• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Student kills himself after gay sex footage put online

I found this mildly humorous. To go to this length over a prank like this is ludicrous. It's a red herring to place an inch of blame on these two kids, because if a kid is that emotional and irrational, it was just a matter of time until something drove him over the edge.

My sympathy cup is empty for this kid.

After reading this, I can't help but think to myself, "What a sad, sorry example of a human being." :sigh:

the kid who put this up definitely had a negative intent behind it...He used his twitter page to notify his friends to get online and watch what the kid was doing.

I found this mildly humorous. To go to this length over a prank like this is ludicrous. It's a red herring to place an inch of blame on these two kids, because if a kid is that emotional and irrational, it was just a matter of time until something drove him over the edge.

My sympathy cup is empty for this kid.

Well unfortunately we still have Republicans in the U.S.A. today which means being a homosexual is a terrible thing to half the country.

Well unfortunately we still have Republicans in the U.S.A. today which means being a homosexual is a terrible thing to half the country.
Way to politicize this tragedy. That is very classy. You should be proud of yourself.

Well that was totally unnecessary. Hint: some republicans favor gay rights/equality, some democrats don't.

i think that's crap. putting this on the internet was a terrible thing to do, and his roomie certainly WAS NOT his friend.

Ah yes I forgot you know everything about these kids and know that they weren't friends. You know that it might not be a prank taken to far. You know exactly what his roommates were thinking and doing. You know their hearts were full of malicious intent. I forgot I was speaking to a clairvoyant and not just someone on the internet that read a story and started making accusations with no basis.

Yes it was wrong of them to keep the video chat on and let others come and view the act. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't just a prank. I mean it's not like friends NEVER prank friends, especially not in college :roll:

Ah yes I forgot you know everything about these kids and know that they weren't friends. You know that it might not be a prank taken to far. You know exactly what his roommates were thinking and doing. You know their hearts were full of malicious intent. I forgot I was speaking to a clairvoyant and not just someone on the internet that read a story and started making accusations with no basis.

Yes it was wrong of them to keep the video chat on and let others come and view the act. But that doesn't mean that it wasn't just a prank. I mean it's not like friends NEVER prank friends, especially not in college :roll:

I have yet to have a roommate or a friend in college pull a prank like this. The worst part is, I believe, they didn't want this outcome. The guilt they feel is worse than anything anyone can ever imagine.

The "friends" probably just thought that it would be funny. Kids today have been sex-ting for so long that it's boring and common place to them. They had no idea that he was going to kill himself. They are probably in shock, and will live the rest of their lives with this burden. It seems that the suicide kid may have turned the tables. With force.

Sadly, the kids who perpetrated this can only face a maximum of 5 years in prison. I sincerely hope that this weighs heavily on their hearts for the rest of their lives. What they did was absolutely horrible. Time and time again, the ignorant never realize the possible repercussions before they do something like this.
"What they did" was post streaming video of the guy kissing another guy. The only way a five year jail sentence should be viewed as anything but incredibly heavy handed is if it can be proven that they somehow knew it would cause him to committ suicide.

I have zero sympathy for anyone that takes their own life. Suicide is the most selfish and weak minded reaction there is.

For you to say this demonstrates that you have no understanding of the mechanisms that work in the suicidal mind.

So much for Gay Pride.

Homosexuals co-opted the word which had the following meaning:
1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.
2.bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.

3.given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.

4.licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.

Now quite often one could substitute any one of the following: Sad, bereaved, bitter, blue, cheerless, dejected, despairing, despondent, disconsolate, dismal, distressed, doleful, down, down in dumps, down in mouth, downcast, forlorn, gloomy, glum, grief-stricken, grieved, heartbroken, heartsick, heavyhearted, hurting, in doldrums, in grief, in the dumps, languishing, low, low-spirited, lugubrious, melancholy, morbid, morose, mournful, out of sorts, pensive, pessimistic, sick at heart, somber, sorrowful, sorry, troubled, weeping, wistful, woebegone, ashamed, not mention, Hateful.

