainment. Then watching people make excuses for her makes it even better.

Lol...huh? I've shown your point to be utterly stupid. I knew it would be a waste to explain it, which is why I didn't want to the first time. You tried to act like it was because I couldn't answer. That wasn't it, you can't understand the answer.

You haven't "shown" anything, you've claimed such an event took place with no one else seeing it but you.

I can't say this is particularly shocking, looking at the apparently constant state of outrage liberals seem to exist it. It has to be utterly exhausting.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S009265661100170X

It's not a surprise that those who believe in greater personal responsibility and control are happier. It's basically the exact opposite of the victim culture that is cultivated on the left. Believing all your problems are due to someone(thing) else does little to help you improve your own situation.

How the heck would you know anything about 'liberals'? You don't even know what the word means, much less how a liberal thinks.

How the heck would you know anything about 'liberals'? You don't even know what the word means, much less how a liberal thinks.

I know how they think, and I know how they behave. I'm also not the one that did the study so....*yawn* weak.

I think the left tends to be more glass half empty, looking at injustice in the world and environmental problems. They also feel less powerful, conservatives more or less having it their way in their own communities. There's also a certain satisfaction in knowing you're right all the time, whereas lefties tend towards 'the more I learn the less i know.' Faith in God could also help: having an absolute belief system tends to convince people they're on the right track.

It wouldn’t surprise me. I find that when I stop caring about the trials and tribulations of other people and only worry about taking care of myself I tend to be happier. Empathy takes an emotional toll.

Empathy is a good human trait to have.
It just has to be tempered with issues you can actually solve.

I dated a lady once in Olathe, KS who had empathy for any and all causes under the sun.
It was like she was not content unless she had some cause to champion.
Yet she never had two nickles to rub together....making herself broke in their pursuit.

When we would talk on the phone, I had a mental image of her floating away and me having to grab her by the ankle and bring her back down to earth.
But...God bless people like her. At least their heart is in the right place.

Yes we had our Trump breakdown in 2016. What’s not to hate about a man who insults those with darker skin becoming the most powerful person in the world. Conservatives have their 2018-19 breakdown, called AOC, and she’s a freshman in Congress.

Where is an example of Trump insulting those with darker skin? And was he insulting them because of their darker skin?

Are you talking about when he said criminals were immigrating illegally from Mexico? So, because Mexicans have darker skin, and Trump insulted Mexicans, he is a racist who hates people because of their skin color?

Please help straighten out the logic behind this.

This is a reaction to the buffoon that holds sway over the GOP right now. He is everything the left has been over-hyping for years. Racist? He checks all of the boxes. Sexist? Ditto. The "right" went out of their way to vote in a caricature of everything that personifies right-wing radio. Now they have to accept him.

I left the GOP in 2012. I left because I did not like the fiscal policies of the GOP anymore. I'm glad I did, because the GOP is now an utter trash heap.

I applaud you. Sooo, as an ex republican what do you think it is that so many in the republican party refuse to see that you saw? The man constantly lies, he obviously doesn't have a very high opinion of anyone or anything, is certainly lacking in any kind of morals or civility. What is his appeal?

Wow as soon as I read that the picture of smiling mitch jumped right into my head. That study couldn't be more accurate.

Where is an example of Trump insulting those with darker skin? And was he insulting them because of their darker skin?

Are you talking about when he said criminals were immigrating illegally from Mexico? So, because Mexicans have darker skin, and Trump insulted Mexicans, he is a racist who hates people because of their skin color?

He insulted Mexican illegals, did not insult Canadian illegals. He spread false information on black on white homicide. He has exaggerated crime rates when they have been down for years. Prior to his campaign, he demanded the death penalty for black and brown teens who turned out to be innocent, placing ads in newspapers that could have been a great pre-lynching speech. He was taken to court for illegal housing discrimination. He reportedly complained about black accountants, saying he wanted short, fat guys wearing yalmulkes, if true managing to insult blacks and Jews at the same time. Not saying he is racist, but he uses racial fears shamelessly.

I can't say this is particularly shocking, looking at the apparently constant state of outrage liberals seem to exist it. It has to be utterly exhausting.

It's not a surprise that those who believe in greater personal responsibility and control are happier. It's basically the exact opposite of the victim culture that is cultivated on the left. Believing all your problems are due to someone(thing) else does little to help you improve your own situation.

"Look at us! Look at how happy we are!"

imageedit-2-7146349180.png

This wasn't merely an insult, this was Donald Trump wanting these guys dead even though they were proven to be innocent of that crime. I think that's just slightly worse than any insult.

Oct. 17, 2016

Donald J. Trump rarely apologizes. When it comes to the case of the Central Park Five, he has never even come close.

In 1989, after these black and Latino teenagers from Harlem were accused of assaulting and raping a white woman in Central Park, Mr. Trump spent $85,000 placing full-page ads in the four daily papers in New York City, calling for the return of the death penalty.

“Muggers and murderers,” he wrote, “should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes.” Though he didn’t refer to the teenagers by name, it was clear to anyone in the city that he was referring to them.

Incredibly, 14 years after their sentences were vacated based on DNA evidence and the detailed and accurate confession of a serial rapist named Matias Reyes, Mr. Trump has doubled down.

“They admitted they were guilty,” he said in a statement to CNN this month. “The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty. The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous.”

Mr. Trump is apparently ignorant of our country’s epidemic of wrongful convictions, which disproportionately affect minorities, and the prevalence of false confessions in those convictions.

18burns-Web-article-Inline.jpg

Antron McCray, Raymond Santana, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, and Korey Wise in New York City. Known as the Central Park Five, they served prison sentences after being wrongly convicted in the Central Park jogger case.

You know who is even happier than right wingers?

Kids with Downs Syndrome

Liberals have only become more irrational and the underlying philosophical difference still remains. Try again.

Au contraire. One only has to look at the continual faux outrage steaming from Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage and their lemmings as to who is happier. Not to mention Fox News and its low information clan.

Its funny you say that because I just don't see happy conservatives. They always seem angry and confused. And I've never seen one who understands the concept of accountability, integrity or hypocrisy. so I'm just going to have to conclude this study is result of the same delusional ability that allowed conservatives to believe

President Obama was born in Kenya
His BC a forgery
he wants to kill old people
the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies
republicans really really really want to balance the budget

Back
Top Bottom