It is sad anytime a young person takes their own live and in this case his shame and embarrassment it seems was too much to handle.

Moderator's Warning:

Let's talk about our thoughts on the issue instead of our thoughts about each other.
Let's also try to avoid making sweeping and inflammatory statements about entire groups.

I have yet to have a roommate or a friend in college pull a prank like this. The worst part is, I believe, they didn't want this outcome. The guilt they feel is worse than anything anyone can ever imagine.

just cause you haven't had it happen to you personally doesn't mean that pranks like this don't happen.

I knew a kid in college that was pretty much an asswipe. party crasher who would show up and get drunk off your alcohol and never chip in kinda guy. He passed out in a chair at this one party and while he was out, a couple of the guys whipped out their junk and laid it on his cheeks and another guy took a picture. turned it into a flyer and posted it all over campus. so, yes, pranks like this do happen, more often than you would like to believe

A poor mixed up kid commits suicide over a stupid prank committed by his roommates. The drama over the fact he was gay or whatever is unnecessary. If it is like most pranks the pranksters probably couldn't have concieved it would go this far.

For you to say this demonstrates that you have no understanding of the mechanisms that work in the suicidal mind.

This kid was weak. Natural selection removed him from the gene pool. If he hadn't offed himself over this deal, he would have come up with another reason to off himself. Is that what you mean? Turning irrational behavior into rational thought?

Such is the product of bigotry and hate. To target others simply for who they are is quite the sad thing, yet one that has been seen throughout history unfortunately.

Well apparantley the "victim" didn't know who he was, or why would he have jumped. Seems clear to me that he was homophobic, perhaps? Closet gay, or not gay at all, who knows, only the young lad knows for sure.

I have no sympathy for anyone commiting suicide, gay straight, black, white.. Couldn't give one rats arse. See ya!

Tim-

i think that's crap. putting this on the internet was a terrible thing to do, and his roomie certainly WAS NOT his friend.

Sex is not a spectator sport. I don't care who he was with, that's not the point. He filmed him without his knowledge or permission, and he broadcast it. In Tyler's shoes, I would be SO humiliated. And it's not because he's a kid. I'm saying me, now - I would ... just be devastated.

I consider the persecution of this student to be a hate crime.
None of this would've happened- nor would he have felt compelled to kill himself over it- if he'd been with a girl instead of another guy.

I consider the persecution of this student to be a hate crime.
None of this would've happened- nor would he have felt compelled to kill himself over it- if he'd been with a girl instead of another guy.

I don't think there's any way you can possibly know this. I can't speak to what was going on in either party's head, but college kids do **** like this all the time, gay or straight. I can't tell you the number of times a friend had a door kicked down while he was hooking up. Another kid had made a sex tape with his girlfriend which ended up being screened for his housemates while he was at class.

People's reactions make no sense.

If this buy killed the people who made the video everyone's reactions would be 180.

This kid was weak. Natural selection removed him from the gene pool. If he hadn't offed himself over this deal, he would have come up with another reason to off himself. Is that what you mean? Turning irrational behavior into rational thought?

Like I said... you have no understanding of the mechanisms around suicidality. Read something about it and get back to us. In lieu of that, nothing you have said is relevant.

As for the incident, my guess is that it was not intentionally devised to harm the kid, but a prank that the kid got overly upset about. Obviously, this kid had other issues going on LONG before this prank. I believe that the kids that did this should be charged with whatever one would get charged with for posting something like that on the internet, but for causing a suicide? No way.

Darwinism at work.

Do you say the same of people who join the military? Natural selection removing people stupid enough to join the military from the gene pool? I doubt you do. I bet you think people who join the military and get killed are some sort of heroes and they are somehow exempt from the same "Darwinism" you obviously don't understand.

Last edited:
The sort of creepy things right-wingers say about Darwinism make me wonder if they really are Nazis in disguise.

Back
Top Bottom